Bassists? Drummers? Jam? New England?

Started by Wesogkan, March 26, 2011, 07:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wesogkan

We've been looking for a bassist for over a year...no one has even tried out yet. Still open to jamming with drummers also...

In Providence, RI.

http://www.reverbnation.com/wesogkan

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Wesogkan

Haha, now that would be a weird mix of styles...I want to do a split 7" with Kintaan, that would be neato.

VOLVO)))

haha, The Body rules. Super sweet guys. Are there just no bassists in RI?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Wesogkan

There seems to be a general shortage of stoner/doom musicians here who aren't already in 2+ bands or total flakes...we need some fresh recruits from other areas or something. 

core9

Dude I am in CT and right there with ya.  It took me forever to find guys to play with...stay persistent you will find what you need.

Wesogkan

Thanks for the encouraging words Core.

I've got my shit all together, waiting for other people to fall in line here. I've got stacks of pro gear and 8 songs written with plenty of leftover riffs for more. *sigh*

I feel like I've been training for the Stoner Metal Olympics for 20+ years and have no teammates.

justJon

Quote from: Wesogkan on April 02, 2011, 06:24:23 PM
No drummers either? Come on...
I am a solid drummer, and a passable bass player. However, I am in a band....and I'm in New Mexico.

Sorry.

A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

core9

Quote from: Wesogkan on April 02, 2011, 07:25:51 PM

I feel like I've been training for the Stoner Metal Olympics for 20+ years and have no teammates.

I know that feeling all to well my man.  What part of RI are you in?

Wesogkan

Got a space on the Pawtucket/Providence line.

Hemisaurus

We played with a band who was a 4 piece 2 guitars, bass player, singer and a drum machine. Singer ran the drum machine, it worked pretty well. Gzus of course was not impressed.

Worst case scenario

= Bassplayer

= Drummer

I just can't ever be bothered to program the damn things.

VOLVO)))

EHX POG pulls off a polyphonic bassist pretty well. just sayin'.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

I am güd drummink. I live in Brooklyn, though.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 02, 2011, 09:51:53 PM
EHX POG pulls off a polyphonic bassist pretty well. just sayin'.
What would you suggest for the reverse?

VOLVO)))

Actually, the octave up on the POG isn't bad, either. It gets a little tinny, if you have the LP filter high up, but it'll do a decent clean guitar tone if you try to play like a guitarist?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 02, 2011, 10:05:51 PM
Actually, the octave up on the POG isn't bad, either. It gets a little tinny, if you have the LP filter high up, but it'll do a decent clean guitar tone if you try to play like a guitarist?
I can't play guitar, the strings are too fiddly, I don't play with a pick either  ;)

Yes, make this monophonic bass player sound like a polyphonic guitar player, magic box ;D

Looking at that Ultra Harmonist doo-dad to achieve this.

Also thinking about replacing my G string with a Banjo string tuned A' or D'

VOLVO)))

Find one and fiddle with it, Herb. I played bass in a band where the guitar player didn't want to do any leads, so I did them all with four strings and that pedal. If you play hard, it comes out sounding like an organ... could be your edge.

WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOB WOB WOB AAAAAAAAAAA WOMP WOMP WOMP

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Wesogkan

I need actual peoples...a tribe/gang of potheads with musical talent, good taste and an intense hatred of corporate radio bands and teabaggers. :)

Lumpy

Do you know Indy from Queen Elephantine? He lives in Providence.

What about moving to Brooklyn, lots of beardos here.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

yesca

hey man i know how you feel. me and my bassist have been playing together for the past 2 years and have been recently starting to look for a drummer. everyone in Virginia plays guitar and is into the popular mainstream acts. need more doom drummers

Wesogkan

Quote from: Lumpy on April 03, 2011, 06:06:56 PM
Do you know Indy from Queen Elephantine? He lives in Providence.

What about moving to Brooklyn, lots of beardos here.

I have met him, haven't seen him recently though...

Wesogkan

Still looking...everyone here wants to sound like fucking godsmack or hatebreed.

eddiefive10

Tides isnt doing shit these days hook up with those dudes. Augie is a solid dude!!!