Black Sabbath November 08, 2016

Started by MikeyT, November 11, 2016, 06:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeyT

I've waited 46 years to see Black Sabbath. Tuesday night I finally made it.
    It was at the BOK in Tulsa. I woke up around 1:30 that morning owing to my weird work/sleep schedule, and after running around all day taking care of things, by showtime I was feeling fine, but unusually subdued.

We sat down just as Sabbath opened- with 'Black Sabbath'.  Throughout the show people were smoking, drinking, screaming, shouting all around me, but I just sat there, almost in a trance, mesmerized by the lights and music. Now Ozzy's voice lacks the character of old, and Bill Ward is sorely missed; but Tommy gave his all on drums, and I think Ozzy, intensely focused, did the best he possibly could. Tony and Geezer were pure magic, banging on all eight cylinders, driving the Sabbath machine to the heights of wailing glory. They were brilliant, and the band as a whole sounded incredibly powerful.

The encore was a slamming, no holds barred 'Paranoid', in which almost everything which is great about Sabbath came together in perfect harmony...  it was a transcendent musical moment. Tony was smiling, I was smiling, everyone was stunned and exultant. Sabbath really tore the house down. It was a great night and a beautiful experience.

Thanks to God and Black Sabbath. I hope they all live to be a 100 years old!
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'