Post Your Jams, Improvs, One-Offs and Practices

Started by Dave J, January 19, 2018, 05:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Wrist band is totally utilitarian. The binding on the Paul digs into my arm.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

The entire setup is ace. And well behaved in proportion to what could be absolute meltdown.

RAGER

Got that goin on in the mains right now whilst rearranging my pedal board. Just what I needed.
Groovin.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Ren, you've done a fine job on the recording. Is it one mic? It translates well even over yutoobs codec. Sweet tones, too. Quality pokes through good.

I'm also opening a storage box or two of my pedals that have been hiberating for quite awhile. Oh goodie!

renfield

it's just my phone's onboard mic. the drums are playing through that lil orange combo's aux in

cheers

Muffin Man

Incredible. There's a guitar builder (Waterslide Guitars) People are always asking what amp? Garageband and "everyone" goes WTF. (fingers!) (ha, he's on PGrid too)  His old GB stuff sounds better to me but whatevs (upon further review I jumped the gun with my opionion, I'm open to change)

RAGER

DOOM! 

I was trying really hard to record some jams today but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Something I'm missing. Out of my board into irig into iPhone. Usually works fine. Can't figure it out. I'd rather just play than work it out.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Having a jam room in the basement = total dream.

I have to rent a practice space, it's shared with other people, and no room for a couch or mini fridge etc. it's not a place you would want to hang out and do bong rips.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

I've had a basement in every place I've lived since 1993. It's a must.

I've played in a couple bands that practiced in a shared space. It wasn't too bad because it was in a basement in a house where friends lived so it was cool to hang and party. I always packed up all my gear and it's me every time instead of leaving it like others cuz it was kind of a party house.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

neighbor664

The last recording of 2020. Shit solo jam for a shit year.
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/ericdemby/it-is-almost-over[/soundcloud]

Stonergrunge

Hi guys, I have two things to share with you:

This was my last uploaded recording of 2020 and it's actually a video... not audio only like I used to do so yes, there are a few funny faces and intense headbanging occurring in some parts:

My first recording of 2021, audio only, recorded on January 6 using an iPhone 3GS with no external mics. Sorry for the mistakes here and there in both videos but I always get a little nervous when I record myself:

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

First clip sounds good, even through my little IPad speaker. I can totally image the other instruments filling in, if it was a full band. Your ideas are well developed, I can't imagine other people wouldn't be interested in joining you, because songwriters are probably the hardest thing to find (or maybe drummers, I don't know). Bass players should be easy to find.

Sounds like an octave fuzz, is it a Zvex Octane lll ? They are heavy...

renfield

Yep, really inspiring stuff Stonergrunge. I really admire your gift for organizing riffs into cohesive songs, there's so much momentum that you really do hallucinate a full band like Lumpy said.

Stonergrunge

Thank you very much for your support, guys.

"Caminata Espacial" starts with a combination of octavia/fuzz and delay (MJM Roctavios + MJM London Fuzz), after that I use the switching system to go back and forth between octavia/fuzz and fuzz only (MJM London Fuzz II + Sunmachine Reptile Fuzz), whereas "Gárgamel" uses my fuzz only combo of London Fuzz II and Reptile Fuzz. I can't stress enough the importance of the RC-3 Looper in both instrumentals though... that pedal has been a game changer since I got it.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

renfield

Way easier to get a nice sounding Direct In with the baritone. I'll record something heavy and post it soon

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/renfield666/pipe-rider-rider[/soundcloud]

Lumpy

Cool jam. Is that the baritone guitar playing both the bass and guitar parts, with a drum track?

renfield

That is correct sir. Drums were stolen from the beginning of "Pipe Rider" by lowrider.

Lumpy

But how did you play both parts at the same time though??!

What is your fuzz, is it different for each part, or did you use the same setup?

Lumpy

I was joking but maybe you're using a looper. Was that recorded live in your space? Or multitracked?

renfield

It's multitracked. Guitar -> Scarlett 2i2 audio interface -> Ableton Live; all the sounds are Ableton amp modeling and effects.

I've never used Ableton before, just downloaded the free demo while my macbook gets repaired. It has some nutty effects! For example this is the "Long Tape" delay (over the same loop):

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/renfield666/long-tape[/soundcloud]