Main Menu

Stupid Broken Band Survey

Started by Hemisaurus, April 02, 2011, 10:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

There seems to be a lot of this about.  ;D

justJon

Hmmm....
Drummer....In a band, with a guitarist, and a bass player....Nope, "none of the above!"
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

Discö Rice

I play guitar, bass and drums. I'm in sort of a sometimes twosome in which I play drums and the other guy plays bass. Not sure where I fit in.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

dogfood

Drummer, in school with incomplete equipment, getting there very soon.
Bassist, won't respond to communications attempts.
Singer, who the fuck knows?!
Me, buying a home with practice space writing songs right fucking now, assembling pedal board.
Problem solving whiskey!

VOLVO)))

I'm a guitarist/bassist/drummer that had to can all his hack friends because they're all broke.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

giantchris

Bassist looking.  Got an audition tomorrow though thats meh close enough to what I want to do.  I work nights so its hard to find a band that can practice when I can or wants to do the kind of music I want to do.

I'm slowly learning guitar to write my own stuff its going ok but taking awhile.  Thats probably my best bet of actually getting to do anything with music.

Wesogkan

Guitarist who has been trying to form my current project for about 3 years now. Started with myself and a bassist (who said some of my stuff was too fast for him). Then myself and a guitarist...who split was soon as a promising drummer came in to try out. A drummer I had to toss yesterday because he couldn't pay the rent. Now it's just me with tons of gear, a practice space, 8 songs, a pile of riffs, and my thumb up my ass.

At least I'm playing drums in another band right now. Heh, or I should say 'learning drums' since I think I suck. I can also play bass, but don't own one. My hands are really fucking small so it's hard to play most of them. That and I've grown very weary of guys assuming I play bass. *sigh*

mortlock

im a bassist without a drummer or a guitar player, but thats because my bands line up consists of bass, synth, sax. so im good. however i did sub on bass last night for a guitar player and drummer who didnt have a bassist at a show. so i stepped in and jammed..

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Wesogkan on April 03, 2011, 09:19:23 AM
I can also play bass, but don't own one. My hands are really fucking small so it's hard to play most of them. That and I've grown very weary of guys assuming I play bass. *sigh*
There's no shame in playing a short scale bass, some of the greats do it, for speed, I played one for the punk outfit I was in. That little less distance to stretch makes life much easier.

hayseed

I have been a guitarist with out a bassist for 3 years now! AND my old drummer hung it up last spring and i decided to switch over to bass i hopes of finding work!

Currently I am in the process of re forming a "classic" lineup (me and beardofchutulu have jamming on and off for about 15 years or more) .Our roles are reversed - I am playing bass and he is on guitar(it was always the other way around). Time change ya know? We have been drummer-less for a month or so.

As of  yesterday, We may have found a drummer finally....only thing is that we are in our mid 30's and this "kid" is just turning 18 and graduating
high school. BUT he is F'N good! Does this make us pedophiles?
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Hemisaurus

No. One of my old punk bands, we hqd the son of a buddy of mine play drums for us, he was almost 16 when he started playing gigs with us.

You just had to get his dad's permission to have him come out play gigs :)

Discö Rice

I started playing shows at about 14 under the same rules - parents had to be there, I only go into a bar to set up, play, and tear down.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: yesca on April 03, 2011, 06:20:31 PM
guitar and bass 2 piece in search of a drummer  :'(
stupid thought, but have you ever seen one of those one man band things that play everything? say like Joe Buck, the guitarist and I in one of my punk bands, once did an acoustic set like that, when the drummer and other guitarist couldn't make it. one took kick the other snare, but I've seen a single guy do both kick and snare, so you could maybe do 4 drums, or one does kick snare, the other hihat and some kind of ride?

don't know how well that would translate to your genre, but might be a laugh, or a hook for your band :)

Wesogkan

We need a "Band classifieds" category here. The forum of the lost stoner metal souls in need of bandmates.

VOLVO)))

This board has always served that purpose, really. On SRbombedout.com there was one that saw little use... so I guess it didn't get carried over...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

We need to do like the Libertarians tried to do, and all move into one state. Take it over, set the rules, legalise things  :)

Wesogkan

Or at least a compound like Waco...we'd have to keep the bradley tanks and stormtroopers out somehow though.

mortlock

yeah..you must avoid any imperial entanglements..

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 03, 2011, 09:03:36 PM
We need to do like the Libertarians tried to do, and all move into one state. Take it over, set the rules, legalise things  :)

Is there room for a militant atheist NPA guy? If so, I'm down.

I swore off party affiliations a long time ago, especially in arguments. If someone identifies with "I'M A DEMOCRAT, SO..." I immediately write those people off as sheep.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

LogicalFrank

I play guitar in a band w/ a drum machine and drums in a different band.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Instant Dan

Bassist - either it is a metal guitarist with no tone or a guy who slaps/pops his way through. Thinking of just getting a beater bass and learn it myself as I know what I want.

Drummer - drum machine for me, most guys my age are more double bass than carrying a solid beat.

Singer - don't care

Me, other guitarist - writing and improving rhythm and lead. Realizing how I want to sound, my problems are I still am not versatile enough and I hit road blocks easily when writing songs as I don't want it to sound contrived. Wouldn't mind another guitarist provided our rhythm is tight enough, we can feed off each other, and just get along.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Instant Dan on April 04, 2011, 11:52:19 AM
Bassist - either it is a metal guitarist with no tone or a guy who slaps/pops his way through. Thinking of just getting a beater bass and learn it myself as I know what I want.

Came across this last night, just find 9 other people who want a bass ;)

http://www.dhgate.com/black-export-confi-gurati-onelec-tricity/p-ff8080812e7a8cbd012e8f4d59387ca5.html

Wesogkan

Getting majorly frustrated, this was going to be my last serious run at a band, and I've already wasted 3 years just trying to put it together personnel-wise. Ready to fucking quit and sell all my gear.