Videos of you playing/Music you've recorded

Started by VOLVO))), April 04, 2011, 10:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

^those are solid rhythms.  I was imagining lyrics and solos while they were playing, so yeah....

kind of couldn't hear the bass in all that(both songs), but idk what i'm supposed to be hearing wrt the song's construction/mix
cool harmonic interplay of some of the chords in the first riff of the first song. I would probably sit and play those chords over and over again too just to get that sound going haha

are you going to finish those into songs, or is this just riff exercise that wont go any further?
just curious.

==========================================================================

that's it, i'm stealing "punktry roads" from everdrone.
that is a genuine shitkicker and some people are gonna boogie when they hear it.

edit: key of B?    B, f#,g# E mostly

Penabls

thnks for the feedback, i kind of mix the bass to give some more low end since it´s a vst in some parts i don´t like the sound of it so i´m kind of cheating, yes i want to finished the songs add some solos and maybe some keyboards on some parts i think of it as some kind of sketchs, since i´m not a singer i won´t try to give it lyrics i´ll try to give a instrumental feeling.
Thanks again for the feedback

Stoney Pete

Here is a new track I recorded at home. It's called Poldergeist... I know the correct term is poltergeist but for Dutch reasons I've turned the t into a d... For lack of a better term I call the style "trance metal". Synths and beats were made with the Korg EMX-1. Love to hear your feedback!

https://soundcloud.com/abdominal-ultrasound/poldergeist

everdrone

Quote from: jibberish on November 28, 2015, 08:59:22 PM
everdrone, my take is that you are too absorbed in the technique aspects to deliver the song.
even your self diagnosis of this latest round addresses nothing but technical details. what about the song?

you were loosening up on "new sensation".  I was actually smiling thinking if you worked that out, you would have a piece of stage routine that had presence.

overall, you sound like you are being strangled or have gas. not being funny, but there is incredible tension in the delivery. somehow you have to start relaxing and delivering the song vs the mechanics.

I can only think of one suggestion at this point:  what is a song you know and have loved to sing the tune since forever and you don't even have to think about singing it.
dp that song, completely relaxed and forget about the technical stuff. xmas carols is my escape. brainwashed with those my whole life I don't have to worry about the tune or the words, just the delivery.

I appreciate this jibberishI have thought a lot about the delivering and not being strangled or have gas, it really does have that sort of tone for me at that point!  punktry roads aint my arrangement, but I encourage you to punk up covers :) 

I recorded this one today with lots of vocal distortion, hopefully it sounds a little more pleasing.  I think the main thing I am concerned about with technique is just avoiding hurting my voice cause sometimes the next day back of my throat is a bit sore.  I am experimenting still, there are a million muscles in the neck and I am trying to create a relaxation response in my neck and throat and bear down with my diaphram/stomach muscles.

Here is another stone temple pilots cover by me: "Big bang baby", any constructive criticism or comments are appreciated thank you:

jibberish

your constant practice has been improving various aspects of your singing skills.

for example, the ability to jump all over to hit the notes of the songs accurately.
and tell me you don't know a shitload of tunes now, with lyrics heh.

Also, at some point, you will have to find your own voice. You aren't ozzie or scott weiland. you are you.

I know what you mean about the sore throat the next day. I have been working on imitating elvis' "here comes santa claus" and "blue Christmas" exactly like he does them.
he has a very resonant voice that you really have to pull all your throat muscles tight to emulate

ps, to imitate stevie nicks, karate chop your throat while you sing HAHA.

everdrone

cool thanks man, others have said that as well that I imitate the other singers so you are onto something.  to me I sound like me, maybe a bit more of a covered sound when I sing grunge.

please disregard that video I shot last night, I got a scratchy throat today so I need to go back to ground zero with my technique, one of these days Ill get a skype camera and get some singing lessons through it from a rock singer that teaches distortion and rasp :-)  I can sing clean fine with no throat issues for like 4 hours a day but I am doing something wrong for that distortion cause I cant be having a sore throat like that.

khoomeizhi

so, everdrone, it was suggested a while ago, but might be more helpful than you know: some of the elements of tuvan throat-singing (especially the way some of the rattlier/dirtier styles train you to tighten the muscles at just one level of the throat but leave the rest relaxed and open) could help you find the place where dirtier tones don't hurt you.

the main thing is that you have another pair of 'vocal cords/folds' down below the pair you use to talk. the lower pair (vestibular folds) can be engaged to provide 'dirt' to vocal tone without stressing the upper pair or more of the upper muscles. not being a teacher, i don't necessarily know the best way to start - it's a very intentional, meditative process to find and learn to use these muscles that most people don't use in normal life - but it may be part of your answer.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

everdrone

thanks brutha, I have watched those 'how to' use false cords, 'how to' do that cultural throat singing and have seen other metal heads do the cultural throat singing, tuvan or mongolian.  it definitely is a similar thing.  I hear my false chords being activated and feel the muffler rattling around in there, but I am tensing up something or what have you.

the youtubers try to explain it but its pretty hard to understand.  my diaphram might just not be strong enough yet. Im gonna get the melissa cross videos soon and her warmups.  I have been doing Ken Tamplin home study course and will look at his videos in it more closely too.

everdrone

I made a cover of a Rival Sons song right now, bluesy tune, led zeppelin type stuff:

https://youtu.be/2jo3hPc_J_Y

everdrone

Ace of Spades (Motorhead cover by Ron, RIP Lemmy)

everdrone

Quote from: khoomeizhi on December 19, 2015, 07:14:01 PM
so, everdrone, it was suggested a while ago, but might be more helpful than you know: some of the elements of tuvan throat-singing (especially the way some of the rattlier/dirtier styles train you to tighten the muscles at just one level of the throat but leave the rest relaxed and open) could help you find the place where dirtier tones don't hurt you.

the main thing is that you have another pair of 'vocal cords/folds' down below the pair you use to talk. the lower pair (vestibular folds) can be engaged to provide 'dirt' to vocal tone without stressing the upper pair or more of the upper muscles. not being a teacher, i don't necessarily know the best way to start - it's a very intentional, meditative process to find and learn to use these muscles that most people don't use in normal life - but it may be part of your answer.

here is my own throat singing:

VOLVO)))

https://threshing.bandcamp.com/

There's finally some recorded bullshit from my band in it's current incarnation.

Pretty shitty live video of an entire set where none of us could hear ourselves.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

everdrone

jibberish

hey droney, after your cover ended, there were choices of more videos..i randomly clicked on this cuz..boobs I guess lol

IDK WTF, but there are boobs involved haha.

everdrone

lol thanks friend for the listen to my cover

I recorded another QOTSA song later this night:

zachoff

Starts out a little rough, but smooths out as it goes.  I need to work on my vocals.  There were quite a few people there even though the camera doesn't show it.  :'(

...and part 2

everdrone

everdrone

agent of change

A fan-submitted clip of a mostly rehearsed FOR DOOM THE BELL TOLLS from our last show

We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

everdrone

everdrone

jibberish

hard to make a video of a multitrack project so I have to leave this on soundcloud

I have been looking for the excuse to slag disturbed and that lame cover of sounds of silence.
I also have a particular disdain for a vocal group called Gregorian. they are also lame wannabe's.
I got them both by slaughtering sounds of silence BOTH Gregorian and disturbed style

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/doktordeath/morondraggerknucklechoirsos1[/soundcloud]

RacerX

Quote from: VOLVO))) on January 23, 2016, 05:42:29 PM
https://threshing.bandcamp.com/

There's finally some recorded bullshit from my band in it's current incarnation.

Pretty shitty live video of an entire set where none of us could hear ourselves.

Nice!

Can't really see you well, either, but I could tell you boys was rocking pretty hard.
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.