Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Fat Man with Mel Gibson was pretty good. He's Santa and trying to fend off a hit man. It's well made and fun, but not a must-see by any stretch of the imagination. Minus the Santa angle (which is fun) it's totally ordinary. B-
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

peoplething

Glad you guys enjoyed RE. I thought the foreign language really helped remove alot of the eye rolling parts too. The few homage shots to Carpenter's The Thing had me cringing at first because I thought it was gonna be that story but with a Santa Thing

nope.

plus I'm convinced Jor-el is the helicopter pilot.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

mortlock

i finally got around to the green inferno. no great, not terrible. felt more like a zombie movie than a cannibal jungle movie.

Muffin Man

Lumpy

Watched CON AIR again on Mortlock's recommendation. It's awesome/terrible at the same time... Action-packed cheese with super-high entertainment quotient (every 20 seconds there's a gag, explosion, emotional manipulation etc)

Nicholas Cage cries in one scene, and has a terrible Alabama accent. Plus Danny Trejo, Steve Buscemi, John Cusack, John Malkovich, Dave Chappelle, Ving Rhames... and many more.

It sucks/I give it a 9. Both.

renfield

Con Air is the best possible Michael Bay movie, and he didn't even make it

Dylan Thomas

We watched Freddy Got Fingered last night.  She picked it, and I'm surprised she made it through the whole thing.  Reactions ranged from:

"This movie is really weird."
"This is the point that I cannot suspect disbelief, this is too ridiculous."
"This movie is really intended to make the viewer feel super uncomfortable at times."
"Okay, that scene was one of the funniest thing that I've ever seen and totally made watching this train wreck of movie worthwhile."

Obviously I love Freddy Got Fingered for all of the above reasons?
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

mortlock

What's eating gilbert grape. Released in 93. For some reason i never saw it until now. Its on netflix. Holy shit what a good movie. Dicaprio was incredible. Sad and inspiring. Makes you realize what assholes people can be and also reminds you of the good in people. Its a must see movie. Very powerful.

RAGER

I'll have to revisit.  I do a pretty good impersonation of Arnie but I probably shouldn't.
No Focus Pocus

dnice

Quote from: mortlock on February 05, 2021, 05:29:54 PM
What's eating gilbert grape. Released in 93. For some reason i never saw it until now. Its on netflix. Holy shit what a good movie. Dicaprio was incredible. Sad and inspiring. Makes you realize what assholes people can be and also reminds you of the good in people. Its a must see movie. Very powerful.

Dicaprio was incredible. I have a son with special needs. It's scary how well Leo performs that role.

Dylan Thomas

Oh yeah, I loved that movie when I was younger, I should revisit it as well.

whoshotthefrog

I really liked this, and for a movie that was close to 3 hours long it seemed to go by quick.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

neighbor664

Lumpy

Quote from: whoshotthefrog on February 13, 2021, 10:45:03 AM

I really liked this, and for a movie that was close to 3 hours long it seemed to go by quick.

I watched this a couple weeks ago and I liked it, but by the end I couldn't really follow the plot twists. The action sequences were good.

Dylan Thomas

Yeah, I thought that it was decent.  The twists were pretty good, and the whole forward time and backwards time working towards a singular moment and such reminded me of when you flip the tape on a studio recording in order to record backwards tracks, I used to love doing that.

Lumpy

Thor - Ragnarok (I'm 5 years behind everyone else)

Very good, even though some bits are a little too campy (ala Batman & Robin) and some bits are a little too serious. Overall, definitely one of the better superhero movies. One of the few where they (true to Marvel comics) insult each other during the fight sequences (although they could have had even more of that).

I'm not even remotely a Thor fan and I liked it. Cate Blanchett is great as the supervillain. Great cast.

Dylan Thomas

I haven't seen that Thor movie yet, I'll have to remedy that.  I thought the other Thor movies I'd seen were fun, and I do loves me some Kate Blanchett.  She can act, and she's perdy.

dnice

yall see this one? Very good flick, surprised I hadn't seen it yet, just watched it over the weekend. For years I didn't realize the premise, than once I knew I was like oh shit I need to see this. Great acting all around, especially Ryan Gosling and Christian Bale. Good pacing and writing/style. Excellent movie.

stooge

"i care a lot" was quite good
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

mortlock

I care a lot was great. One of the better netflix movies.

renfield

Rosamund Pike is so great as a villain

stooge

i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

Dylan Thomas

I saw that Willy's Wonderland movie with Nick Cage.  It's great, a lot of fun, exactly what you'd want from that sort for a movie.  Cage doesn't say a single word and it's amazing.

Lumpy

Weird - I posted about the Wax Trax documentary "Industrial Accident" (it's good) and that post is missing. Maybe I forgot to hit send.