PC general

Started by renfield, January 12, 2019, 08:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfield

Wifey just bought us both 1070s at a steep discount through her gaming world cnxns, what's the hot shit on PC these days?

They came with Monster Hunter World and holy shit the graphic detail is wtf, although I'm not sure if I'm into the game yet

Jor el

Are those Window Fans ?

What Would Scooby Do ?

Plywood

Nice. I'm still rocking the GTX 760.

Some PC games I dig:

Nu DOOM - god damn amazing

American Truck Simulator - I had to try this one out with the new Oregon DLC. Great graphics, good overall sim lite feeling. Only like 5gb (if limited HD space). It's great! I recently did a haul of OJ from Springfield to Medford listening to bluegrass & podcasts - very chill game. Only thing missing is trucking culture like greasy truck stops and some speedball on the dashboard to keep you in action (needing to sleep at a gas stop is simulated)           

Kerbal Space Program - If you get hooked on this you WILL be looking up YouTube videos on how to do just about anything beyond blowing up your Kerbals in glorious ways. I highly recommend at least getting out to space and landing on the moon, which was a big achievement for me. You really do get a feel for zero-g Newtonian physics in this thing.

renfield

nyarlathotep

Now that you've got a 1070, it's time to get an Oculus Rift... VR is pretty fun, although most games are pretty simple. Blade & Sorcery is a fantastic murder simulator.

Non-VR, I'm playing Insurgency: Sandstorm a lot, which is a fast paced tactical shooter. Looks real nice on high settings, lots of gore, great sound design and highly rewarding gameplay when you don't immediately die.

renfield

Sweet. So far it's been Monster Hunter and Kingdom Come Deliverance. All my metroidvanias will have to wait while I enjoy these Modern Graphics.

nyarlathotep

Just started KC:D a few days ago. Liking it a lot; the combat is definitely weak at times but when you get some solid hits in and then steal your victim's gloves for repair money, it feels pretty good.

juan11

I've got a 1070, a 6 core Intel @ 5ghz & 32gb of RAM, but I've mostly been playing Forza7 lately, so I've been using my Xbox one.

Maybe I should drive with a mouse.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

renfield

I'm so fucking obsessed with Monster Hunter, fuck. I'm supposed to be getting a job

renfield

Against all odds, looks like we are getting a sequel to one of the great unsung classics of video games

socket

Never played the first. I'll check em oot.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

renfield

If you get the new Modern Warfare on PC you can play with xbox and ps4 people too. I did it so I could play with the boys. Not really my thing but when you have a mouse and keyboard and everybody else has a stupid child's controller, you win every time

socket

keyboard and mouse for fucking life
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

juan11

Sold my xbox1.  6 core is at 4.6ghz.

FULL DISCLOSURE.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

renfield

BALDUR'S GATE 3

The most fully realized non-tabletop RPG of all time. It's still in early access mode and buggy as hell but I'm already in danger of losing my job because of it. Incredible stuff

peoplething

Monster Hunter is getting a show or movie or something

got DOOM'16 (I'm cheap and wait for stuff to go on sale) the game is amazingly well done.

I'm suspending my cheap rule for either Baldur's Gate or New World though... one of those is gonna be a time sink
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

renfield

Doom '16 was so fucking good. Uncut pure shit, thrilling combat, color coded key cards, everything I wanted.