Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood

Started by Josh, July 31, 2019, 08:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stooge

it's also a "fuck bruce lee" (and "fuck sharon tate") film foe sure
lee's family already complained big time about how bruce is portrayed in the movie
like "he would never have gotten in brawl he took karate serious"
although i adored bruce lee like almost every kid who grew up in the 70s i just loved that tarrantino made him look a complete jerk
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

renfield

How is it fuck Bruce or fuck Sharon? I completely disagree.

The whole point of the Bruce scene is to show that Cliff is a total badass, so much so that he can actually go head to head with Lee.

The film is basically a love letter to Sharon Tate.

juan11

This is a complete love letter to Sharon Tate.  Even used her (Sharon Tate) in the theater clips.  She was so goddam likeable in that film, "Good luck with your adventure!" to the hitchhiker she picked up, and all.

I read that the Lee family didn't like that people laughed in the theater & that he would have never thrown a jumping kick in a street fight.  "Street fight" is a little strong for that scene, and caving in a Lincoln didn't seem to hurt him much.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

juan11

I can't stress enough how rad it was not knowing what it was about, really, assuming it was the Manson story from the opening minutes, having that fade into the background kinda, only to came back here and there, and then full on as a "oh, shit, here we go" moment (and with Tate so goddam likeable!), only to...  you know, THE END.  Amazing!

stooge

Well i'm Obviously from another planet
To me celebrities celebrating themselves are super uncool
Lee goes "look at me my fists are officially lethal weapons"
Not even Ivan Drago would have said that
Tate is so in love with herself watching herself in her own movie it turned me off completely and I can't really get how that is likable
But hey it's just my two cents and I'm just a negative Nancy so...
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

juan11

I got a different vibe totally, like she was surprised/happy to find people liked her in it. I mean, these weren't folks kissing her ass at a party. I though even the way she turned down the refreshments offer made her likeable. Like, it was cute she got in for free, but she wasn't really after any special treatment.

Plus, that 911. Jesus H. Jones. Like McQueen's 911 in Le Mans. How am I not gonna like a sweet mod chick in a black 69 911?  I'M ONLY HUMAN.