Comics thread

Started by Isabellacat, September 25, 2019, 12:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

I've been reading alot of old 50's horror comics lately. Say what you will about the 50's being all goody-two shoed,but their comics really did not fuck around. Some of them prolly wouldn't be made today and would be controversial.

Love reading stuff like this while listening to Black Sabbath's debut...

Oh I also printed my own comic last year called Hikikomori Nation(Aka Wasted Youth). The first comic in history to feature anime characters smoking cannabis! Here it is for sale in  a Las Vegas comic store...

I'm actually mailing out a copy to both Dave Wyndorf and Tommy Chong,they both asked for one.

Anyways what kinda comics are y'all into?

lftwng4

I prefer pre-mid-80's stuff, emphasis on silver age Marvel.  That's what I grew up reading, I still like it.
But really anything pre-WWII-post Vietnam era is fine.  Doesn't have to be Marvel or DC either, a lot of those EC comics were great fun to read.

I don't read much any more.  I think I'm currently reading(and probably behind a few issues) Batman:The Batman Who Laughs, A Walk Through Hell, and the latest Criminal series(Ed Brubaker).  I've got all of the issues of The Dark Knight III:  Master Race but I've only read half of them.
I'm kinda particular about when and how I read a comic, so I guess I just haven't had the chance to read a lot.  Plus, I'm reluctant to start a series, when there's no comic shops in my town, and the shops in Lima, Bowling Green, and Toledo are hit and miss.
But I'll always stop in any comic shop when I'm in a new town, and usually try to pick something up that looks interesting.

Isabellacat

I love old Marvel comics from the 60's-80's too!!  :)

I think John Byrne is my favorite artist from that era. I got the first appearance of Phoenix and that one was hard to track down.

mortlock

Isabellacat

My own comic has been back on sale!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hikikomori-Nation-AKA-Wasted-Youth-Issue-1-Rare-Underground-Comic/223839452913

Recently praised by Tommy Chong himself. The first comic in history to feature anime characters smoking weed!  :P