Watchmen - HBO Series

Started by Token, November 25, 2019, 04:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Token

Just thought I was gonna let this slide by, huh?

Confusing series but a wonderful show.

socket

I looked for a thread and wasn't going to be the one to start it. I'm enjoying it. Only one "bad" episode so far.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

sleestak

Diggin' it.   Fan of the comic and digging this quite a bit.   I do find myself being kind of a dork about it to the wife "they never revealed who hooded justice was in the comic" she usually politely nods and then I unpause and we finish watching.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

lftwng4

My wife coerced me into watching this and I'm glad she did.  Seems to be some interesting characters and it's fun to see how things play out.

stooge

is it as good as the movie?
i soooo love that movie
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

sleestak

I like the movie but I feel like this series is more faithful than the movie and it's specifically a sequel to the comic not the movie.  Really that's only because the movie changed the ending to be a little different than the comic.  The series clearly took a lot of inspiration from the movie though so if you dug the movie just look up the differences so you understand the squid references they use in the show.

Tip for those watching: episode 8 has a post credits scene.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

jmucke

Its a great take on the ideas of the comic. Guess I have to watch it again in one take (after I re-read the comic) to grasp the whole picture. Only minor complaint would be that the story took a while to get going only rush through the last episode.

CanookieWookie

Awful, typical, modern American crap.

But the acting was good and visually it looked nice.

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

renfield

will b hated it because it was too pro-cop

stooge

i liked it
hard to keep up with the storyline but it sure looks great and its thrilling
still like the movie better though
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

neighbor664

I just finished binging through this series. I definitely enjoyed it. I never have seen the movie nor read the comics. Is it me or does this seem to borrow just a bit from Vonnegut's "Sirens Of Titan"?

Lumpy

Quote from: neighbor664 on March 27, 2020, 11:22:27 AM
I just finished binging through this series. I definitely enjoyed it. I never have seen the movie nor read the comics. Is it me or does this seem to borrow just a bit from Vonnegut's "Sirens Of Titan"?

Maybe I'll give it a try then. I've never read the comics, and I liked the movie up until the last 20 minutes - a huge "WTF" that made me dismiss the entire movie.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

renfield

Worth noting that the film controversially wrought massive changes to the ending of the story