Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The ‘rona haircut thread  (Read 1823 times)

mortlock

• FOCUS: 112
    • HADES MINING CO
Re: The ‘rona haircut thread
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2020, 09:32:06 AM »

Got it. Now you can see the lovely sara.

Lumpy

• FOCUS: -1126
  • Planet Mongo
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2020, 07:54:06 PM »

Flaming Hot Death to anybody who brings a chick to watch band practice. Or a dude. Don’t bring anybody to band practice, duh.
not true lumpy my man. This is exactly how Tomsk-7 got Sara in the band. She was the drummers gf and would show up with him and hang out and drink while we played. One night we asked her if she wanted to fuck around and grab the mic and improv some vox. By the end of the jam session she was in the band. The rest is history as they say.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=6zZawdz8y0o

Rad!

How did you get on a split with Boris?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

black

• FOCUS: 5477
  • StonerRock Is For Lovers
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2020, 07:56:42 PM »

What the fuck is your deal Mortlock?

Look man, you never even had to pick up a fucking bass for me to love you as much as I already do.  Dave’s cooking show remains a go to for me and covers many psychological and mental health needs that occasionally pop up. Especially when I’m in crisis.

Because of your generosity I have a pretty comprehensive catalog of your work with HMC & shit ton of some of the most wonderful, way-to annoy-the-squares-and-straights Noise bands or whatever the proper term is.

And you’re just now posting Tomsk-7’s complete body of work?
Fuck me running.
In the enormous pantheon of various genres of underground musicians and bands that never got the attention they deserve, upon first listen I’m hearing the kind of blend of punk rock, hard-core, growly,amped up, speed/death/black/doom/i’ll leave it to others to fight over and hyper-micro-define-genre, metal That totally floats my boat.
Tomsk-7 is ridiculously, stupid rad! And another reason for me to totally loath the existence & popularity of many of the popular, main stream metal bands as well as rekindling  my thoughts for a slow, agonizing demise to fucking Metallica (fill in name of lame metal band of your choosing)

Goddamnit! Good thing somebody didn’t get shitty about Sarah hanging out. The woman definitely brings the goods.

I am absolutely sincere in saying I really fucking dig Tomsk-7 & would just like to say fuck you Mortlock for making me love you more than I thought I already did.

Awesome.

Oh yeah, this thread is a good one. I thought about starting similar threads but have especially resisted posting something to RAGER, and expressing my incredulous dismay over your corporate dad haircut when you had long ago posted pictures of the kind of hair I’ll envy my whole life. I covet those who possessed long, curly hair so much that I bought a crimping iron in the alternative 80s as I was growing out my punk rock hair in order to emulate George Hurley’s “unit” and pretend I had awesome curly hair.

Maybe it’s damage over being an old guy who as A little kid wanted to be a hippie & had a father who used homemade haircuts As a form of punishment. They always looked horrible as he really didn’t know what he was doing & was trying to re-create his own cold war, nuclear engineer, 1960s nerd-ass haircut.
Certainly one of the of the most cock blocking haircuts styles a teen in the 70s could endure. Although I did endure ,it still took extra wrangling & social skills to get a tongue kiss or tit action looking like Robert Teller or some shit.

Or perhaps growing up in the southwestern United States surrounded by Native American males with the dark hair down to their ass & those dashing, handsome Hispanics that could grow a mustache at age 9 with equally luxurious, thick long hair. Looks so cool and goddamn dangerous.
 Whatever the reason I’ve always dug long hair on chicks as well as dudes. All my early, classic rock heros had long hair and when I would pickup a copy of Creem magazine or Rolling Stone and see that one of them had cut their hair, I lost a little bit of respect for them and became a little more sad.
Even years later it was so painful to be as high and fucked up as I was at a couple of those Maryland Death Fests that had 175,000 bands playing, and to see how many of them were so fucking well groomed with their conservative haircuts, nice clean, crisp T-shirts and fresh cargo shorts on. It didn’t fit my image of the most wonderful awesome music they were producing. I was known to go as far as give big Ben & Martyn of Orange Goblin my unsolicited opinion when both of those guys had trimmed what I considered their fucking killer locks. (I kept my trap shut around Joe as he was rather quiet, standoffish & sort of looked scary and had guitar chops that I could only dream of).

I’ve eased up on such a militant stance and opinion, but I still can’t help to think that to really Rock, you should look like a long-haired dirt bag or greasy biker.
Besides our beautiful little JakeOOO))), RacerX, My number one man crush/bromance victim, the sinfully handsome Juan 11 *(swoon*) & a few others of you who have grown it out and then cut it/moderated it, Receive a free pass on my ridiculous judgments here due to your going so far out of your way in your personal life to reach out to me, support me and continue to at least be sexy despite bad haircuts. That’s most all of you I guess.

And if anybody wants to point out how during the punk rock years I sported a mohawk, short, bleached hair &the previously mentioned surfer swooper bangs that I’ve attacked daily with a crimping iron, keep in mind that for the first couple years when I was in a popular and touring punk rock band, I purposely kept my long hippie hair. I felt there was nothing more punk at that point in time or confusing to and pissing off punks while performing the soundtrack to their destruction of whatever venue we were in than my long hair. And that’s even after Tony Alva & J Adams and those guys cut all their cool hair off.

And gainful employment should be no excuse. Most of my life, one of the most unfashionable things you could do is shave your head. You’d be accused of being a mental patient or some sort of Nazi. Now it is perhaps one of the most popular, non-hairstyle hairstyles there is.

Or you could do what Carlos did at the Big Boy restaurant I was a bus boy at in 9th grade. Carlos was the head cook. A Hispanic Cat that I would get high with me in the walk-in while he practiced his flute in his effort to become Ian Anderson, did. Which was to take his luxurious, long, black Hispanic hair and tuck it up under a short haired wig. You sort of had to get a haircut in those days in food service because hairnets were for chicks only. His short haired wig solution was not only brilliant, but management never fucking found out!

I will now sit back and wait for a barrage of insults and comments upon my appearance. Keep in mind that I hate my looks. I know that I look more like that cat with the cardboard sign on the offramp you saw on your way to work and I  seldom look into the mirror. In fact the only mirror I own, I purchased at a carnival auction. It’s a Fun House mirror that make me appear buff, beautiful and with long, lush, early Robert Plant-like, curly hair, or depending on the angle, red album era Mark Farner or Jim Dandy Magrum, thick, luxurious straight hair down to the ass.

Around here though, in all seriousness you guys—whether I’ve met you in person or not— are (having often to do more through design than choice— Are cats that I consider of high quality, possessing near  unreproachable integrity and some of the best friends that I could never have imagined. I could totally fag-out & go into an effusive rant on what you guys individually and collectively truly have done for my existence on this stinking mudball of a planet. And it’s all ridiculously positive.
With that as my disclaimer, I’ll admit to you guys, and only you guys this:

My appearance is no longer a social or a political statement. I am old, lazy, too forgetful to remember to get a haircut and I’m plagued with goofy ass cowlicks that require above mentioned goofball hair products to stay in place. The mid links, cowlick look was a look that was only personally OK because as I was transitioning from punk rock to whatever the fuck I am now & the unkempt  Grunge look was huge & I had to make no effort at all to look that way. I just can’t do hair products I guess due to my Northern European genetics that activate when the temperature rises above 55°F, I begin to sweat. Rocking, slamming or performing under stage lights causes me to drip buckets and therefore all the hair product goes into my eyes and my shirt, Not necessarily a cock blocker, (hooray for highly inebriated women) but it stings my eyes and I might get a knuckle sandwich for mistaking some long-haired Rock guy for a mediocre looking babe.

In fact the only good I could see coming out of this Toyota Corolla virus thing, other than hopefully culling some of the herd that deserved calling, is so many great people will see that they look so much better with long hair than whatever current, Jarhead/marine/frat douche/George Clooney-Cesar-type hairdos whatever short hairstyle s are the current rage. Grow your fucking hair out you guys!

However;
Rocking a skullet, non-ironic mullet or long JeriCurl is no bueno & cannot be in anyway defined as proper, long hair.

Beside you miscreants, I make exceptions to the long hair thing for  elderly gentleman who sport WWll-like mini-pompadours that are held in place with Vitalas or Brylcream. Not mousse or any of that other sissy hair product/lifestyle accoutrement shit. The other exception is  chemo patients. Face it, just going through chemotherapy alone is more punk rock than Dave/MDC’s foreskin or the fact that Jell-O Biafra hasn’t been pummeled to death yet. That’s pretty punk rock.

/dumbassopinions!
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

RAGER

• FOCUS: -3567
  • I can’t believe it’s not better.
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2020, 01:09:10 AM »

‘n that
What’s for lunch?

Muffin Man

• FOCUS: 241
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2020, 01:48:59 AM »

Visually and physically bass guitar pickups are waaay bigger than regular ones but not as big as acoustic soundhole pickups (well, the J's are probaby bigger, as well as the Music Mans - the biggest of all). There are also lipstick pickups which are the shinyest ones and look kinda george jetson-y.

Muffin Man

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2020, 01:58:15 AM »

That was a boss move, nice haricut.

The Candy Lady

• FOCUS: 12
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2020, 03:10:18 AM »

<<Only registered users can see images, please register or login>>

Muffin Man

« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2020, 03:27:40 AM »

juan11

• FOCUS: 1741
  • Total time logged in: 1 hours and 11 minutes.
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2020, 03:45:28 AM »

I agree with black
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

mortlock

• HADES MINING CO
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2020, 09:51:30 AM »

I kind of have a skullet. Not my fault im getting thin on top. Not cutting my hair.

mortlock

• HADES MINING CO
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2020, 09:59:25 AM »

Flaming Hot Death to anybody who brings a chick to watch band practice. Or a dude. Don’t bring anybody to band practice, duh.
not true lumpy my man. This is exactly how Tomsk-7 got Sara in the band. She was the drummers gf and would show up with him and hang out and drink while we played. One night we asked her if she wanted to fuck around and grab the mic and improv some vox. By the end of the jam session she was in the band. The rest is history as they say.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=6zZawdz8y0o

Rad!

How did you get on a split with Boris?
the boris split was set up by the dude who ran bovine records. He was putting out a bunch of 7" eps that had a slow sludge band on one side and a fast band on the other. He did the grief/suppression, noothgrush/deadbodieseverywhere and the T7/boris splits. I think he was going to do more but the label closed shop. There was supposed to be a T7/agathocles split that never came out. I have unreleased studio T7 material for that. Also some killer live T7 sets that were never released and some audio from the interview we did for bean and rice zine. Ive always wanted that out but never found a label to release it.

mortlock

• HADES MINING CO
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2020, 10:03:10 AM »

Black youre too kind. Thanks for the support. Sarah was so fucking wild. Totally rabid on stage. Not very many bands had anything close to her back in that scene in the 90s. Im grateful it all happened. Im still friends with her to this day.
Ive always wanted a reunion but im in ny. Her and the guitar/other vox are in az and the drummer is in LA.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 10:04:53 AM by mortlock »

mortlock

• HADES MINING CO
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2020, 10:12:08 AM »

Lumpy funny thing about the T7/boris split. I had a bunch of them from the label and for the longest time i couldnt give those fucking things away. I did finally sell them but it took forever. Now ive seen copies go for stupid money. I should have hung on to a few.

black

« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2020, 01:45:04 PM »

Hey Mortlock. Just the way y’all’s music hit me on first listen. Truth is listened some more & my opinion remains. And part of my digging it was about what you mentioned about women vox during that era.

Regional music is such a cool thing. I like living in the future, now (except for those stupid George Jetson haircuts). It’s so much easier to discover & delve into regional music outside of one’s region thanks to Al Gore’s World Wide Web Super Information Highway.

The Candy Lady is biologically/physiologically a female woman, but she’s no lady.

And you can bet your last dark chocolate, green chile, pinõn truffle on that.

The Candy Lady

• FOCUS: 12
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2020, 07:25:45 PM »

jimjom

• FOCUS: 42
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2020, 11:19:35 PM »

I grew my hair long on top after doing that thing where you push the front up and smash the top down from 2004-2019. I enjoy using a comb. I never did before well at least not since 200????????

Sorry I don’t have real long hair and my beard is short. I know having short hair gets less cred at festivals and makes me look like a narc/government consultant for Halliburton providing private security for a sultanate. You see me crest those ridges out there in 29 palms and put your dr*gs in your a** but I’m harmless.

But I had to get the sides and back done. I’m single. I have to set myself apart because all these other dudes be like I havent had a haircut in so long and the ladies might be like oh wow look at that otherwise forgettable schmoe who looks like Larry Fine but way sadder he has the forethought to get a haircut. You know what? I LIKE vanity. :woman thinks of pickup line: “So is  ....Larry Fine your great granddad?”

I think I’m sundowning.
I'm Red Jr.  Who are you?

Muffin Man

« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2020, 06:40:42 AM »

I don’t think that matters anymore.

Hello. Ding-Dong

Muffin Man

« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2020, 06:45:55 AM »

Thanks

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 06:50:30 AM by Muffin Man »

Muffin Man

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 01:02:21 PM by Muffin Man »

black

« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2020, 02:40:47 PM »

Goddamnit.

RacerX

• FOCUS: -2077
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2020, 02:42:24 PM »

Goddamnit.

Is that Wizard a Pussy, or is that Pussy a Wizard?
Livin' The Life.

socket

• Administrator
  • FOCUS: 136
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2020, 03:49:06 PM »

I think that wizard eats pussy
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

juan11

• FOCUS: 1741
  • Total time logged in: 1 hours and 11 minutes.
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2020, 04:01:56 PM »

Jom isn’t a real government drug narc, but he plays one in life.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

RAGER

• FOCUS: -3567
  • I can’t believe it’s not better.
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2020, 09:04:36 PM »

Some of those East coast guys prolly did the “Caesar” haircut with a big clunky gold chain.
What’s for lunch?

whoshotthefrog

• FOCUS: 1218
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2020, 06:54:35 AM »

I wish there was barber in my area that would make house calls. I need my beard trimmed and since no shops are open it’s a complete mess right now.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]