Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Breaking Bad vs Better Call Saul  (Read 472 times)

sleestak

• Administrator
  • FOCUS: 492
  • $$$$$$$$
    • Stoner Rock Lives
Re: Breaking Bad vs Better Call Saul
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2020, 03:38:06 PM »

Flynn
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

juan11

• FOCUS: 1740
  • Total time logged in: 1 hours and 11 minutes.
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2020, 03:40:14 PM »

that son of a bitch
You may take two.

MadJohnShaft

• FOCUS: -958
  • StonerRockLives 2.0 “VIP Quantum Edition”™
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2020, 03:40:31 PM »

The actor that plays Nacho is amazing, he's in a lot of stuff.

If you've read any of the interviews with creator Vince Gill he has some interesting things to say about how they are dealing with writing a prequel.

When are we getting to Cinnabon?
If you dance, you got a chance

RAGER

• FOCUS: -3567
  • I can’t believe it’s not better.
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2020, 03:44:32 PM »

Umm umm I  do a pretty good impression of Flynn.

Must be good cuz the wife laughs and says I’m mean.
What’s for lunch?

whoshotthefrog

• FOCUS: 1218
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2020, 04:06:57 PM »

Sophie's Choice
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

TubeVision

• FOCUS: 13
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2020, 05:27:11 PM »

I've been enjoying the Insider Podcasts they've been doing for years for both BB and BCS.  My appreciation for what goes into making a TV show has really grown.  A lot of times after hearing about what it took to film a scene I have to go back and watch it again to really enjoy it. Like the opening teaser with the ants on the ice cream cone. 

As much as I've enjoyed BCS - probably would have to vote for BB.

astroman

• FOCUS: -729
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2020, 07:15:36 PM »

If you've read any of the interviews with creator Vince Gill he has some interesting things to say about how they are dealing with writing a prequel.

I still believe in you, MJS, but that's not the guy's name.

RAGER

• FOCUS: -3567
  • I can’t believe it’s not better.
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2020, 07:33:17 PM »

Is his country music career over?
What’s for lunch?

Adam

• FOCUS: 102
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2020, 08:39:30 PM »

I didn't realize how much I enjoyed Better Call Saul until midway through the series when I suddenly realized I was hooked on the show, and had been for some time.

I think I am on board with Astroman in that while I like Better Call Saul most, when it comes to repeat viewing Breaking Bad would probably be my pick. Once Better Call Saul comes to completion I will definitely re-watch the series, but that will probably be it. Maybe years down the road I would revisit it, but I doubt it. Breaking Bad I have already re-watched and could probably go another round with.

I think the Mike storyline has been my favorite of Better Call Saul, but I think the mystery of Kim is captivating.

stooge

• FOCUS: 53
  • i only like the first album!
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2020, 12:24:55 PM »

I think the Mike storyline has been my favorite of Better Call Saul, but I think the mystery of Kim is captivating.
i like Kim a lot and  sooo look forward to the final season
she seems to be even weirder and more unpredictable than jimmy
BCS 5 was the shit - it wipes the floor with BB
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

MadJohnShaft

• FOCUS: -958
  • StonerRockLives 2.0 “VIP Quantum Edition”™
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2020, 01:16:35 PM »

I still don't get why we need go rank every fucking thing.  It's a millennial thing.

If you dance, you got a chance

renfield

• FOCUS: 126
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2020, 01:36:10 PM »

No it's a gen x thing, haven't you seen High Fidelity?

stooge

• FOCUS: 53
  • i only like the first album!
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2020, 02:43:13 PM »

its not ranking
its one vs. another
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

neighbor664

• FOCUS: -75
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2020, 02:51:18 PM »

its not ranking
its one vs. another

Like #1(one) vs #2(another)? oh i see how that's totaly different. ::)

renfield

• FOCUS: 126
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2020, 02:54:30 PM »

What are your top 2 shows featuring the character Saul?

Lumpy

• FOCUS: -1126
  • Planet Mongo
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2020, 03:51:51 PM »

Is Breaking Bad good? I usually lose interest in series pretty fast. I look at all the series on Netflix - seven seasons! - and I wonder if I really want to devote 40 hours to any show.

I watched the first 5 minutes of BB and he pulls up in a camper and dumps a dead body and I thought Gee, they start early with the pandering to my prurient interests. I got a ham-fisted vibe and turned it off. Keep going?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

black

• FOCUS: 5477
  • StonerRock Is For Lovers
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2020, 05:40:38 PM »

Just to be clear, nobody calls a culvert an arroyo.

Just to be clear, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
Two entirely different things bub.

cul·vert
/?k?lv?rt/
noun

a tunnel carrying a stream or open drain under a road or railroad.
A culvert is a structure that allows water to flow under a road, railroad, trail, or similar obstruction from one side to the other. Typically embedded so as to be surrounded by soil, a culvert may be made from a pipe, reinforced concrete or other material. In the United Kingdom, the word can also be used for a longer artificially buried watercourse.[1]

Culverts are commonly used both as cross-drains to relieve drainage of ditches at the roadside, and to pass water under a road at natural drainage and stream crossings. A culvert may be a bridge-like structure designed to allow vehicle or pedestrian traffic to cross over the waterway while allowing adequate passage for the water....blah,blah,blah...

ar·roy·o
/??roi?(y)?/
noun
a steep-sided gully formed by the action of fast-flowing water in an arid or semi-arid region, found chiefly in the southwestern US.
An arroyo, also called a wash, is a dry creek, stream bed or gulch that temporarily or seasonally fills and flows after sufficient rain. Flash floods are common in arroyos following thunderstorms. In Spain and Latin America any small river is called an arroyo, flowing continually all year and never drying.

Whatever.

If you really were hip, you'd not concern yourself with specific language definitions on this subject.
You would only concern yourself with when the next time you'll be visiting Albuquerque, "God's Land of Ditches" and if your gonna bring spare gear, or score it here.

I mean, what the fuck?
Do you even skate?

Fool.

Known world wide, skated by Ams and Pros alike from around the goddamn planet;

Dominated by locals.

Albuquerque Arroyos/Ditches.

https://skateslate.com/blog/2017/04/14/skateboarding-in-the-ditches-of-albuquerque/

Some have been skating them since 1976, when the city's flood control dept. began cementing in all the shit-ton of arroyos that naturally occur to deal with the monsoon runoff from the Sandia Mountains.

A member of the seminal SkatePunk band, Jerry's Kidz worked for the survey company that was in charge of that project. Giving us skaters a head-up to when and where the next skate nirvana was to happen
Impressions in the wet cement from my first generation Kryptonics, Sims Bowlriders, Road Riders and even my (circa 1976) Cadillac wheels remain in almost every one of these early cemented-in ditches.

Organized, outlaw skate contests happen 2-3 times a year in them. Pros--past, present and future--make the sojourn from around the world to enter these. Though all are welcome & the cats that organize these have created different categories of skill if you want to enter any of the competitions. The events have garnered major sponsorships and there is always sweet shwag being doled out for prizes.
If you make the preliminary cut, you can even enter cash prize event, pro or not. That category is limited to usually 15 or so contestants and pays big fucking cash.
These events are held at the World Famous, Two Mile Long, Unbelievably Smooth Transitioned, Indian School Ditch and the Legendary, North Shore/Big Wave Ditch of Skateboarding, the Bear. 45 foot high walls & fucking gnarly transitions.

Skating is illegal here & the fuzz has shut down a few of these contests. But we locals are hip to that & the organizers prepare back-up ditches to carry on. WE also provide shuttle service from the bottom of these arroyos from the bottom, back to the top. That way you'll still be fresh for your next run and won't die hiking a mile or so to the top.
Albuquerque is over a mile high i elevation.

*pro tip: if you came here to also party, cut your "normal" consumption by at least half when starting out. It's too easy to go for your usual amount . Nobody wants to end up pulling what has affectionately become known as an MJS.

When Alva came to town for a demo in 1976, the miniscule group of locals took our hero to the Bear Arroyo. He was world champ and blew our minds hauling ass down the local Soapbox Derby track, where we had a slalom course set-up.
When we took him to the Bear, he pushed off the 45 foot wall, barely kept it up on the first transition and slammed his shit major when he hit the first wall. Standing up and throwing his board, he declared the ditch, "Unskateable".
Then our (in his mind) little crew of groms, showed him otherwise.

Since then in 1976, T.A. visits 'Burque numerous times a year, every year (as do Hacket, Olson and other Pros. Even Tony Hawk shows up in town now and then). Many of us OGs as well as younger cats consider T.A. a bro and a friend. He turned us onto the idea of building 1/4 & 1/2 pipes way back in the late 1970's. His famous dick-like behavior and attitude is rarely, if at all, happens when he comes to Albuquerque (but he still will talk shit about other pros and such!) And many a local can tell their stories of barging pools and hitting 45-50mph on our numerous long, steep roads with old Maddog or smoking crack for their first time with this legend.

8-mm footage of our first (un)-organized event at the Bear.

Scope your boy, Black at :36. Sporting the Chucks, rocking Levi Superbells on his 27 in. long/six in.wide homemade deck. Launching from the highest point of the ditch, throwing down a sweet, frontside Bert & finishing with a kook-liked attempt of a 360 (they were cool in 1976)

Here's a vid some locals made a few years ago.
Footage of the Bear at 4:36

Hey! Isn't that Tony Alva skating Indian School on one of his limited issued, custom designed specifically for Indian School ditch board?

The one with the New Mexico style licence plate graphics? Like the ones he gifted Ryan "EP" and that loud-mouth geezer, Gordy? The ultra rare yellows ones?

<<Only registered users can see images, please register or login>>

Not the turquoise,

or the cool, Navajo rug design one?

How fucking perfect is Indian School ditch?
Do skaters from all over really hit Albuquerque for Ditch Slap (or to just rage the scores of other ditches as well)?

One of my only personal "traditions" is to skate on my birthday (with the exception of the year I had my diseased kidney doinked, laid up with 64 staples from sternum to pubic bone,. so I'm a pussy, I just couldn't hack). Some years it's the only time I've hit the ditches or parks or ramps or Palmer's Pool. What a dork, huh?

I could carry on longer, but I don't get many breaks these days (Tier1/Essential employee at UNM's Health Sciences/Medical School/Research Facility & the states #1 Trauma Center/Teaching Hospital) & have to get back to the job. In the 41 years I've been employed at this fine, fucking dump, this goddamned Toyota Corolla virus shit has me fried to a crisp at the end of each long day. I've seen some shit in my day, but nothing like this.
It's the main reason I haven't posted much lately & one of the three reasons I fucking break down & cry like a little bitch every goddamned, fucking night (and sometimes in the daylight too).

Listen astroperson, I consider myself a chill individual. I can get worked up & carry on like a raving lunatic on just about any fucking subject anyone could mention. But I truly believe in kindness, peace, compromise & acceptance.
Visit Albuquerque & I'll show you amazing sites like the hollowed out mountain on the base where almost all our nuke weapons are stored. The shitty barrio storefront where Paul "EMP" Allen & Bill "Party Boy" Gates ruined humanity by inventing the personal pc/Microsoft.

Native American pueblos, Billy the Kid's grave. Alamogordo, where the first nuke weapon was detonated. Los Alamos, where said nuke was seveloped and produced by the Manhattan Project. Jim Morrison's house. Breaking Saul & othr film locations. Nature that you have no idea exists here. Hell, I'll even take you to the bridge that goes over the Hahn Arroyo where as a young teen I received my very first blow-job (yes, from a chick you fucking jerks. my first one from a dude happened indoors, you damn, snoopy pervs).

Don't bother responding, or if you must, know that you can call me anything negative/vile/horrible thing you want. I could give a godamned rats ass. (besides, chances are you might be right. i try to own my shit).

But if I see you in person being cruel to animals or weaker persons, talking shit about my Mama, green chile, or talking out your butt on the subjects of skateboarding, and in some cases, early Punk Rock, I will take you down faster that I do an woman grabbing, personal space invading assclown at an Ufomammut gig.

Count on it.

Otherwise know I probably love you & want your life to be nothing short of days filled with unicorns, rainbows, cotton candy, bunny rabbits and uninhibited pleasure from the partner(s) of your dreams.

Even if it's me.
I'm open minded and let's face it, friction is friction.

Now how about you pick-up your phone and call (not text) someone you care about. Tell them something positive about themselves, how their presence in your life makes your life fuller & that you love them.

Like now.
Stop reading this stupid bullshit and do it.
Right. Fucking Now, damnit.

-------><<Only registered users can see images, please register or login>>
<------
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 05:42:50 PM by black »
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Lumpy

• FOCUS: -1126
  • Planet Mongo
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2020, 06:09:43 PM »

What's going on at work? Surely you can't be working around patients, if you've had cancer and whatnot? Are you working in support of medical staff?

My friend is a nurse and she is stressed out of her mind. Working like 60 hour weeks (and they try to get more hours from her). No end in sight. Working with sick people all day, every day.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

astroman

• FOCUS: -729
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2020, 06:37:30 PM »

Lumpy, you should most definitely watch Breaking Bad at some point. The real question is if you should wait until BCS is finished so you can watch it all from the beginning, chronologically.

Black, my whole point was that they are two different things and I didn't want any confusion, especially for non-southwesterners. Guess I failed there. But I did know what the fuck I was talking about.

I visit ABQ-area a few times a year (my bro and his family recently moved out there), was at Mesa Fest last year. But I've always been a spazz. I'm only familiar with Tony Alva because Tia Carrera's drummer, who I've seen play hundreds of times, is always wearing his "Alva" shirt (at least since he stopped always wearing his I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness shirt). Sweet stories and vids. I appreciate riding the wave. I do it in my own ways. Ways that don't require coordination. Kindness prevails <3

L. Ron

• FOCUS: 1746
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2020, 08:41:19 PM »

Ripping style in that clip black!
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do and doing it with the people that you love.

Pissy

• FOCUS: 352
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2020, 01:58:02 AM »

I’m afraid I’m the one that called it a culvert.  I called my mom. I told her I loved her for her.  Don’t hurt me with rainbows.
If you don't like the flute, then you don't like Tull.

RacerX

• FOCUS: -2072
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2020, 10:08:57 AM »

Not a valid youtube URL
Livin' The Life.
Pages: 1 [2]