AC/DC- If You Want Blood You've Got It (1978)

Started by Isabellacat, April 10, 2011, 10:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

this one owns all asses front to back. Angus totally shreds on this one. imo the most Metal of all their output.

Isabellacat

bump

where's the love?  :P guess y'all are too busy listening to Nicklecrack.

GodShifter

Or maybe we have nothing pertinent to say about the album. But implying we have terrible taste in music is, like, exactly why we frequent a site like this.

The Shocker

AC/DC is one of those bands where I like their studio albums better than their live stuff, because they almost ALWAYS play the same songs live.  I like a lot of their album cuts better due to the burnout factor.  Still a 4 star album in my book. 

Isabellacat

WHat's better.....this album or Ozzy's 'Speak of the Devil'?????

I've been listening to this on vinyl alot and it has the same energy and vibe as Ozzy's album but this one feels a bit more raw without the overdubs.

Best version of 'Riff Raff' is on this album,the studio version does'nt sound as cool.

CanookieWookie

As much as I like ACDC, I do find there live releases boring.

I guess I am more of a person who enjoys a band that would/does jam out abit more.

No doubt ACDC have crazy energy live, just sounds like a replica of the studio versions to me.

grimniggzy

Quote from: deaner33 on April 13, 2011, 06:38:51 PM
AC/DC is one of those bands where I like their studio albums better than their live stuff, because they almost ALWAYS play the same songs live.  I like a lot of their album cuts better due to the burnout factor.  Still a 4 star album in my book. 

I agree with all of this BUT this is by far their best live album and I find a few of the songs on here to be better than the originals.
Definitely deserves a place in any serious record collection.

Woody

Killer live tape that every heavy rock fan needs to own. The official DVD of Let There Be Rock has just been released. The live footage is awesome. The interviews and non-performance footage is even duller than I remembered.

EddieMullet

Any Bon Scott era AC/DC works for me, I need to get that Let There Be Rock DVD sometime soon.

My 3 year old son listens to TNT over and over again and sings it when he's playing with his trucks.

stooge

Quote from: grimniggzy on June 17, 2011, 12:51:04 PM
Quote from: deaner33 on April 13, 2011, 06:38:51 PM

I agree with all of this BUT this is by far their best live album and I find a few of the songs on here to be better than the originals.
Definitely deserves a place in any serious record collection.
No way!
the live in paris cd from the bonfire box kills this by a landslide
as does the live from atlantic studios from the same box
i never really liked this album
too much noodling
and some songs are way too long
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

The Bandit

grimniggzy

forgot about the live @ atlantic, I know that one rules as well. I had the Bonfire boxset dl'd at one time, guess I need to brush up.