Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Emissions from the Monolith 7 - 15th Anniversary TubeVision Broadcast  (Read 1532 times)

Adam

• FOCUS: 103

That Rwake set....

Fuck.

neighbor664

• FOCUS: -74

That Torche set was bad ass.   I’m standing right behind you reinfeldt.
It’s a trip. I was never there, but in a disconnected way I kind of get to stand and watch along with you then.

Maybe there needs to be a Zoom patio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juan11

• FOCUS: 1741
  • Total time logged in: 1 hours and 11 minutes.

It is a trip!

It’s, like... exactly how I pictured it even...
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

RacerX

• FOCUS: -2076

Re-emissions from the Monolith.
Livin' The Life.

James1214

• FOCUS: 53

Forgot about seeing witchcraft, up until seeing the video and it all came flooding back as a crazy trippy experience... Yes renfield, mushrooms were absolutely had.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 10:19:00 PM by James1214 »

khoomeizhi

• FOCUS: 302
  • chaos wizard youth

maaaan, i miss keko's drumming.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

sleestak

• Administrator
  • FOCUS: 492
  • $$$$$$$$
    • Stoner Rock Lives

That’s the first thing I thought watching the Weedeater set.  Fucking dude left nothing on the table.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

renfield

• FOCUS: 128

Yeah this has all been more emotional than I expected

L. Ron

• FOCUS: 1746

Speaking of Weedeater shout out to the Weedeater couch
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do and doing it with the people that you love.

TubeVision

• FOCUS: 13
    • TubeVision on YouTube

Day 4 - May 29, 2005 is now being broadcast.

For the Eyehategod fanatics in the house - their set is not complete.  After four days and 30+ bands, once this set hit the 60 minute mark and the tape ran out I was done.  So I went out to the patio for a smoke and a drink. 

I hope folks have enjoyed reliving this weekend.  I've rewatched a lot of these sets this weekend myself - so much great music and like others have expressed in this thread, it really makes me miss the good times we shared at Nyabinghi.  Thanks to everyone (especially Greg Barratt) who had a part in making this festival such an important event for so many of us.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:39:51 PM by TubeVision »

dong ytown

• FOCUS: -3270

Thanks to everyone that bought me beers that weekend, I didn't have a job that year, I still got lit the entire weekend.

And these days it's good business to get everyone else to buy your beers. Especially locals at west side bowl, gives me a reason to talk to the old nyabinghi crowd. They're all awesome people.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 10:43:13 AM by dong ytown »
Mayor of Y-town.

sleestak

• Administrator
  • FOCUS: 492
  • $$$$$$$$
    • Stoner Rock Lives

Even rebreather?
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

jimjom

• FOCUS: 42

I told the Normcorps that especially with Torche, this is one of my best sets I’ve witnessed of my life I have often cited how Torche just came up there and fucking played and killed it with borrowed equipment. The bomb string. Jesus. That was the first time I’d seen or heard Torche. So Torche became one of my favorite bands to see and hear. Seeing this set - with me being in the house with Sleestak and a room full of many of you, to watch myself watching myself fall in love with a band holy shit. Thank you Supernerd for what you did to preserve these moments.
I'm Red Jr.  Who are you?

dong ytown

• FOCUS: -3270

I was only referring to rebreather actually, Jeremy and Barley, and a couple old friends I had a falling out with but can't remember.

All I know is my songs still kill, and people talking smack on a board probably don't play. I wrote a couple today, most days I do.

See if I have time to skim through them videos next week or something, and how many guitarists coast to coast came at me. Because I don't remember right now, didn't skim through it.
Mayor of Y-town.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]