Tips! The thread.

Started by Pissy, March 23, 2021, 07:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

Quote from: Pissy on May 16, 2021, 06:28:29 PM
I've put garlic in oil on the smoker and they come out heavenly.  Oddly it doesn't take as long to roast as I thought it would.  I do a similar thing with honey and habanero, but for the honey not the pepper.

oooh, I'll try that. Good tip!

mortlock

You dont serve someone a piece of cake and call it eggs.

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

pulled some fermenting garlic for friends and neighbors. @56 days. The house is filled with a massive garlic aroma. Smells like saurkrat garlic but pure garlic. scary. I haven't tried it yet, will have to tread lightly. Oh, the broth is amazing, garlic juice, reallly mild. No sting on the toungue and what a tonic! I need gallons of it. My eyes are still watering a bit after looking into the crock, preparing bottles. Tje house filled is maintaiing the garlic eye bath. Loving it. I need more crocks.

mortlock

cheese goes on a burger not in a burger.

Muffin Man

I thought so too. They had a brie-stuffed burger up here last week, all good components but I couldn't wrap my head around it

mortlock

you cant sacrifice the foundations for some new fangled bullshit. it never works in the long run.

RAGER

No wait a dang second. Uh. The Juicy Lucy?  Come on.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

any tips for keeping bread from getting moldy?

Lumpy

Store it in the freezer. I only eat toast, so no big deal to throw frozen slices in the toaster. You can just defrost it in the toaster too.

The bread I buy is really moist and the slices stick together, so I pull them apart before freezing, otherwise it's really hard to pry them apart when they're frozen.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

i lost two dipallo round rolls. im fuckin pissed.

RAGER

Fridge if you eat often. 3 weeks
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

When i googled bread in fridge it says its bad. Ive done it but google does not condone the practice.

Muffin Man

renfield

When you touch something in the kitchen, touch it tentatively at first instead of gripping it fiercely and immediately picking it up, in case it's super hot.

You can run into a situation where you've made yourself responsible for an item's weight, only to realize it is searing your flesh, upon which point your body will reject the aforementioned responsibility regardless of your other intentions.

RAGER

That's an ouchie bro.

I keep 3 or 3 folded up wash cloths hand for handle grabbing. Then they get rotated to stove wiping then washed. Rinse repeat. All I use is cast iron m, carbon steel or stainless. Been burnt too many times.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

The trick to smoking liquids is to freeze them first, then throw on the smoker frozen. The layers melt off while smoke adheres to each new layer.  If it was in a bowl or something only the surface would get smoke. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

What kind of liquids?  Are you making liquid smoke?  I've never smoked a liquid but I've had several smoked cocktails and it don't take much under a glass dome to make the damn thing too smoked.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

I make smoked ice cubes for bloody Mary's.  Toyed with smoked chicken stock, but haven't done it yet.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Do chicken stock. Makes a good bloody.

Tip. Don't pay attention to cheese amounts in recipes. Or garlic.

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

If you're making a Caesar salad, coddle your eggs on the stove slowly while making soup for your wife's lunches.

Here's a perfect Caesar salad.

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Someone told me once that a proper Caesar had to be made in a wooden bowl. 
Vinyls.   deal.

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

RAGER

I know some restaurants do that table side. I prefer to mix in a chilled bowl and serve in chilled bowls.
No Focus Pocus