This mayo may not make you sick

Started by RAGER, September 02, 2021, 12:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

To refrigerate store bought mayonnaise or not. Do you?  I'm suspecting we all do. I recently read a kind of dumb article on Food and Wine mag/website that was titled something like "14 shocking things chefs don't refrigerate " or some shit. The usual suspects were there; ketchup, butter, tomatoes, cheese etc...and to my surprise, mayonnaise.

Turns out there's been studies a few years back that say store bought, because of the acidity, doesn't need to be but color and general appearance may suffer and of course refrigeration will extend its life.

This is news to me. I don't think I'll take my chances even though I eat raw oysters and disregard many food safety things. Mayo stays in fridge.
No Focus Pocus

socket

I like my mayo room temperature and yellowed a little. Kidding. that's weird. Goes in the fridge.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Pissy

Fridge after opening.

I was on a first date one time and a ketchup bottle that had been kept in the fridge, then put on the table warming back up to room temperature, exploded all over me.   That whole thing with marrying ketchup bottles drives me nuts.  Actually had an idea to make a bottom filling ketchup bottle so marrying could be done with the health department's blessing. 
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

Thats what you get for using ketchup past the age of 7.

RAGER

People always blame mayonnaise in mayonnaise based salads but it's usually the higher ph foods like the potatoes themselves or pasta, rice and meat.

How many times gave you been drunk at a party and been scarfing down some mayonnaise based dip and then drunkenly do the math in your head and think ah fuck that dip's Vern sitting there for 6 hours. And then not gotten sick.
No Focus Pocus