Main Menu

Boss ROD-10

Started by Baltar, April 27, 2011, 10:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltar

This was the first dist./O.D. box I ever owned.  4 band EQ, mast. vol, and the Boss Fuzz in it too.  Kinda a cool box about the size of a car stereo.  The one thing that sucked is that you couldn't switch between OD/Dist/Fuzz w/ yer foot.  Anyone else own one?  There's two of em on ebay for around $100 US.  It's from the 80's and I assume that it's the coveted Electric Wizard Boss Fuzz circuit.  Gave mine away 13 years ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Boss-ROD-10-Over-Drive-Distortion-FREE-SHIP-/390303783897?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item5adfeb1bd9

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boss-ROD-10-Overdrive-Distortion-/120714963488?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1c1b2c2a20

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

justinhedrick

that's pretty awesome. i'm sure you could rig up a way to switch between the fuzz/od. but i wonder how practical that would be?

Baltar

Yeah, it was a really decent first dirt box, but there's more than a few pedals that have footswitchable OD/Fuzz.  Black Cat is one of them.  Just wanted to throw this up on the board as a posible hidden gem.  I know a lot of guys on the old board we're really hot for that early Boss Fuzz circuit.  $100 is a good deal for 3 boss pedals and a decent EQ thrown in.

LogicalFrank

Quote from: Baltar on April 27, 2011, 10:17:30 PM
There's two of em on ebay for around $100 US.  It's from the 80's and I assume that it's the coveted Electric Wizard Boss Fuzz circuit.  

I dunno... The FZ-2 Hyperfuzz is from the mid-90s so I doubt it's the exact same but might be close. If I were a betting man, I'd bet it'd be closer to the Fuzz I setting on that thing rather than the Electric Wizard/Fuzz II setting.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Baltar

I think you're right, the manual from Boss says 1986.  There's just one fuzz setting on the ROD-10, so that must be it.