Show Off Your Rigs: Rebirth

Started by VOLVO))), December 04, 2010, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

dunwichamps

Quote from: justinhedrick on February 07, 2012, 12:40:26 PM
what does the mode knob do?

good question, its an infinitely variable control over operating mode of the EF86 which is a small signal pentode tube. One way on mode will operate it like a pentode with a bypassed screen while the other way operates it in a neat triode mode with the screen and plate capactively shorted. In the middle you get somewhere inbetween even a psuedo ultra linear point somewhere alone the line which results in minimum gain.

El Zombre

Quote from: dunwichamps on February 07, 2012, 10:52:52 AM
not exactly my rig but oh well

That's badass. I really like the mode switch. Never heard of someone doing pentode triode switch for a pre amp tube before, much less putting that on a dial.

Question: is that 2 chokes in the power supply, or do you have an inductor in tone stack?

dunwichamps

Quote from: El Zombre on February 07, 2012, 12:54:22 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on February 07, 2012, 10:52:52 AM
not exactly my rig but oh well

That's badass. I really like the mode switch. Never heard of someone doing pentode triode switch for a pre amp tube before, much less putting that on a dial.

Question: is that 2 chokes in the power supply, or do you have an inductor in tone stack?

Just 1 choke, the other is a radioshack PT for the regulated 12V and 9V supplies, relays and the LEDs.

The pentode control is really nice, in pentode mode the EF86 has a stronger attack, much more gain, harder clipping while in triode the gain decreases, the clipping is softer, smoothed out response

bitter

^

Yeah that's a sharp front panel layout. Very clean and stylish hi-fi offering.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

dunwichamps

partially designed with customer, he wanted the EQD font so we used that and I designed it in Illustrator had it etched by Precision Design. 

Jake

Somebody asked me in another thread how the purge is/was going. Well I'm happy to report I'm down to "A" and "B" rigs and a core of (10) guitars I won't part with.

poop.

Metal and Beer

My God, I hate your guts. (...and by hate, I mean love + jealousy)
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Jake

Sheee-it, Señor Beer. I've seen your stash and you ain't no slouch in the facemelting gear department.

Plus, you guys all have something that I do not – you can play.
poop.

bitter

Nice rigs man.

I wish they'd start producing those heads again. I just don't care for combo amps. They're like the 4-doors of the car world.

I'm still thinking about a Carvin vt50 head but I don't know if they are comparable to the peavy's other than in the looks dept?
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

I've got a bunch of nice mediocre shit to hide how terrible of a player I am, too, Jake, don't feel bad...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mutantcolors

Peavey classic head?

Interesante, me gusta.

clockwork green

Jake, that pickguard on your Jr. has got me thinking I should spruce mine up a bit. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Instant Dan

tombhex

hey all.
i used to post on the old sr.com forums occasionally, under the moniker "celestialsunn."

don't know how it took me so long to find this, but i'm glad i did. sometimes it gets a little grimm over there at the doom forever forums.

here's my most recent rig:

grimniggzy

Quote from: tombhex on April 05, 2012, 12:37:39 PM
hey all.
i used to post on the old sr.com forums occasionally, under the moniker "celestialsunn."

don't know how it took me so long to find this, but i'm glad i did. sometimes it gets a little grimm over there at the doom forever forums.

here's my most recent rig:

Welcome and salutes on the rig.

VOLVO)))

Welcome home, brother!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bloodofkings

'76 Ampeg SVT, Ampeg 810E, Ampeg BSE410HE. I use the 8x10 for bigger rooms the 4x10 for smaller rooms.

Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner, Earthbound Audio Beast, Sandford and Sonny Bluebeard, Black Arts Toneworks Black Forest Overdrive, EHX Small Stone, Analog Man Chorus, Morley PBA-2 Bass Wah.
I can't crap for shit.

Danny G

Nice. I have that same model SVT

Mid-70's SVT + Dietz 2x15 w/EV's

2000 USA P-Bass. Boss TU-2, Fulltone Bassdrive, Phase 90, Whine-O Wah. My other cab (Dietz Replica 2x15) in background

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Instant Dan

(From left to right)

EHX LPB1 Nano -> Pharaoh fuzz (modded for Germanium) -> 1980/1981 DOD 250 clone -> Dunlop Rotovibe - Boss TU2

Speakers are loaded with Hellatone 60's/30's

56Merc

Scarlett Screamer 70 almost done!  Its gonna have orange tolex and brown cloth to match my Orange 4x12.

Instant Dan

What is Mrs. Scarlet Screamer based on?