Main Menu

Show Off Your Rigs: Rebirth

Started by VOLVO))), December 04, 2010, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

The only ones I can ever remember are Lemmy and Dixie, because they're kind of contrary to each other.

VOLVO)))

Dixe: Bass 10 Mids 10 Treble 0 everything else at 10

Lemmy: Bass 0 Mids 10 Treble 5 dimed oot
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Stonergrunge

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Lyon By Wahsburn Model LE-20/TS

Pedals:
Real McCoy Custom RMC6FL Wheels Of Fire Wah
MJM Guitar FX Roctavios
MJM Guitar FX London Fuzz
MJM Guitar FX London Fuzz II (waiting for its work shift)
Sunmachine Effects Reptile Fuzz (waiting for its work shift)
MJM Guitar FX Sixties Vibe
Electro-Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Analog Delay

Amplifier:
Washburn VGA 30R South Side (SS, 30 watts)
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

beerrhino

Wife is out of town so the living room furniture has been replaced.  This is pretty much everything except my Gibson L6 that's in the shop and a bunch of homemade fuzz pedals

mutantcolors

There's a Fender, and then there's a Fender with that late 60's ginormous headstock. Cheers for having two.

spookstrickland

Finally got my pedal board up and running.  Pedals are as follows:  Phase 90 -> Boss CE2 Chorus -> Homemade Mid Boost -> Homemade Fuzz -> Dunlop Cry Baby then into my Homemade Looper with a Danelectro Chili Dog and Ibanez Sound Tank Tape Echo running in Loop 1 and 2.

Fuck them overpriced Pedal Train Boards.  I built this thing out of old Bed Slats!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Baltar

I had forgotten about the valve cover thingy.  DIY forever!!!
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

RAGER

When's the last time you checked the oil in that thing?
No Focus Pocus

Metal and Beer

I always dug that valve cover thing too.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

bitter

Spook, I thought you used a creepy finger's fuzz?
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

spookstrickland

Quote from: bitter on May 06, 2012, 04:11:33 PM
Spook, I thought you used a creepy finger's fuzz?

I do, but I'm afraid to take it to shows for fear of being damaged or stolen.  It just comes out for recording and Jams at the house.  I'm still just in awe of the fact that Brad built that for me. He is one of the coolest and smartest dudes ever!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Stonergrunge

Quote from: beerrhino on May 04, 2012, 10:47:14 PM
Wife is out of town so the living room furniture has been replaced.  This is pretty much everything except my Gibson L6 that's in the shop and a bunch of homemade fuzz pedals

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e48/beerrhino/IMG_0308.jpg

beerrhino, beautiful setup, is that a Roger Mayer Mongoose fuzz?
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

beerrhino

Yeah, it's a Mongoose.  Favorite fuzz I've ever used.

Mr. Foxen

somedude

It's nice to see that Stoner Rock lives.  It's been awhile and I feel out of the loop.  Anyway...

I have a bunch of amps.

This is my current "rig".  I'm not in a band right now so it's not really a "rig" so much as a collection of stuff I wire together as I get bored.  I've been experimenting with A/Bing a couple amps.  The Recto has never done a very good clean or overdrive, and the Electra-Dyne doesn't have high gain... it's like they were meant for each other.  Turn both on at the same time and it's super sludge-tastic.

A bunch of guitars.  I don't own the Mesa combo on the right anymore.

Another guitar.

Newest acquisition.  Scored this one a few weeks ago.

Jake

Is that an early, 2 channel Recto by chance? If so, may I assume ownership?
poop.

somedude

Quote from: Jake on May 30, 2012, 02:47:58 AM
Is that an early, 2 channel Recto by chance? If so, may I assume ownership?

1) Rev F w/ Mark III transformers, circa 1992.

2) No.

dunwichamps

a Mesa fan. I was thinking about making myself a Mk2 C+ lead channel only clone for those times I wanna thrash out

clockwork green

The II C+ is the only Mesa I'd buy and just for nostalgia...maybe that one Mark III with the huge power section (I forget the specific sub-model).
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

I,Galactus

Quote from: clockwork green on May 30, 2012, 04:03:06 PM
The II C+ is the only Mesa I'd buy and just for nostalgia...maybe that one Mark III with the huge power section (I forget the specific sub-model).
Coliseum! 6X6L6 all damn day.

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

dunwichamps

you could do a 6x6l6 model on the C+ if u really wanted that much wattage for that kind of sound. I have schematics for whatever id need even that graphic EQ stuff.

Hemisaurus

I've seen a Mesa pedal on another forum, the guy replaced the tubes with FET's ;D

VOLVO)))

Those mesa pre-pedals sound great. There is a video of one in my youtube channel.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

taylo)))r

My amp and guitar are the backbone of my tone.....this cab isn't mine, i use an avatar classic 4 x12 with gh12s and v30s that I actually think sounds better than the orange cab. One of the OR120s is mine. It's a '77 or120. And then the armstrong...it's my baby.

I don't have pics of my pedals but i only use an Ibanez AD9 delay, a super hard on clone, and sometimes a fuzz that rayinreverse built me. I basically got rid of most of my pedals and rely solely on the git and amp for tone. More pedals always equals more problems, so I got sick of them and downsized to essentials only.

I don't have better pics. I never remember to take pictures of my shit.

(insert interesting quote)

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.