Main Menu

Show Off Your Rigs: Rebirth

Started by VOLVO))), December 04, 2010, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimniggzy

Pulled out the old Beta for some Misfits covers.

RacerX

Redid the pedalboard a bit—took the vocal processor off, added the Morley volume pedal after the V-twin...

TU2 > Danelectro Vibe > Creepy Fingers fixed wah >DS1 >  Duunlop Hendrix Crybaby > DAM Meathead > MXR Carbon Copy > V-Twin preamp > Morley Little Alligator Volume pedal > DD4 (also used as splitter).
Livin' The Life.

Drama

Sketchy pics, but they'll work...

L-R Les Paul Custom Shop Axcess with Suhr Aldrich Pickups, Gibson Billy Morrison Sig with Suhr Aldrich, Gibson Buckethead Sig stock (at the time), Les Paul Standard with BKP Mules, Les Paul Voodoo with BKP Warpigs, SG Voodoo Stock.

Recently put in some Lace Matt Pike's on the Buckethead and swapped out the Killswitches.

Amps:

The H&K Rig is my current live amp.

And for studio/late night stuff:

dogfood

Have always been curious about the Voodoo LP and SG.  What does one of those babies sound like?  No maple cap, probably more mellow ala 100% mahogany body...
Problem solving whiskey!

everdrone

Quote from: tombhex on October 15, 2012, 02:59:57 PM
Quote from: everdrone on October 09, 2012, 07:28:39 AM
my bass rigs, thunderbird is an epi with a gibby sticker:

I really like those peavey tour series heads, i borrowed one from a buddy for a few gigs and it was one of the most dynamic sounding modern amps i've played out of in a long time. cheers!

cool brutha, thanks :)

super cheap at only $200 on ebay!  so its a keeper.  My line 6 is really fun and I dig bass line 6 tones and use em on most of my recordings too.  I have some GK 410 ultralights being shipped to me, so Ill post my stack of DOOM bass rig in a week :)

Drama

Quote from: dogfood on November 08, 2012, 10:43:17 PM
Have always been curious about the Voodoo LP and SG.  What does one of those babies sound like?  No maple cap, probably more mellow ala 100% mahogany body...

The swamp ash is definitely a unique sound for a Gibson. It's quite a mellow sound. The LP is quite dark, the SG is a lot brighter. They both have a bit of a scoop in the mids against regular construction LP's/SG's. They're great guitars when I'm looking for that sound but they're probably the two I play the least on a regular basis.

themusketking

Sold the G&L recently since I don't need a 5 string. This is an older pic, but that's my current Amp/Cab setup.  That little Orange has headroom for DAYS. I love it so much.
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

themusketking

couple of my SG body style guitars.

moose23

That Ibanez is sexy, is it bolt or set neck? Original pups?

themusketking

Quote from: moose23 on November 13, 2012, 08:04:08 AM
That Ibanez is sexy, is it bolt or set neck? Original pups?

bolt, but I got it STUUUUPID cheap. Original pickups. Love how they sound.

Mr. Foxen

Warrior Pope gig on, so set up in the living room for writing. Note correct size proportion of guitar to bass rigs:

grimniggzy

barefaced cabs look boss. love the silver grills.

Instant Dan

Super-Collider, TR-2, and Supa-Charger on the way.

heytrid

I needed a bigger desk, so I bought one, then i needed more storage, so then I bought some of that, then I needed some sweet lights as everyone needs sweet lights.

Now my "recording" area looks like something I would want off the internet... it will last maybe 2 weeks until I start building projects on my desk and dragging old car parts around this room again.

Either way it is part of my rig :P

hisheroisjon

Also got that black orange cab, modded fender pa 135 and a few other random fender and univox cabs not pictured.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mutantcolors

There is really nothing about this rig that doesn't bring a smile to my face, especially when I power it up.

Baltar

Made a slight change to the Phase 90 placement.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

The Riffer

Quote from: mutantcolors on January 09, 2013, 01:45:11 PM
There is really nothing about this rig that doesn't bring a smile to my face, especially when I power it up.

Holy Horsefucker...I like this.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

clockwork green

This is an update on my little practice room rig. It's my EV-mutt...12L in the Mesa and I think a 15L in the who-knows-what cab below. I won't get time to run through it till tomorrow. My Beta Lead has no cab and even the footswitch is by some shiester dude on eBay that I got lucky with. That's a Marshall 1960A 4x12 with tall casters next to it and even flat on the ground these 2 cabs are taller.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Instant Dan

Quote from: Baltar on January 10, 2013, 06:51:52 PM

Made a slight change to the Phase 90 placement.

How's that classic 108 fuzz? I've always been curious about them.

Baltar

It's wicked, made my wah come alive. The buffer adds hi end and cuts any oscillation from a wah.  It' my 3rd one, I dropped one and the other I melted the board.  Jeorge Tripps designed it. There area 3 hidden trimpots on the inside, but you have to pull the board out.  One of them is a bias pot.  Lot's of hi-end and mids in this Face.

Tele Special

Eastwood Corona SG

Corona w/ Crybaby
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

tombhex

Quote from: Drama on October 29, 2012, 01:54:12 PM

Recently put in some Lace Matt Pike's on the Buckethead and swapped out the Killswitches.

Dude, are those Sanwa arcade machine buttons in the place of killswitches? I have wanted to do that to a guitar for so long...

Mr. Foxen

This pic is my favourite from tonight's gig:

Corey Y

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on January 14, 2013, 08:35:10 PM
This pic is my favourite from tonight's gig:

Psssttttt...that one is supposed to go backstage  ;)