Main Menu

Who here runs Devi Ever?

Started by Baltar, May 03, 2011, 10:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltar

I can't wrap my head around how many pedals and variations she makes.  I've got a Torn's Peaker on the way.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Mike_Sims

I've been curious about that Godzilla fuzz, I'm just worried it will either: a) Be one of those pedals that sounds good for recording but not live, or b) won't be much different from the countless other fuzz variations.

Baltar

A lot of 'em are really noisy like a Fuzz Factory.  I ordered the Torn's Peaker but I'm getting with the knowledge that it is an over-the-top fuzz.  The Hyperion is supposedly a Big Muff killer, and it does seem to have a decent amount of mids, but still maintains a really thick Muff-like fuzz.  Proguitar Shop has a lot of good videos of 'em.

Volume

I have a SM on my board really thick an a bit scooped sound. The chaos mode is pretty useless, because you have no control. I also have the TP which is more of a fuzzface and a 05 boost. Our keyboard player and other guitar player also have some, they use the 33 quite a lot. They aren't necessarily weird noise making machines, there are lots of more or less classic sounds to be had.

beerrhino

I have the hyperion but I almost never use it.  Really intense, thick fuzz but an almost unusable amount of gain.  When I try to run it through my redbear or sound city I need to keep the output dialed back to around 25% or it's nothing but squeal and hiss.
Sounds great through a 10 watt practice amp though.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Baltar

I got my TP today.  Pretty rad, as you turn down the texture you get a splatty battery dying sound.  Lot's of cool tones and very, very loud.