Ever find something you can't justify buying but want SO badly?

Started by VOLVO))), May 03, 2011, 11:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

I've been in one-man, and one-guitar bands for my entire time playing. I've never been able to find a guitarist that wanted to do Maiden type harmonizing, or Swedish Death Metal, or anything. I've been looking around for harmonizers that track well, and sound not-so-artificial. I've got a digitech whammy that does it's job for single note runs and shit, but I'd really like to be able to play actual riffs, fully harmonized.

Found my white horse, but it's three hundred bones, and I don't know if I can justify spending that just so I can make myself smile every now and then when I write riffs that would feel at home in a Nightrage song...

Anyone else have similar issues? Work-a-rounds? Anything? haha
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Chovie D

life is short. find it on CL or used somewhere and buy it.

Is it really better than other harmonizers? I use the latest version of the  boss pitch shifter and think it does a decent job, its only $125 or so.
I didnt like the harmonizing on the whammy at all. its only good if you WANT poor tracking.

In my opinion $300 is too much to spend on any one effect, but maybe you can find a deal on one , be patient, try some of the cheaper models maybe they will suffice or even be better.

LogicalFrank

One of these days I am going to buy an Eventide harmonizer then descend into the studio never to see the light of day again.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

LogicalFrank

Though I am more into the idea of pretending I'm one Snakefinger rather than any two other people.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."