Main Menu

Anybody in Denver?

Started by Lumpy, May 15, 2011, 08:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

I see something on Craigs List that I need, and it's selling cheap, but 'pick up only'.

Anybody willing to buy this and mail it to me, I will make it worth your while (I will Paypal you first if you want, it's selling for 20 bucks).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Lumpy

zachoff

I could probably help you out.  What's the link to the ad?

Lumpy

I sent you a private message with the info.
:)

LogicalFrank

"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Lumpy

It's an Alesis Airsynth. I bought one for 50 bucks, years ago when Musician's Friend was blowing them out. Then they stopped making 'em, so now they are hard to find and they sell for ridiculous money. Mine stopped working, a couple weeks ago - it's been getting banged around in my suitcase pedal board I guess :(

It's a cheesey noise maker by itself, but obviously you can mangle the hell out of it with pedals, to make cool sounds. A broken one sold for 100 dollars on Ebay. Working ones sell for 150-200 dollars. This Craigslist ad is selling one for 20 dollars, a steal. And it works.

You can play the Airsynth AND ride the volume, with only one hand. Other shit I use requires two hands to play/ride the volume (or a hand & foot). The Airsynth frees me up to play multiple things at once, which sounds a lot more interesting than one thing at a time.

My unit is in the shop, they told me they are waiting for a part... Hopefully they can fix it. If I can get a second unit too, that would be smart... obviously, I've learned these can break.

ROWDYBEER

I hate when people post shit on craigs list and either sell the item and do not delete it or just do not respond. I only say this cause zachoff emailed person with your pedal and no response and that was the second item he emailed about with no response this week. Of course I was going to see if I liked it before Lumpy gets it. Hahahahahahah! Just kidding. We dont roll like that here in Colorado. What goes around comes around and when it comes around you dont want it to fuck you in the ass. At least thats my belief system.

Lumpy

I have bad luck with Craigs List sellers. A lot of flakes who don't follow up on shit. This guy is also selling an ugly garden gnome sculpture type thingy for 25 dollars, which is more than he's selling the Alesis for. So he's probably insane.

The Shocker

CL is about 75% flakes, 25% ok folks.  Actually made some friends from CL, but have dealt with a ton of assholes.  I just get tired of folks here asking Fender prices for Squier gear.

zachoff

Yo, the dude emailed me back.  Going to pick it up tomorrow night.

Lumpy

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!

ZOMFG you are my hero!

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

Did seller flake out?  Or are you guys rubbing your wieners on it?  :-\

I forgot to tell you what a piece of worthless horrible junk it is.   :P

zachoff

I think I'm going to list it on ebay.  Too good of a deal to pass up.  Ha, kidding.  I got it yesterday so PM me your address and I'll get the shipping stuff figured out.

Lumpy

ZOMFG...

This is the best thing that's ever happened to me (which is Jam Room-related). Zachoff for President!!!

I havent heard it yet... all my stuff (including my RCA to 1/4 inch Y cable) is locked up in a closet at the studio, so I can't tell if it makes a sound, but I'm sure it does.

THANKS!!!!!

zachoff

No problem, dude... Got the Mole yesterday as well & will check it out at practice tonight.  Glad I could help!

zachoff

Dude, the Mole is freaking sick!  Got my bass -> tuner -> mole -> disto -> amp.  Cranking the Mole really makes my distorted tone awesome.  I'll try to record something sometime but thanks.  I'm super stoked.