Bluebeard Fuzz, need some more info

Started by Instant Dan, May 22, 2011, 12:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instant Dan

Just bought one used, I know it is just big muff with the low end kept in and that Wino, Torche or Juan Montoya, Kylesa, and Mastodon uses(ed) them. Going to compare it with my Ronsound Ram Head clone. I heard the GGG tuned Big Muff is more or less the same but I don't have that to compare it to.

VOLVO)))

I like how it sounds, and I haven't heard it...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy

delysid

I was actually playing on one yesterday going into an Ampeg V4 into a Marshall 4x12. It's the balls-iest pedal I've heard and this is coming from someone who uses a Supercollider. The tone control on it is pretty cool as well, better than most fuzzes I've heard. It never loses its fat low end, even on any setting that you dial in. It doesn't get too raspy though.

I have two friends that own one and I had the opportunity to get one as well since Sonny had called me, but NINE months after I sent him the email. I had already purchased the Supercollider and was about to have a kid, so no go...but we had a good chat about Pentagram, Vitus, Blue Cheer, etc.

h.p. lovecraft

Its not quite a GGG Muff but it is pretty close.

From what I gather, its a mix between an old Green Russian and a Ram's Head. Great for crushing Power Chord riffs but surprisingly it "cleans" up pretty well too.

I know that Sonny is now making them and he is no longer having them built by GGG.

Lon story, short...I think the Bluebeard is a good pedal but there are some better Muff clones out there.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." -- Me

Instant Dan

Yeah, it definitely reminded me of a Russian and Ram's Head. It loved my JCM800, but I will agree there are better muff clones but for the price I got it at ($120 used) it's hard to beat.