Matt Pike "Everyone loves some thunder"

Started by db3jed, May 23, 2011, 12:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny problem

I'm happy for him.  Matt's hard work deserves recognition from any musical instrument company, be it amps or guitars.  When I saw him here last year, his tone wasn't horrible, had a glassy feel/texture, excellent definition and loud as hell.  It wasn't TOASD, but I did get pulverized and would happily break my neck at any future shows HOF puts on.

Worthless Willie

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 25, 2011, 08:10:36 AM
Quote from: Worthless Willie on May 25, 2011, 02:27:29 AM
I'd say at his level, I bet he scored some free shit.

It isn't like he's in Metallica, dude. Once Sleep scores a guitar hero spot, they'll start catching some free shit, until then... I doubt it.

Shit man, I got an endorsement from Reverend Guitars, got some shit at a heavy discount, and I'm fuckin' NOBODY.  Just because they liked our band.

I would not be at all surprised if they tossed him an couple of amps for free.  No skin off their back, really.
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

xander face

i actually like the Blackstar stuff i've played

yeah it's got lots of modern stuff going on i'd never fuck with but there are people that love that shit so whatever

really it's more about the riffs than the gear...i know on the internet we often forget that...