Post Your "Band Vans" and other Tour Rigs

Started by spookstrickland, May 23, 2011, 09:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spookstrickland

What's hauling your gear to and from the gig these days?

Here is my New Van:

1979 Ford 4x4 Van

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Hemisaurus

VW wagon, loved it but never buying another one, transmission died after only 150,000 miles :'(

VOLVO)))

I know you can only fit a 16th of your rig in there.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 23, 2011, 11:22:29 PM
I know you can only fit a 16th of your rig in there.
Actually as a two-piece we fitted a full drum kit, plus my rack 4x10, 1x18 and mixer etc. there, that's how we did the E/SE coast.

Admittedly it wasn't my favourite 1x18, and in future I think I'll take EV no matter what, but these are things you learn. We averaged 40+mpg, and drove from Tennessee (Chattanooga) all the way home on a single tankful. Which is why I love the diesel so, but I can't approve of any company that thinks it's OK that I need a complete new transmission after only 150,000 miles, after owning several VW's the last one disgustipated me so much I'll never buy another. All my other ones had done at least 200,000+ just fine.

On another occasion it hauled 2 Peavey 2x15's a 4x10 and the EV 1x18 plus head, and me and the missus.

I shoulda done a Thrones style tour whilst I had it. :-\

Danny G

Interior view of Boss Hoss, the Eric Tessmer Band van. 1991 Dodge Ram

Anyone know how to grab links from pics on FB to post on other sites? they fucked that shit all up.
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Chovie D

"The Limo" can be seen in my avatar broken down on the side of a freeway near Madison Tennessee.
It was parked on the streets of NYC and completely covered in graffiti which made it a  cop (and chick)magnet anywhere outside of the NYC limits and it broke down a couple times a tour, there was no suspension and no back seats (i sat in a  lawn chair for 500 miles a day). No air or heat, we tried to tour in spring and fall.  

"you boys dont have any drugs in there do you?" Ohio State troopers can eat my ass out with whip cream

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Reminds me of my old Chevy, decorated by a mate and his girlfriend. I need to clean the mouse crap out the carburetor and get it running, it's sitting in the shed.