Guitar poll: If you had to choose out of one of these guitars...

Started by Isabellacat, May 26, 2011, 05:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

RAGER

Definitely the Les Paul Standard.  But it's gotta be heavy
No Focus Pocus

EddieMullet

I'll take the BC Rich just because I'm in a metal kind of mood today.

Hemisaurus

Whichever one I can sell for the most money to get what I actually want ;D

MikeyT

^
That would be the '58 Les Paul.

I'd take the SG.

If I didn't have tendonitis, I might take the Strat (although I'd still love the SG).

Those are badass guitars.

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

The Shocker

No love for a Mustang Isabella?  Thought you were a big Cobain fan...

justinhedrick

neighbor664

dogfood

I'd buy a lester but if yer giving one away I'll take the V.  Judas Priest and the Scorps got me hooked on'm.
Problem solving whiskey!

Ranbat

Had to go with the V for this poll. I've had an Ironbird along with several other BC Rich guitars. Loved them in my thrash/death metal days. The V satisfies the something different while giving me the sound of an SG.
Meh :/

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

beardofcthulhu

Gotta go Gibby V.  I had a cheap Iron Bird, after 10 or so years of lust, and I hated it from day one.  I'll never stray again.
Peace through volume.

VOLVO)))

Cheap Riches eat fat dick. You need a real Japanese BCR or a US.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

tomz.

SG for me...

tho I bet a 69 sunburst strat in my hands would give me a lil chubby  :)
motorcycles, rock n roll, and beer, not necessarily in that order.

Stonergrunge

wow, so I am the only one that voted for the strat, if you haven't heard a thick and sludgy fuzz pedal through the neck pickup of a strat you simply don't know what you're missing.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

justinhedrick

i would have voted for the strat, but i hate sunburst finish.

beardofcthulhu

You couldn't be more right Sunn.  I spent more energy holding that fucker up than I did playing it.  It was goddamn exhausting.  It didn't sound half bad, though.
Peace through volume.

Worthless Willie

The V should be a '58.
The Paul should be a '59.

But, I voted for the '52 Telecaster.
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

Isabellacat

my stepdad had a Gibson Les Paul around the house while growing up. he let me touch it a few times  ::) (okay not in that way but i know y'all have dirty minds) it was heavy but playing basic Led Zeppelin riffs on it sounded cool.

much rather have  Gibson SG tho. my first electric guitar was a Korean Strat however.

i was gonna add a Telecaster to this poll but last minute decided not to,sorry. i'm not a Tele hater by all means tho.

Ranbat

Quote from: SunnO))) on May 26, 2011, 11:39:43 PM
All aboot the Ironbird.

Man, that is a sweet looking Ironbird. I occasionally miss mine. It was an early 80s NJ. In fact all of them were with the exception of the Bich, which was a BC Rico. It's my Warlock I miss the most though.

VOLVO)))

All of the NJ's, even the korean NJ's were damn decent guitars. The low level shit HHI and Class Axe put out under BCR's name is what gives the company a shit reputation.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ranbat

The Class Axe era was a total catastrophe. I've actually come across a couple that look like they were made from particle board. Would I own one? Fuck yeah, if the price was right. HHI has done okay in my book though. They do make some planks, but they have made some decent affordable guitars.

lordfinesse

Billy Squier 24/7