Going on tour starting Friday....

Started by LogicalFrank, June 13, 2011, 10:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LogicalFrank

W/ Sun Splitter, just for a week. I am excited even though it entails sleeping in uncomfortable locations and wearing the same thing for 8 days. Come on out and say hey. We have cool amps you can check out if nothing else.

6/17/2011 - Chicago, IL @ Mortville w/ Tiger Hatchery, Lechuguillas and Socially Retarded
6/18/2011 - Cleveland, OH @ 71st Door w/Black Bloc, Dead Peasant Insurance, Fascist Insect
6/19/2011 - Buffalo, NY @ The Sound Lab w/ Dirt Eyes and Sonorous Gale
6/20/2011 - Philadelphia, PA @ The M Room w/Burden and Sadgiqacea
6/21/2011 - Wilmington, DE @ The Baum Shelter
6/22/2011 - Raleigh, NC @ Slim's w/ Squall and Hog
6/23/2011 - Nashville, TN @ Little Hamilton Collective
6/24/2011 - Dayton, OH @ Blind Bobs

All the shows from 6/18 on are also w/ our Columbus friends, Bridesmaid.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

justinhedrick

have fun frank! i hope your drummer doesn't turn to a whiney bitch after a few hours in the car!  ;D

LogicalFrank

Last show my Korg Electribe decided not to just hum loudly instead of making drum-like sounds and so we could not play our newest song.  :-[ I took it home and it fired up fine but I'm really nervous about it on the tour. It is really finicky about ground loops I think is the problem.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

RAGER

Lots of farting in the van stories plz.
No Focus Pocus

grimniggzy

Wish this wasn't on a Monday b/c thats my busiest day and all I ever want to do is go home and sleep.
Sadgiqacea is the shit too, real good 2 piece (I never say that) and they both do vocals.
The guitarist splits his signal and runs a bass rig with an octave pedal.
Some pretty cool, psychedelic sounds there. Good luck out there and have fun.

LogicalFrank

Quote from: grimniggzy on June 13, 2011, 11:25:56 AM

Wish this wasn't on a Monday b/c thats my busiest day and all I ever want to do is go home and sleep.
Sadgiqacea is the shit too, real good 2 piece (I never say that) and they both do vocals.

How is the venue? We don't know much about most of these places...

RAGER, I will gladly unleash a most noxious fart and blame in on you.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

grimniggzy

Quote from: LogicalFrank on June 13, 2011, 11:31:41 AM
Quote from: grimniggzy on June 13, 2011, 11:25:56 AM

How is the venue? We don't know much about most of these places...

RAGER, I will gladly unleash a most noxious fart and blame in on you.

Its been a few years already and I think they may have re-modeled but it was pretty small with a small stage. and then a whole seperate room for the bar which is stage left. basically there was a wall splitting up the room which was pretty dumb. again, not sure if its still like this.

LogicalFrank

Well, as long as they are not total dicks, I am OK w/ such a set up. I have played worse.

bass sic

Wish I could come out the 18th, but were playing that night too. Fuck, I want to see cool amps.

grimniggzy

it kind of reminds me of the khyber so thats a plus.

black_out

The only bad thing I've ever heard about the M Room is that apparently sometimes they don't charge you for the show until you cross over form the bar side the side with the stage...so cheap fuckers can sit at the bar and drink beer without having to dish out the dough for the band. I've never been there for a show where that was the case, so maybe the quit doing that and started charging at the door. Other than that, the sound is really good, the food is good, they have a good beer selection, and it's in a part of town where people will actually show up. With the Khyber not being an option anymore and considering the fact that nobody shows up to shows at Millcreek, I would take the M Room over any other legit venue in Philly right now.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

Hemisaurus

Frank I'm just seriously impressed you got 8 consecutive dates, how did you swing that?

I've all but given up trying to book Mon-Wed shows.

LogicalFrank

Quote from: Hemisaurus on June 13, 2011, 05:33:36 PM
Frank I'm just seriously impressed you got 8 consecutive dates, how did you swing that?

All credit goes to Bob from Bridesmaid. He knows a bunch of folks and worked his ass off to book it. Good people.

Mon-Wed shows kinda suck. Probably my days off from work would be better spend taking a few long weekends and playing only Thurs-Sat but we'll see how this goes. We play some early Sunday shows and those are kind of cool. Play a show and be at home by eleven. It's nice.

mortlock

have fun, do drugs, drink and fuck chicks..you wont regret it if you survive it..

LogicalFrank

I'm not gonna fuck any chicks but the rest of that shit is fair game. I'm getting to be an old man though so I mostly just stick w/ drinking my standard six to infinity beers each night while on tour.

mawso

pack lube, chloroform & a platinum card

bass sic

Excuse me miss, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

grimniggzy

Quote from: black_out on June 13, 2011, 05:14:27 PM
The only bad thing I've ever heard about the M Room is that apparently sometimes they don't charge you for the show until you cross over form the bar side the side with the stage...so cheap fuckers can sit at the bar and drink beer without having to dish out the dough for the band. I've never been there for a show where that was the case, so maybe the quit doing that and started charging at the door. Other than that, the sound is really good, the food is good, they have a good beer selection, and it's in a part of town where people will actually show up. With the Khyber not being an option anymore and considering the fact that nobody shows up to shows at Millcreek, I would take the M Room over any other legit venue in Philly right now.

http://kungfunecktie.com/
is my fav right now

Hemisaurus

Quote from: LogicalFrank on June 13, 2011, 10:18:31 PM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on June 13, 2011, 05:33:36 PM

All credit goes to Bob from Bridesmaid. He knows a bunch of folks and worked his ass off to book it. Good people.

Mon-Wed shows kinda suck. Probably my days off from work would be better spend taking a few long weekends and playing only Thurs-Sat but we'll see how this goes. We play some early Sunday shows and those are kind of cool. Play a show and be at home by eleven. It's nice.
Let us know how they all go then, I'd been thinking long weekends as well.

Does Bob from Bridesmaid book for other bands too ;)

LogicalFrank

He might give you a hand if you need a show in Columbus, OH. Other than that, probably not.

black_out

shit I always forget about kung fu. Only band I can remember playing there in recent memory that I wanted to see was Birds of Maya. I have heard it's a rad place to see a show, though. I used to love going to shows at Johnny Brenda's but it seems like it's pretty rare that they have heavy shows anymore. I was really stoked to see that Pearls and Brass show is going down there.

Quote from: grimniggzy on June 14, 2011, 09:10:54 AM
Quote from: black_out on June 13, 2011, 05:14:27 PM

http://kungfunecktie.com/
is my fav right now
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

eyeprod

CV - Slender Fungus

inductorguitars

Quote from: LogicalFrank on June 13, 2011, 11:24:10 PM
I'm not gonna fuck any chicks but the rest of that shit is fair game. I'm getting to be an old man though so I mostly just stick w/ drinking my standard six to infinity beers each night while on tour.

So fucking guys is OK? BJ's? I'll buy you a beer for the Chi-Guest list and a Hand Job?

Seriously Where is Mortville?