My name is Justin, and midrange isn't my friend.

Started by justinhedrick, June 14, 2011, 12:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

LogicalFrank

I am actually a fan of Dime's tone on the albums. On the live albums, it's kind of awful. I think he was good enough that he could precisely overdub and get it good and thick sounding even w/ the scooped mids. Most people are not that good so one track sounds thin and then it just sounds progressively muddier as they add overdubs.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Metal and Beer

I remember some shithead on the old board saying he was gonna beat Jake's ass for saying Dimebag's tone sucked. Dude was a total cliche'd Pantera fan LOL, wish I could remember who that was.

I liked Dimebag, but his tone was pretty shitty
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Pissy

His tone was unique I thought. But it seemed on the albums the production of his tone was done by the same guy that decided Vinnie's kick sounded good. Vinnie.
Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

it depends on what you want..midrange changes everything..

VOLVO)))

Too bad Bodybag didn't come up with that shitty tone on his own. Too bad Pantera is a piss-poor clone of this band... Exhorder rules, Pantera eats fat dick. Lets see someone kick my ass.

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

MikeyT

Quote from: justinhedrick on June 14, 2011, 12:40:52 PM
really, on most of my amps i have the bass set around 6, the highs around 6 and the mids around 3 or 4. without it is sounds too . . . woofy.

what's wrong with me?  ???

Nothing that 'Scoopers Anonymous' can't cure.
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

LogicalFrank

Exhorder is good but not as good as the Pantera haters say.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

justinhedrick

Quote from: LogicalFrank on June 17, 2011, 11:11:52 AM
Exhorder is good but not as good as the Pantera haters say.

francis, shouldn't you be touring right now?

LogicalFrank

First date is in Chicago at Mortville so I decided not to burn a vacation day for today.

justinhedrick

Quote from: LogicalFrank on June 17, 2011, 12:37:20 PM
First date is in Chicago at Mortville so I decided not to burn a vacation day for today.

wise choice. have fun. do a bunch of tranny's . . . don't do blow.

wait, i MIGHT have that backwards!!!

LogicalFrank