Main Menu

the roach coach

Started by mortlock, June 14, 2011, 09:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

any blue collar guy can appriciate the value of a good roach coach..theres this guy jimmy in south jersey that is unreal..pics forthcoming..even the truck is military grade heavy duty..like the food.

best bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel you'll ever have..seriously..

mortlock

hes so good that hes stationary..people come to him..his truck is like a restaurant..

inductorguitars

In Illinois it's illegal to cook the food at the roach coach.

As long as the food is cooked elsewhere it OK. Go figure.

dogfood

In Texas we have the sleazy-est chicas wear'n way too tight hoochy pants slopping out some killer mexi foodums.  Don't get the stuff that's been sitting there.  Get her to cook up something on the spot.  good shit.
Problem solving whiskey!

Baltar

Scooped mids bean salad anyone?
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Slow

In Florida, we got motherfuckin' barbecue stands. Maaaaannnn, I love that shit. I trash some barbecue, and that shit is cheap. Delicious.
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

bass sic

Dollar tacos off any truck in LA. I've hit those roach coaches from Bakersfield to San Diego and it seems like it's always the same truck with the same kinda cute Mexi chick working.

spookstrickland

In Portland we get Filthy looking guys in "converted" camp trailers not washing their hands and handling your food. ::)
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

mortlock

Quote from: spookstrickland on June 15, 2011, 06:53:01 PM
In Portland we get Filthy looking guys in "converted" camp trailers not washing their hands and handling your food. ::)
i bet the food is awesome..

mortlock

ha. i just realized this..this was supposed to be in general dis..

dogfood

perhaps, but it's a tad more civilized in here, we can have a discussion without the worlds sickest jpgs, trolls, and general asshattery.
Problem solving whiskey!

The Shocker

Quote from: dogfood on June 15, 2011, 08:08:00 PM
perhaps, but it's a tad more civilized in here, we can have a discussion without the worlds sickest jpgs, trolls, and general asshattery.

Yep.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: mortlock on June 15, 2011, 08:03:18 PM
ha. i just realized this..this was supposed to be in general dis..

-shrug-
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

neighbor664

Jam Room is the new OFF.

LogicalFrank

Only roach coach food I've ever got has been packaged crapola.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

justinhedrick

i've had some from places in champaign that cater to the u of i students. they are pretty good.

RAGER

We have a veritable shit ton of food carts here in Portland.  Designated areas all over the city.  All different kinds.  It's kind of a sub culture around here.  Don't listen to Spook.  He looks like he lives on Krispy Kreme anyways.

i would like to open one myself and serve snobby sanwiches as I am an aspiring chef :)
No Focus Pocus

grimniggzy

I finally saw a taco truck around philly during the last punk rock flea market. didn't have any but I'm almost certain they were the only thing of worth there at all.
most of the time we just get hipsters trying to sell vegan "treats"
do not want.

grimniggzy

Quote from: dogfood on June 14, 2011, 10:19:26 PM
In Texas we have the sleazy-est chicas wear'n way too tight hoochy pants slopping out some killer mexi foodums.  Don't get the stuff that's been sitting there.  Get her to cook up something on the spot.  good shit.

also, made a mental not of this ^

tryna get to one of these before I die.

Chovie D

pics or none of this shit ever happened

spookstrickland

I was looking into starting a Hot Dog Cart a few years back and let me tell you 90 percent of those food carts in Portland are not up to code!

Quote from: RAGER on June 16, 2011, 11:26:50 AM
We have a veritable shit ton of food carts here in Portland.  Designated areas all over the city.  All different kinds.  It's kind of a sub culture around here.  Don't listen to Spook.  He looks like he lives on Krispy Kreme anyways.

i would like to open one myself and serve snobby sanwiches as I am an aspiring chef :)
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

dogfood

okely dokely.  Pics it is.
Problem solving whiskey!

Metal and Beer

Spook, you look like you've tried every truck in Portland, twice. In a day. Every day.  :P

There's a good truck here that parks in front of the Club Latina on weekends that's badass; since they're serving mostly Hispanic folks. The places/trucks that mainly serve pinche guero Arkies have to Arkify the food or it won't sell.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Pissy

There is an ordinance here in Charlotte that makes food trucks close shop at 9 pm. Not too many around as a result. If they could sell to the nightlife crowd, they'd be all over, I promise.
Vinyls.   deal.

inductorguitars

Quote from: Pissy on June 16, 2011, 09:06:24 PM
There is an ordinance here in Charlotte that makes food trucks close shop at 9 pm. Not too many around as a result. If they could sell to the nightlife crowd, they'd be all over, I promise.

When I was in Helsinki, Finland they had Grilli's. Oh man were they good at 3am after drinking. People passed out halfway in the street with their grilli food. Good times good times.