Main Menu

Worst pedal you've got?

Started by Pundan, June 30, 2011, 11:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

How about a Meatbox instead :)

jibberish

Quote from: Hemisaurus on June 30, 2011, 01:11:21 PM

^that right there.    i totally would be lost without my old trusty HM-2, so i treid a couple of those..got them for $20 each.  you can run one through the other..that still sucked though.. i gave one of them away to my nephew just starting out playing but i still have the other.  garbage.  i have a really cheap pedal that is sooo nasty, i like it heh

Lumpy

If you could build an affordable Meatbox clone, you could make a few bucks... they sell for around 100 bucks (sometimes more, sometimes less)
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Lumpy on July 04, 2011, 06:00:45 PM
If you could build an affordable Meatbox clone, you could make a few bucks... they sell for around 100 bucks (sometimes more, sometimes less)
Not interested right now, but give it a year, looks like my shop will be going completely Windows, and they won't have any place for me. Then I may turn to amp repair and amp / pedal building as a way to make pin money. ;)

Mike_Sims

all of these CAN'T be worse than the metal master I use to own... no way...

kirky

Quote from: Mike_Sims on July 05, 2011, 01:58:58 AM

ahhhh....the arion metal master....i had one as well...sucked.

justinhedrick

Quote from: kirky on July 05, 2011, 02:17:38 AM
Quote from: Mike_Sims on July 05, 2011, 01:58:58 AM

ahhhh....the arion metal master....i had one as well...sucked.

did you get the free t-shirt with it that said "i am the metal master"? anyone remember those in the early 90s?

Jake

My worst pedal is my NYC Big Muff. I don't know why I keep it.
poop.

LogicalFrank

I keep all my crappy pedals because fifty or a hundred bucks is not worth the hassle of selling shit. Making decent money makes me lazy.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

Jake

poop.

Clydesdale

DOD grunge at low volume at home can be a bit fun!

I'll never get rid of shit pedals because you never know what you might record with one.

Shit pedals buried beneath thick drones can add certain flavor.

Mr. Foxen

Ernie Ball volume pedal. I hate it, it has so much potential, but the string broke and was a giant ballache to replace, then the pot was fuck anyway. And the guy who gave it to me to fix never collected it, so I spend frustrating hours for nothing.

Isabellacat

i had a BOSS Hyper Metal pedal that did'nt even work.

i also had a BOSS Digital Delay but that was alot of fun. still mad i lost that to the pawn shop.

mortlock

"Shit pedals buried beneath thick drones can add certain flavor."

so true..i love my crappy pedals..except the digitech shit..but they sound like ass anyhow..

Hemisaurus

I'm not going to diss any brand, the reverbs on those Digitech combi pedals, you know the RP and BP series is excellent.

mortlock

that may be so. but its not so much the sound as it is the way they chow 9v batteries..

MikeyT

Quote from: dogfood on June 30, 2011, 11:53:38 PM
Dear Hemi,

You fucking comedian, send me your address and I'll send this fucker to you postage due.

Your truly,

dogfood

I find that post to be humorous.
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Isabellacat

I also used to have an Ibanez Classic Metal soundtank distortion that was actually good,at least way better than that BOSS DS-1.

I actually love that Jimi Hendrix brand Crybaby wah too. at first I thought it did'nt sound too great but it grew on me. Not as good as the Tycobrahe wah-wah's tho.

justinhedrick

Quote from: isabellacat on July 07, 2011, 02:16:45 AM
I also used to have an Ibanez Classic Metal soundtank distortion that was actually good,at least way better than that BOSS DS-1.

I actually love that Jimi Hendrix brand Crybaby wah too. at first I thought it did'nt sound too great but it grew on me. Not as good as the Tycobrahe wah-wah's tho.

didn't the classic metal pedal have the same chip as a tube screamer or something?

I,Galactus

MOOG EP-1 Expression pedal

$25, all plastic, cheap pots, and easy to break strings.  ::)

They've since replaced it with the beefed up EP-2, but they're not problem free either.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Hemisaurus

Quote from: justinhedrick on July 07, 2011, 09:22:44 AM
Quote from: isabellacat on July 07, 2011, 02:16:45 AM

didn't the classic metal pedal have the same chip as a tube screamer or something?
So look up the schematic  :-[
http://www.dirk-hendrik.com/classic_metal.pdf

VOLVO)))

I want that Metal Master shirt, straight up.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Instant Dan

When I still had them, the Metal Zone and Dunlop standard Crybaby. Extremely harsh sounding pedals.

The worst one I own right now? Probably Boss SD-1

VOLVO)))

someone send me a Marshall shredmaster please

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.