Earliest instance of down-tuning...

Started by LogicalFrank, July 07, 2011, 09:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceTrucker

That ship is the CSS Virgina, With its famous battle against the Monitor(Another Ironclad).

As for downtuning, Lots if not most 12 string guitar player in the early 20th century downtuned to keep the tension down so their guitars wouldn't snap early. Leadbelly was one of them.

Isabellacat

Quote from: Hemisaurus on July 10, 2011, 09:06:12 AM
Wow! Do you have a player for it too?

Yes I do,and it works. I got that tape off Ebay for only 20 bucks actually. I even have the first Captain Beyond on 8-track, one of the best things in my music collection.

Hemisaurus

I meant a quadrophonic 8 track player, but I found out they re-released the quad mix on DVD-Audio ;D

LogicalFrank

Quote from: SpaceTrucker on July 10, 2011, 05:07:36 PM
That ship is the CSS Virgina, With its famous battle against the Monitor(Another Ironclad).

It's actually the USS Essex. (I know because I checked the page I got it from not because I have civil war battleships memorized by appearance.) I am actually not sure if a photo of the Merrimac/Virgina even exists. For all the photos people took in that war, it seems like they took relatively few of the ships.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

SpaceTrucker

Their are a couple photos of the monitor(it is a fucking Beast). It is Huge. With a 2 cannon turret and it only sits a few feet at most off the water. Which is why it sank.

I get ship and aircraft names mixed up a lot.