Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnabas

Today I am buying a Marshall 1960A cab to compliment my KranK Rev1 head. Also, buying an epiphine 58 V re-issue. Both used, fucking great deals on both, Marshall is $200 and like new minus the dust, V is $300 in played condition but no major issues, has Ibanez pups, and is $300 w/HSC. I am arriving at practice an hour early to get it all set up. ;D
I ain't shook.

spookstrickland

A good gear score is a great feeling! :)
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

bloodofkings

Scored a late 70's SVT for under a grand. Looking forward to melting a few faces with it.
I can't crap for shit.

tossom

What speakers you got in the 1960A cab?  I filled mine with celestion greenbacks when I got it, love them!
"Beige rock"

eyeprod

got an epiphone thunderbird. I needed a bass
CV - Slender Fungus

bass sic

Quote from: bloodofkings on December 19, 2010, 08:43:01 PM
Scored a late 70's SVT for under a grand. Looking forward to melting a few faces with it.

How do you know its a late 70? Ive asked this here before,(well, the other place) to date my SVT but got no answers. Mine is old, but wether its late 90's or early 70's I dont have a clue.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Volume

Malekko Chicklet reverb, I hope I get it before I go visit my parents for the holidays.

clockwork green

I really like my Chicklet. I just got a Zcat Hold Reverb which should arrive any day. I think my girlfriend got me a Pigtronix Mothership which I'm really excited about. I'm considering getting a Skin Pimp Buzzaround.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Barnabas

tossom, the cabinet is all stock w/G12T-75 speaks, has 8 ohm and 16 ohm inputs, and is stereo or mono. it is a mid 80's build, fucking so sweet i almost slept with it. some older dude had it with a bunch of other gear, he was tired of lugging it around. fucking $200, BAMMMMM. Not worried about greenbacks at this point, it absolutely roars and handles the nuances of the ultra quick picking that it will be spitting out.  8)
I ain't shook.

Lumpy

Quote from: bass sic on December 20, 2010, 12:14:22 AM
How do you know its a late 70? Ive asked this here before,(well, the other place) to date my SVT but got no answers. Mine is old, but wether its late 90's or early 70's I dont have a clue.

http://www.unofficialampeg.com/dating.html
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

ROWDYBEER

I hope my wife doesn't find this list!
1979 yamaha sg2000
1976 gibson sg standard
2- emperor oversized 2x12's
earthbound audio supercollider
area 51 wah from friend
replaced boss tu-2 with pitch black
some cameltone electronics cables
a this1smine buffer
pedaltrain jr.
And a top secret custom head that I hope to see sometime in January
of course I sold a lot of shit to get all this new to me shit.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: ROWDYBEER on December 20, 2010, 02:16:10 PM

1976 gibson sg standard

Dick.  :D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bloodofkings

There's a few different ways. That resource that Lumpy posted is really good. I know by the writing on the back of the chassis. This one was during the Magnavox period. It will say something about Magnavox on the back. I can't quote it. Also below that it will say SVT-V9 meaning it is the same chassis as a V9. If it's a late 70's and not a Classic it will have two channels with 4 inputs in the front, white rocker switches, a plastic Ampeg logo, black control panel writing with a break in the middle and rounded corners on the border. The power switches are rocker switches as opposed to the metal ones like a blue line or the first set of black lines.

This kinda made up for the Skunk Works SVT I missed out on. Missed it by a day. I was pissed. Haha.

Quote from: bass sic on December 20, 2010, 12:14:22 AM
Quote from: bloodofkings on December 19, 2010, 08:43:01 PM

I can't crap for shit.

Chovie D

Mutron phaser II and Mosrite Fuzzrite-$150 for both. Neither worked...the mutron is now working and sounding like Gods very own phaser. The fuzzrite needs a few parts (pots and switch, but the board is all there!).

First edition small stone phaser-$10, "noisy"...still in the mail. I plan to fix it.

TS808 reissue-wrapped and under the tree till xmas morning

Optigan discs-Blues sweet and low, Rock and Rythym, and Easy does it with Vibes.

giantchris

Quote from: ROWDYBEER on December 20, 2010, 02:16:10 PM
1979 yamaha sg2000
1976 gibson sg standard
area 51 wah from friend
replaced boss tu-2 with pitch black
some cameltone electronics cables
a this1smine buffer
pedaltrain jr.
Jesus.  Those Yamaha sg2000s are fucking badass.

I bought an Alesis Micron to add obnoxious mellotron-esque sounds to my riffing.

EddieMullet

A black (ebony?) 1997 Epiphone SG Jr. 

Laugh if you must but those cheap little fuckers are tone monsters, those P-90 pickups are so hot they cut through everything. I had to change the machine heads because the stock ones are useless, but other than that I love those damn things.

I also have a cherry red one.

Danny G

Earlier this week put in an order for a custom Deitz replica 2x15 from a master cabinet/amp builder.

And will be cheaper than the real deal!!!
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

eddiefive10

ever have the perfect rig and the band falls apart???? thats my story

VOLVO)))

Quote from: eddiefive10 on December 27, 2010, 09:40:52 PM
ever have the perfect rig and the band falls apart???? thats my story

Every time.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

eyeprod

just picked up this yesterday to add to my 70's japanese arsenal. Not sure of the year, but it's a Cortez brand, gibson J-200 copy. Sweet player and sounds great. $130 on the local CL. It's well used, but just what I needed.

[attachment deleted by admin]
CV - Slender Fungus

hayseed

Hartke 4x10 Transporter, a GK 1x15BPX,  Ashdown MAG 300, and a Digitech Bass Squeeze compressor pedal for $300. Like i said in another post, I really didn't want all of this stuff except the 4x10 cab. But the deal was good and the gear is like new!
That being said the head is quite impressive though it is the exact same head as Behringer B4500H with 150 watts less and the knobs are configured slightly different. I know Behringer is hated in these parts but I had that particular head and it was built well and sounded great.
I also slapped a black pickguard and some chrome knobs on my Midnight Wine P bass that i got on trade for an Epi Tbird.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

blackkrosses

Sovtek MIG-50.
Friend of mine had it sitting for 3 years broken. I finally offered $200 and a .380 pistol, he took it. $40 bucks and visit to the amp doctor later it is in my basement rattling my walls.

beardofcthulhu

Scored an 87 VTM60 for 275.  Might be a little high for that one, but it's gorgeous and sounds awesome.  Plus, it's not every day I can find such a thing and actually have the scratch to just go pick it up.  That's probably the last bit o' gear I'll get before I turn 40...
Peace through volume.

clockwork green

"there's too many blanks in your analogies"