Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

Quote from: justinhedrick on November 28, 2011, 09:39:30 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on November 28, 2011, 09:34:07 PM
50W SUPER fucking hot and hard on those tubes.

yeah, it's going to run super hot and hard . . . just the way jake likes it . . .

but really, i thought el84s COULD push something like 14 watts?

You forgot pulsing? Hot, hard, and pulsing. That's how I like it. GOSH.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: RAGER on November 28, 2011, 05:38:03 PM
If you didn't already know, it is Italian made in the 70's made by EKO and sounds similar to an AC 30.  that's about all I could figure out.  I've read about other Italian amps like these on and Orange forum cuz they kinda look like and Orange/Matamp on the outside.

Can ya link me up to these threads, 'mac, amp, orange' all aren't great search terms.

RAGER

There's and vintage Orange amp forum on Plexi Palace's Vintage Amps Forum,  then there's the actual Orange Amps forum.  Pretty easy to find.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Chovie D

you bought that crap instead of a pedal steel?  :(

RAGER

What the Shit???

BRVTLSCOOPED4LYFE!!!!11
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

The Guitar was given to me permanently, and the Dual rec is mine for an indefinite period of time while my buddy is doing his time in the service.

FREE.

Still, acquired new gear.

EDIT: The dual rec's treble knob is more of a mid-shift knob, than a treble knob, this amp actually sounds more or less awesome for what it is...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hashbrowns

Nice sunn. I love jacksons for shredding it up. Haters hate but mesa's are great amps for tight chugs and really searing lead tones. Plus I don't know much about rectifiers but I know that mark 4's and 5's actually sound good with really mid boosted tone. Gives gnarly palm mutes.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

Discö Rice

There's nothing wrong with rectos if you EQ them properly.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on December 01, 2011, 12:48:21 PM
The Guitar was given to me permanently, and the Dual rec is mine for an indefinite period of time while my buddy is doing his time in the service.

FREE.

Still, acquired new gear.

EDIT: The dual rec's treble knob is more of a mid-shift knob, than a treble knob, this amp actually sounds more or less awesome for what it is...

jake, i'm at work so i can't see the pictures, but just wait until your father Hemi gets home young man.

actually, i remember back in the day folks saying to keep the treble knob low and using the presence knob as your highs. i like dual recs and single recs. all the triple recs in the world need to be put on a cargo plane with nickelback and blown up.

Chovie D

the amp sounds good, ive seen Chris spencer play one and Tad Doyle, both sounded brootal

justinhedrick

Quote from: Chovie D on December 01, 2011, 01:00:53 PM
the amp sounds good, ive seen Chris spencer play one and Tad Doyle, both sounded brootal

both of those guys could probably make gorilla practice amps sound awesome.

VOLVO)))

I like it, but I don't think I'd buy one. I can definitely still do pinch harmonics and shit, though. It's really fun playing Immortal songs, and old Death tunes, again.

If I were to buy a high gain amp, it'd probably be a VHT/Fryette.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

Even the triple rectos can sound good if you get one of the early ones (and like I said, EQ them properly).

David Knudson played a Dual when he was in Botch.

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

VOLVO)))

apparently floyds don't stay in tune when you bend more than one string.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on December 01, 2011, 04:50:18 PM

yes, floating trems suck.

VOLVO)))

I can still sweep pick, and play retarded leads.

Black metal all night.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Chovie D

not really a problem unless your playin country. otherwise the slight detuning sounds kinda  cool...like hendrix on voodoo chile.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Chovie D on December 01, 2011, 05:29:41 PM

not really a problem unless your playin country. otherwise the slight detuning sounds kinda  cool...like hendrix on voodoo chile.

That's where it's bending me outta tune, haha. These country bends in metal leads sound so awesome though.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

Dude in Laudnaum play a Recto and they're better than my band and most of the other bands on here. I certainly can't get good tone out of them and neither do most others but that doesn't mean that a few can't do it.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

blackkrosses

Quote from: Discö Rice on December 01, 2011, 03:59:53 PM
Even the triple rectos can sound good if you get one of the early ones (and like I said, EQ them properly).

David Knudson played a Dual when he was in Botch.

wow, I had no idea. I could never get into that later hardcore stuff because of how macho is sounds and the modern high-gain guitar tone. but Botch seemed to be the exception because the guitar didn't seem to sound like killer bees and they could riff.
I fiddled with a triple rec for a couple of hours and got ONE sound I could use and it didn't make up for the price tag. musta been turning the knobs wrong I guess.

fallen

I've played plenty of amps like that. 50 knobs and only one usable tone. Or one good tube channel then another shitty solid state channel added on for more selling features.

By the way I finally cleaned up all the wiring in that Explorer I posted a couple of pages ago and found a short on the lead going to the input jack. Now that it's all wired properly the Gibson 500T pickup in it sounds amazing. Now thinking about removing the cover and all the wax off the stock Epiphone neck pickup for the fun of it.

Metal and Beer

Mesa RectumFryers (© Chovie, Inc. All Rights Reserved) get a bad rap but they're really versatile and with enough fiddlin' can sound pretty much any way you see (hear) fit. I used to scoff at 'em until I spent time with a few...

Jake0))), you didn't know that about floating bridge bullshits? You probably did and I just missed the sarcasm...
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

VOLVO)))

Oh, I knew, I just never played like I play now on a guitar with a floating trem, haha. I used to not bend at all, now I bend full step and beyond all the fuckin' time.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

fallen

Somebody should make a tiny pedal that does that Floyd Rose flutter effect when you tap it so you can run a fixed bridge and still get that sound on leads.