Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeprod

Found this yamaha at the pawn shop. 185 was too good to pass up. All original and just enough of a beater for my taste. Pretty sweet guitar. Not as nice as my 79 ibanez but I may sell my sg now because I don't like accumulating things that are not being used
CV - Slender Fungus

mortlock

killer score on the Yamaha..nice guitar..insane price.

Instant Dan

I have that same cab, Hayseed. It's a Marshall killer.

Lip

Scored an Orange 4.12 today off of C-list - its one of the stereo Thunderverb cabs with the G12K100s in it.. 2 months old... $625 - woot.
Im on the fence about putting the speakers from my Avatar in it - private jacks and g12h30s....hrmmm. I had a very similar cab years ago - i got it from muleboy... handled my svt at small club volumes easily... choices
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

Jake

Those speaks were too "woofy" for me. I ended up putting in one WGS G12H30 clone and one V30 and left the 100s on the bottom. Now the 100's big lows are a nice compliment to them and blend in pretty seamlessly.
poop.

Lip

I was wondering about that... but because of the huge handling disparity between the pjs or the 30s and the the k100s - i was afraid that I wouldn't be pushing the k100s hard enough... I like the idea of the tighter bass response... and with the mid-barky pjs... I thought it might be a nice combo... I gotta decide by sunday.. cuz sluggo is gonna help me swap em out then
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

Slugfuct

Quote from: Lip on July 19, 2013, 12:54:13 AM
I was wondering about that... but because of the huge handling disparity between the pjs or the 30s and the the k100s - i was afraid that I wouldn't be pushing the k100s hard enough... I like the idea of the tighter bass response... and with the mid-barky pjs... I thought it might be a nice combo... I gotta decide by sunday.. cuz sluggo is gonna help me swap em out then

I wouldn't worry so much about the handling as much as the sensitivity of the 100's. The PJ's and G12H30's are fairly close (101db & 100db respectively) so they mix nicely and not one speaker dominates.

Looks like the G12K's come in @ 99db so they are a bit lower, if I'm combining different speakers I usually don't go more than 1db difference in sensitivity unless i want the desired effect of having 1 speaker "warm" up the sound (still not a big fan of that but that's just me). Honestly, the only time I've really noticed a difference is in the 3db difference range, for example a Greenback 97db and G12H30 anniversary model 100db, the GB's add to the sound but the G12H's really dominate the sound and mix and it's just not a sound I like out of a single cab.

You could prob get away with pairing either the PJ's or G12H's with the 100's but I like that combo on their own (as you know Lip). Not a big fan of the 100's at all really, but I can def see the practicality of being able to use it for bass as well.
I'm gonna ravage your cabbage with my sauerkraut habits

nightterrors

Yeesh, don't even remember the last time I was on here!

Here's what our jam space looked like when we first moved in before we got kicked out for noise complaints.

1974 Hiwatt DR103
70'S Marshall 4x12
70's Hiwatt 4x12 w/ Fanes
1968 Marshall Major
90's Ampeg 8x10
1975 Orange OR120
1998 Green Matamp Legend 120 MVU
70's Peavey 2x15
70's Acoustic 450
90's? Peavey VTM
70's Peavey 4x12
80's Mesa D108 (in the gator case)
70's Marshall 4x12 with 70's Celestions from a 70's Orange 4x12
74' Slingerland kit

Major is gone, VTM is gone, Mesa is gone, Peavey 412 is gone, OR120 is gone and I can't remember what else.

my buddy got a 70's Vistalite kit for cheap for a bit... sold it quick because it was pretty scary and kind of beat up.

This was my rig. |
                       V

Just sold the 75' OR120 for $1700 and bought a 76' Hiwatt DR201 for $1700.

Jake

Cool stuff. I bet you're deaf now. I would be.

$7 worth of inlay stickers really classed up my Jazz Bass. They look nice and seem sturdy too.

poop.

Lip

Mr. Foxen

VOLVO)))

Does this mean i get a sweet deal on a Klipp?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bbottom

I picked up a Sting Ray a few weeks back.

Actually I first bought a Sterling (real one) for an amazing price, and then traded it for the Sting Ray. The Sterling was in much better shape, but I prefer a chunkier neck.

The Riffer

You fuckers making amp gas hit. Cut that shit out.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Lip

I want one of those SS 200s - I need a bass amp.

Mr. Foxen

Probably be ages before I et to them, plus need everyone to realise vintage 200w heads are just not coming on to the market any more. I have a working Hiwatt 200 PA, £1000, to go now, the Sound Citys won't be less than that when done.

Lip

So... then.. I can't have it then.. I take it.

jibberish

ya, bonus. found this H-2 looking for other stuff. this little fucker does pretty good, especially outside, like cars going by and have it exactly perpendicular to the street to get the stereo mic shit going . they give you some software...sounds nice and digital quiet....
a real musician would have this on his keychain ijs heh

jibberish

Quote from: Jake on July 21, 2013, 11:26:56 AM
Cool stuff. I bet you're deaf now. I would be.

$7 worth of inlay stickers really classed up my Jazz Bass. They look nice and seem sturdy too.

idk seriously, it looks like tape, especially since they aren't dead nuts machine square, neither the pieces themselves, nor the exact positioning wrt machine aligned frets.  hate me if you want. I see slightly misaligned and misshapen pieces of tape. you want classy, uhhhhh....you went the wrong direction...trying to help, like telling a dude his fly is down, not gay, trying to save the dude.

Jake

They're not misaligned, it's the angle of the shot and also the thickness of the low 135 guage B string.

I don't care and certainly I don't hate you. But realize every time you dive into whatever babbling rant de jour, it just makes you more of an irritating asshole. And one incapable of expressing himself in less than a half dozen or so rambling paragraphs.

Just trying to help. Like trying to tell a dude his fly is down.
poop.

jibberish

eh I had a cute smartass answer, but that wont help..

I call it the way I see it.
so grats, now you own the most awesome looking basement of ever and the most crappy looking tape job of ever.  1st fret looks like a sweatband or something. and not paralleling the strings jars the eye as it moves up the neck

That truly looks like shit.  I hope I didn't ramble.

Jake

That's a good start. Let's see just how long you can go without posting some inane, manifesto-length, pseudo informed horseshit. I'll set the over/under at five posts. 

Now if you just had the ability to ratchet down the asshole quotient, you'd almost (almost) not be so reviled.
poop.

moose23

They look perfectly straight to me.

Lip

10 bucks on the under...

taylo)))r

Picked up an Evil Twin last night....scorching.

(insert interesting quote)