Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

Geeze. More than I'd ever want. Mostly because nobody could ever keep up with it, pretty much no matter what rig they brought to the table.

RAGER, lemme get that Randall plx.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ancient

I'll take that as a complement hahaha  ;D

I do know quite a few people that live near me that could keep up though, and some that are even louder.  :o

VOLVO)))

Yet none of them are bassists.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 30, 2013, 10:18:12 AM
Geeze. More than I'd ever want. Mostly because nobody could ever keep up with it, pretty much no matter what rig they brought to the table.

RAGER, lemme get that Randall plx.

It's been in the family too long.  My buddy bought it brand new with the matching cab that has the og Randall Jag 85 watters in it (which are killer speakers and a super low end sounding cab all together).  He bought them in '89 I think for his Hair Band that never did anything.  Stored at his parents house for about 8 years, got hard up for dough so I bought the cab and head from him for $300.  Still have both and can't seem to part with them.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

That Guild is way too purty for your stinkin' mug.

(Or mine, too, for that matter.)
poop.

VOLVO)))

It is practically unplayable. Quarter inch action at the 12th fret. Im gonna sit on it until i man up and fix it.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ancient

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 30, 2013, 10:55:42 AM

One of them is but he's all ready in a band..... He's running 2 4x15's and 2 6x12's with two 300w heads.  :'(

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Ancient

Wowzers  :o That finish is awesome! Is that a short scale?

The Bandit

JemDooM

Ancient your set up blows me away, wow!
DooM!

Jake

Quote from: Ancient on September 30, 2013, 12:13:50 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on September 30, 2013, 10:55:42 AM

One of them is but he's all ready in a band..... He's running 2 4x15's and 2 6x12's with two 300w heads.  :'(

That guy's name better be John Fucking Entwistle, or else that's pretty silly. Well, that or else you're playing outdoor amphitheaters without a PA.
poop.

the_brow

Tried out the new cabs today...along with the old one too.  Sounded huge.

Ancient

Quote from: JemDooM on September 30, 2013, 05:56:07 PM
Ancient your set up blows me away, wow!

Thanks!!!  :D If you ever make it over to this side of the pond your more than welcome to give it a run through.

Quote from: Jake on September 30, 2013, 06:25:03 PMThat guy's name better be John Fucking Entwistle, or else that's pretty silly. Well, that or else you're playing outdoor amphitheaters without a PA.

Nope, but some here may know him as BeeBassDude. Including the person I'm gonna quote below.  ;) But he uses the full rig no matter what the size of the venue is, from outdoor events to tiny bars. I can definitely say hes dedicated.

Quote from: the_brow on September 30, 2013, 11:31:26 PM
Tried out the new cabs today...along with the old one too.  Sounded huge.

Looking good dude!!!!!  :o I'm trying to get Adam to build me a 4x12 and 2x15, but I gotta wait till he gets settled in NYC first.  :'(

dunwichamps

Quote from: Lip on September 25, 2013, 03:33:27 AM
What does one of your builds go for Nick? For instance - a 200 watt bass build - roughly anyhow?

2k+ give or take

James1214

Picking up a blue glitter tuck and roll Kustom 315 tomorrow.

Muahahahahahahahaha
words

VOLVO)))

I'm probably going to have Gentry from Eagle Twin make me one of this Hex guitars.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Corey Y

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 01, 2013, 09:44:09 PM
I'm probably going to have Gentry from Eagle Twin make me one of this Hex guitars.

He makes guitars too? I've seen the cabs and one head, didn't seem clear if it was an actual build or just a modded Model-T.

JemDooM

That sentence made me really horny :x

I messaged Gentry the other day after about 3 hours of drooling over Hex and Eagle Twin, oh what I'd give to have one of those amps. Its him and his drummer that custom build heads and cabs, I think its whatever people want, I've read that there's a model T clone. I wouldnt be surprised if they've started doing guitars and pedals, I know Gentry rewired his guitar so its kind of like a mutant guitar bass, and the drummer made a 'phase waver' pedal for using loads of amps which apparently SunnO))) now use. If I lived in the US he'd be my first choice, the Eagle Twin tone is unbelievable....
DooM!

Ancient

Quote from: Corey Y on October 02, 2013, 12:46:14 PM

He makes guitars too? I've seen the cabs and one head, didn't seem clear if it was an actual build or just a modded Model-T.

This is the only HEX guitar I've seen and it was a joint venture with EGC I believe.

And from what I remember the Heads are pretty much exact Model T clones.

Everything from products to music from Eagle Twin / HEX is just fucking amazing.

Corey Y

I like that the guy from Eagle Twin's custom guitar is inspired by the Eagle body design. My Drake Custom bass has a similar visual inspiration on the body style.

Ancient

I know right, I love irony.

Corey Y

Now if it was a dual neck guitar/bass eagle body, you could call it an Eagle...twin?