Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

xayk

Had a need for a lower wattage head, figured, why not me? Now I need a nice 2x12. Anyone?

Also got a '74 Gibson EB-3L bass that a) had it's lower bout destroyed and re-glued and b) got re-wired for a single tone, single volume. And it it kinda needs a bridge. And it sounds like warm doom itself and I love it.

And I got a bolt-on 70's Epi acoustic that needed a shim, bridge adjustment, fret job, and new strings, and now sounds just awesome.

And I'll probably pick up an EQD Arpanoid soon because I have an 8-bit project that could use it.

And I got a new black denim jacket to make into a BR00TAL vest for MDF and Gilead Fest. So. That's all my new stuff.

black aspirin

The Box of Metal arrived in the mail yesterday; bought it brand-new off eBay.  Today, I picked up the Tech 21 OD from a dude on Craigslist for $80.  So far, I'm really happy with both purchases.  Had some really cool tones going tonight.

This Juan goes to 11.

RAGER

I've never owned any zvex pedals.  Glad you're diggin it.  Should prolly get a super hard on.  Heard the dude say once about the name "they're super hard on you amp"  :D
No Focus Pocus

dogfood

Got the Strymon El Capistan in the mail the other day.  A+.  I don't have the means to make a recording properly right now so this is a fair representation.

Problem solving whiskey!

RAGER

Hall of Fame found it's way onto my board today by way of CL.  $90 NIB.  Who else has cat hair on their board?

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Been in heavy GAS mode for a few weeks, I think it's winding down. I still daydream about the perfect delay that is loaded with features, inexpensive and tiny. But that delay doesn't exist, and I'm fine with the delays I have. There's a lot of cool delays out now, but I don't want to spend that kind of money.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

I also just Flashback on Sunday.  That delay seems to do as many things as the El Capistan but I only paid $123 on amazon instead of $300 for the El Cap.  Some of these TC pedals have Tone Print.  Both  pedals I bought have this.  You can download onto the pedal via an usb port (yes the pedal has a usb port) specific settings from renowned players.  Not why I bought them and I probably won't really use that function.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/flashback-delay/toneprints/
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Hall of Fame and Flashback def. look good, I just was overwhelmed with so many choices (and wanted to go as cheap as reasonably possible). i got a Verbzilla and decided not to spend money on another delay (I have a DL4 it's just huge and heavy, but I can use it). Maybe I will sell the DL4 at some point and go smaller.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

dogfood

I had a DL4 and wasn't especially in love with the sound.  I, like Sunno))), left it on tube echo setting as that was the best, to my ears, had it to offer.  I figured I'd just go ahead and dole out the cash for something I would'nt want to upgrade later since I kind of regretted the DL4.  And, the dude selling the Malekko 616 never responded to me.  Not even a sold email. 
Problem solving whiskey!

VOLVO)))

My dl4 was keeley'd and I still couldn't get into it. Those huge multi setting pedals bum me out. Too many features, not enough controls.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

it sounds like el capistan is a slightly different featured delay than the standard setup.   my impression is that it is a tape echo box emulator. even having tape fuck up effects like crinkle and wow and flutter. very slick, very subtle.    

I could see having a psychoblaster delay like a malekko or memory lane and that el cap.

el capitan for some serious vintage constructions, like ballady surf music or something vintage psych sounding.

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

jibberish

rager, were you saying you didn't want your malekko anymore?...I saw it on your board there and that reminded me...

RAGER

Nope. Never said that sorry. Love that pedal.
No Focus Pocus

Volume

Gotta say, it's an awesome pedal.

The Riffer

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Volume

No, thank YOU for talking me into getting the Coven. I really dig the BF side.

Jake

BF = Butt Fuck?

(Please say yes.)
poop.

The Riffer

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Andrew Blakk

Found an old fuzz by Reaper pedals. Supposed to be a DAM Meathead clone.

Instant Dan

I wonder how many of those blues loy-yers feel about the DAM Meathead now compared to when it first came out.

liquidsmoke

Peavey Rock Master tube preamp from Music Go Round. Came UPS 2 days after I ordered it. Into the SS power amp of my little bass head it's very tight sounding loud and it has just enough of a tube vibe. Sounds really good and very similar to my Amptweaker TightMetal pedal. I partly bought it for the clean channel which I will need to get a specific switch to use but with it's own 'ultra gain' distortion up all the way I think it has just enough dirt. Will use next practice. Ordering a switch tonight. Kind of sounds like a Mesa Studio but at half the cost.