Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: dunwichamps on March 13, 2012, 10:16:06 AM
Quote from: Mr. Foxen on March 13, 2012, 10:14:30 AM

whats up with that sucker?

Hoping it works. Fairly straight up guitar preamp, except with Burman style circuitry, will do gutshots later when its having its cleanup.

eddiefive10

Quote from: Clydesdale on March 13, 2012, 10:39:25 AM
Quote from: SunnO))) on March 12, 2012, 01:58:05 PM

I think Im sick.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Yeah i got a HD130. Sweet amp really. Fucking loud, enjoys all sorts of pedals. Cheap as chips when compared to other valve amps. Perhaps its the solid state preamp that keeps them affordable? Either way classic amp for me.

What is that Eminar thingy???

sorry shit picture!

VOLVO)))

Jumpin' the channels works?! That's ridiculous.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

fallen

Jumping the channels works, I have a Music Man Sixty-Five, but figuring out the EQ settings gets a bit counter intuitive.

One tone section will tend to cancel the other one out. Like if you want to scoop your mids set one pre-amp basically flat and then crank the mid control on the other pre-amp to 10.

Extreme tone settings will just cancel those frequencies out when you use both channels. If you crank them both they just fight each other.

Works really great with an A/B box for loud/soft or also cool for coming out of a delay and having reverb and/or vibrato on the echos while the dry stays dry. (On the combo or tall head version).

Mr. Foxen

Corey Y

Hey, look who just showed up...

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Corey Y on March 15, 2012, 06:07:24 PM
Hey, look who just showed up...

Oh, you cunt!

I Hate you, but love you.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

not exactly the newest but...

Merc Model T OT, and a Classic Tone 240W OT

xayk

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on March 15, 2012, 05:43:14 PM

I am in a constant state of amazement at your new gear acquisitions.  Just a general 'kudos' slash 'weeping.'

I've got a bead on a Traynor YBA-1 to enjoy/mod the shit out of, maybe a Sunn 412L.  If I post tomorrow between 6 and 7pm EST, you'll know I'm a happy man.

VOLVO)))

and a functioning les paul if YOU EVER SEND IT!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Oli always a busy boy with those amps

The Riffer

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

dunwichamps

Quote from: The Riffer on March 15, 2012, 10:32:16 PM

i forgot to ask but on your cabs you said mahogany front? The side wood is then the same as guitar? is it maple or something else

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

riffer wants a JCM800 to keep that black company... :D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

Mahogany fronts cut from same slab as the guitar. Sides and back are standard Emperor issue birch, stained the same color as the guitar.

I do want the 800. It will keep my SLP company.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

VOLVO)))

Gimme a holler, we'll work somethin' out. Message me on facebook/here/whatever if you're serious. I'll clean her and polish it up for ya.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

Gotta get through Unca Scam putting his hand in my pocket first. After taxes are paid, I can get back on the horse. Don't hold it for me, but if its around when I get some flowage, it'll be mine.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

VOLVO)))

Quote from: The Riffer on March 15, 2012, 11:29:09 PM
Gotta get through Unca Scam putting his hand in my pocket first. After taxes are paid, I can get back on the horse. Don't hold it for me, but if its around when I get some flowage, it'll be mine.

You have until May... 20th! Id rather you get it...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Corey Y

Quote from: SunnO))) on March 15, 2012, 08:31:08 PM
Oh, you cunt!

I Hate you, but love you.

$900 shipped as well, which I think was none too shabby. Now I just need to sell my SC120, Ampeg SS-150 and a couple odds and ends, so I can afford another 8x10. I was going to sell my amber hog Reverend Volcano too, but I started playing it again after a guy who was going to buy it flaked and I'm falling back in love with it.

VOLVO)))

Little Church of Misery... a little Om, a lot of shitty bass playing.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hayseed

Picking up a Marshall 1960 B JCM 900 series to match my 1960 A JCM900 series on Monday.  $250 i couldn't pass it up!
Probably gonna sell my 1960 A lead series cab and my Marshall JCM2000 TSL head. I think the LAney AOR 100 is winning the coin toss!
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Clydesdale

Quote from: eddiefive10 on March 13, 2012, 02:14:52 PM
Quote from: Clydesdale on March 13, 2012, 10:39:25 AM
Quote from: SunnO))) on March 12, 2012, 01:58:05 PM

I think Im sick.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Yeah i got a HD130. Sweet amp really. Fucking loud, enjoys all sorts of pedals. Cheap as chips when compared to other valve amps. Perhaps its the solid state preamp that keeps them affordable? Either way classic amp for me.

What is that Eminar thingy???

sorry shit picture!

"That Eminar thingy"

I've tried so hard over the years on these forums and the old one not to say much about the old Eminars.
But im a bit drunk talkative,  anyway if you dont already know Eminar (amongst others)is a classic Aussie valve amp company from the 70's. They have an amazing reputation and have featured on some of the best Aussie recordings from the 70s through to now.
This particular one is a 100w PA. 5 channels all with a slightly different voice. PURE burley clean valve tone that loves any pedal. My meathead, green muff, ggg tuned fuzz and rams head, byoc rat all sound amazing through it! It has no problem sitting in with model T's, soundcity amps, laneys etc..
I also got two channels modded to a superlead style tone, with the Eminar flavour.
For my sludge drone rig I run my Soundcity with my orange cab and ggg tuned fuzz or byoc rat and my Eminar stack with my meathead or green muff. The other guitarist uses a couple of model t's to very useful effect. As a band we collect Eminars and just fucking love them. I got the first one about 8 years ago and now we got about six between us.

In my other band I use the Soundcity and the Musicman together and this is also really sweet.

RAGER

I kinda thought that thing was some kinda graphic EQ
No Focus Pocus

Clydesdale

Its got a master volume and the normal channels have vol bass and treble. However there is two round knobs on the channel with the superlead mod, gain and mids