Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riffer

Quote from: the diddler on June 19, 2012, 10:45:07 AM

well, whaddaya think of it?  I've got one on the way also......
Yours shipped Mike, should be there in a couple of days. Let us know what you think.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

the diddler

rayinreverse

I should hopefully be picking up a 72 reissue Tele in shoreline gold tonight.

showdown

New guitar and new pickups, Squier VM Tele with Bareknuckle Warpigs.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tombhex

Quote from: showdown on June 20, 2012, 05:35:55 AM
New guitar and new pickups, Squier VM Tele with Bareknuckle Warpigs.

awesome.

56Merc

Quote from: 56Merc on March 23, 2012, 03:30:30 PM
Quote from: bitter on March 23, 2012, 01:27:08 PM
Quote from: Jake on March 23, 2012, 12:55:17 PM
Goddamn. That Scarlett is one firebreathing motherfuck. I'd love to hear one all up close and personal like.

Agreed. If it has that clarity and saturation in person, it's a real winner in my book.

That it does.  When I was playing it you can tell it cuts through everything while keeping its low end balls.  I thought one of the coolest things is how easy and responsive the feedback/overtones are to control

Finally getting around to posting a pic of my Screamer 70.  Paul at Scarlett Amplification matched it up perfect with the Orange cab.  This thing is a beast!

Pissy

Yard sale find.  $50.

I haven't played it yet, because a buddy of mine did the recon on the deal.  Was at the yard sale, saw it, sent me these pics, said it was $50 and I said pick it up.  Even if didn't work I figure it was worth $50.

Turns out the tubes and speakers are original, and it works and he tells me it sounds incredible. 

Harmony H303a  8 watts or so.  Original Jensen speaker.
Vinyls.   deal.

dunwichamps

Jake

Wow, that's purdy. Is it me (or the angle of the photo), but does the string angle from the tailpiece to the bridge look pretty shallow?
poop.

clockwork green

Flying V's are for LGBTQIA's.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Jake

Ha! Only the clear ones that act as a magnifying glass for crotches.

(insert winkie thing here)
poop.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Jake on June 24, 2012, 08:31:32 PM
Wow, that's purdy. Is it me (or the angle of the photo), but does the string angle from the tailpiece to the bridge look pretty shallow?

honestly not sure, haven't physically played it, have to go see builder

clockwork green

Quote from: Jake on June 25, 2012, 12:02:33 AM

I have no idea what you're talking about. My V is about as heterosexual as Burt Reynolds making out with two more Burt Reynolds!

bitter

Quote from: clockwork green on June 25, 2012, 01:34:47 AM
Quote from: Jake on June 25, 2012, 12:02:33 AM

I have no idea what you're talking about. My V is about as heterosexual as Burt Reynolds making out with two more Burt Reynolds!

Burtriangle
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Jake

If I was a pedalsmith, my obligatory Big Muff clone would be the Burtriangle Muff.

Bet belee dat!
poop.

clockwork green

I love it when guitars really show off the grain and details of the wood.  I also like really thin finishes that let the guitar resonate naturally, plus it just feels better to the hand. 

Corey Y

The baritone V is looking good. The grain on that walnut really pops.

dunwichamps

thanks when I get it in my hands Ill grab some more pics. I dont have it yet but I am meeting builder soon. The pics of the strung unit dont give much view on how the string angle is so Ill get that when I am actually playing the guitar.

ryansummit

picked up the vox delaylab
gonna bring it down to the space in a few minutes
i havent been this exited since reagan got elected

Pundan

bitter

Nice! what SD model is in the bridge position?
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

the diddler

that Orville is fookin' HOTTT!!  never see those around here.  not even gold hardware can kill the sex of a black custom.  congrats!

Pundan

Quote from: bitter on June 26, 2012, 04:43:49 PM
Nice! what SD model is in the bridge position?
It's an SH4 which I plan on to swap for a Super Distortion DP100.

Quote from: the diddler on June 26, 2012, 11:51:27 PM
that Orville is fookin' HOTTT!!  never see those around here.  not even gold hardware can kill the sex of a black custom.  congrats!
Thanks man! If you guys seriously are in to lawsuit guitars I recommend checking out the seller chingo123 on eBay. I bought this guitar from him, and I've also bought a Tokai Silver Star in the past. That dude is seriously in to this stuff and he doesn't overcharge either. He has a white Orville Custom up for grabs as well.

This guitar was built in 1995. I paid 800$ for the guitar and that included shipping to Sweden from Japan within 3-4 days.

Metal and Beer

+1 on that sexy Orville. Maybe it was the same seller but I saw a white Custom on EBay a few months ago for 900 bucks, I shoulda pulled the trigger then...
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"