Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryansummit

if it helps my street cred the most expensive thing that i traded for it cost $100
fuck it why do i care, IM RICH BITCH
my daddys OLD OIL $$$, and my muhmah is a Kennedy
that said

hemi
with the 15s for guitar do you run them off a bass  or a guitar head
been messin around spliitn into a bass combo w/octave , just real farty at high vols

Hemisaurus

Well, I'm a bass player y'know, but playing with a buddy, running his Peavey Classic 50 into a single 15, strat into my kilt fuzz into the clean channel, sounded very good guitar tone.

So guitar head, to answer your question succintly ;)

Though bass cab.

Also used to run a Laney AOR into a Fender 215 cab with a pair of Earth 15"s, for our old guitarist.

bass sic

Quote from: ryansummit on September 20, 2012, 09:20:02 PM
ive been busting my ass to keep up with you guys
i thought this place was emperor heavy
now i feel like im comin across like a rich dick
im still not payin my bills
the loots just not goin in my arm anymore
im fuckin poor as shit i swear
and i got the emperor from a friend in trade($345 in total)
whats the quote new?

Hey ya rich dick, I don't think they want their quotes going public, as there always different depending probably on demand. But I can say it was around the price of an ampeg 8x10 on sale.

VOLVO)))

I wish I had an Emperor... I can't even afford to build my own cabs, and I have all the fucking material...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 20, 2012, 11:48:10 PM
I wish I had an Emperor... I can't even afford to build my own cabs, and I have all the fucking material...
???

Quote from: bass sic on September 20, 2012, 11:07:01 PM
Hey ya rich dick, I don't think they want their quotes going public, as there always different depending probably on demand. But I can say it was around the price of an ampeg 8x10 on sale.
Makes me think of Albini, calling out other producers who won't make their rates public. I mean WTF they're not magic, they just look nice.

bass sic

Shit my bad. I went and re-read the quote, sober this time. I asked about an unloaded 2x12 and they said 475. Which ain't too bad. Closer to 600 loaded with webers. Then there's greenback options, two tone finish options. I don't know where I got my original impression from.

MichaelZodiac

A loaded Emperor 412 sets you back about 825 dollars. At least, that was the quote on the one reviewed in Premier Guitar.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Hemisaurus

Weber make cabinets, as well as speakers ;)

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 20, 2012, 11:48:10 PM

so you can't afford to pay yourself to do it?

i need to have an amp company in town make me a custom head shell for my VTM 60.

grimniggzy

I need a headshell & at least a cord replacement on a Beta Lead.
& I have a few other heads that need to go to the doctor. :-\

Hemisaurus

Would Analog Outfitters do it?

There's a guy, I think local to here, just getting in to head cab building, let me find his details.

QuoteHi all,

After rebuilding a couple of amp cabinets now, I'm starting get a real feel for this. That being said, I'm willing to try my hand at this as a job on the side. Right now, I'm gonna stick with smaller combos or heads, say like Blues Juniors, Valve Juniors, Kalamazoos, Valcos and such combos. Bandmasters, Special 6's, and a variety of bass heads you might otherwise put in a rack case in terms of heads.

Also, I can convert smaller combos into head/cabs if you like. I just did this with my little Peavey Vypyr 15. tube or solid state...doesn't matter.

If you have an amp that you would like to look spruced up (forgive the pun), send me a text with measurements of existing cab, chassis, and desired speaker configuration, and I can give you a quote.

217-741-7183

Dunno if a VTM60 would be too big for him.

Here's his website, for his band and shit, you can find more contact info there, maybe some pics of what he's done.

http://www.hawkeyekane.com/

grimniggzy

Actually, anybody know of a way you'd be able to rack Beta's?

Hemisaurus

What size are they? You might be able to by generic rack ears and bolt them to the side, or spot weld them?

Skip that, read the manual, they are 24 1/2" wide, so no way to fit that in a 19" rack, unless you had a custom chassis made and transferred the boards.

grimniggzy

thanks Hemi. oh well, i'll probably work on a shell with my dad.

grimniggzy

I originally had ideas for a plexiglass headcase but that shit is far too expensive.

Hemisaurus

Couldn't you make some kind of clamshell out of either wood, or folded sheet metal? It looks like you just need a bottom and sides, from the manual. I keep wanting to do that with this little bass head I have in a way too clunky shell, just get a folded piece of steel for the top and sides and stick some rubber feet on.

grimniggzy

hrrmmm. interesting idea. i'll have to explore this further.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 21, 2012, 10:09:14 AM
Would Analog Outfitters do it?

There's a guy, I think local to here, just getting in to head cab building, let me find his details.

QuoteHi all,

After rebuilding a couple of amp cabinets now, I'm starting get a real feel for this. That being said, I'm willing to try my hand at this as a job on the side. Right now, I'm gonna stick with smaller combos or heads, say like Blues Juniors, Valve Juniors, Kalamazoos, Valcos and such combos. Bandmasters, Special 6's, and a variety of bass heads you might otherwise put in a rack case in terms of heads.

Also, I can convert smaller combos into head/cabs if you like. I just did this with my little Peavey Vypyr 15. tube or solid state...doesn't matter.

If you have an amp that you would like to look spruced up (forgive the pun), send me a text with measurements of existing cab, chassis, and desired speaker configuration, and I can give you a quote.

217-741-7183

Dunno if a VTM60 would be too big for him.

Here's his website, for his band and shit, you can find more contact info there, maybe some pics of what he's done.

http://www.hawkeyekane.com/

analog outfitters is going to be build me a 2x15 cab and matching headshell for the vtm 60 out of old organ tone cabinet wood. it is going to be awesome.

moose23

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 20, 2012, 09:38:59 PM
Yeah you're a rich dick, I've never spent more than $150 on a cab ;)

I've got a quantity over quality policy ;D

Is that a 215D? Don't suppose you have the dimensions handy? Or any other old 215 cab/port dimensions? Really need to box up these two Celestion Truvoxs I have here.

Hemisaurus

215D? Those are Peavey 2x15's on top and at the side, an EV T-18 at the end and a pair of Sunn 118RH's

I have a multitude of designs, but if you're just wanting a ported box, use WinISD and get the proper dimensions and port lengths for your speakers.

or if you can't be arsed with WinISD, Celestion's handy guide is here.

moose23

Sorry forgot to reply to this, 215D is the model number for the Peaveys if they're 18" deep rather than 13". I know the speakers sound good in that cab so it'd be nice to compare the WinISD results with Peavey's port design. Actually even if they're the shallower cab it'd still be nice to compare them.

I'd also love to see the port design for the Sunn 215B with the slot port down the side.

grimniggzy

Quote from: moose23 on September 25, 2012, 06:20:10 AM
I'd also love to see the port design for the Sunn 215B with the slot port down the side.

Hey, I have one of these. I'll try to get pics up when I can.

grimniggzy

moose23

Quote from: grimniggzy on September 25, 2012, 10:12:32 AM
found this: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/sunn-215b-restoration-739158/

Yeah seen that one, great pictures but it doesn't have the port dimensions. If you could measure the port width at the front and back and it's depth it'd be amazing.

grimniggzy