Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dong ytown

Mayor of Y-town.

James1214

Picked up my first Tele.

Pretty sweet, Fender body, Dean Zelinsky Z Glide neck. Not certain what the humbucker is (yet). Its wired in the 3 position style of standard, parallel, coil-split. Micro switch doesn't do anything currently.

Painted in "root beer" burst, glittery AF.

words

Stonergrunge

CIOKS 8 Expander Kit power supply:

So far so good, right now everything is exclusively powered by CIOKS.

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Muffin Man

Nice setup! I often wondered about doing that. How's it going with the cioks?

My Keystep Pro has shipped!

Muffin Man

Quote from: James1214 on July 25, 2020, 10:48:19 PM
Picked up my first Tele.

Pretty sweet, Fender body, Dean Zelinsky Z Glide neck. Not certain what the humbucker is (yet). Its wired in the 3 position style of standard, parallel, coil-split. Micro switch doesn't do anything currently.

I haven't looked into the necks, a bit much? But that is, (seriously) a FINE looking specimen - I've clicked for weeks, brah. I hope it sounds good! Don't need no posers!

RAGER

I definitely don't "need" but I've been watching these develop for the last year or so.

https://www.chaseblissaudio.com/shop-pedals/preamp-mkii
No Focus Pocus

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Muffin Man on August 05, 2020, 07:56:32 PM
Nice setup! I often wondered about doing that. How's it going with the cioks?

So far both CIOKS units are amazing and an obvious improvement compared to my previous power supply (T-Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon). The Chameleon features six outputs but only two of them are isolated and shouldn't be used simultaneously, whereas CIOKS DC7 and 8 Expander delivers a total of 15 fully isolated outputs. The Chameleon allows to change the voltage of four outputs from 9 to 12 volts and one output from 9 to 18 volts, the last output is 12 volts AC only. Both CIOKS units can modify the voltage of all outputs from 9, 12, 15 and up to 18 volts. The Chameleon delivers 300mA when using 9 or 12 volts and 150mA when output #4 is set to 18 volts. Both CIOKS units delivers 660mA (9 volts), 500mA (12 volts), 400mA (15 volts) and 330mA (18 volts)... oh, and the DC7 features a 5V USB port so you can charge your phone and the 24V DC output to connect the 8 or 4 Expander. So yes, they're great.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Muffin Man

A wonderful catalog of the instrument - thank you.

James1214

Quote from: Muffin Man on August 05, 2020, 07:58:36 PM
Quote from: James1214 on July 25, 2020, 10:48:19 PM
Picked up my first Tele.

I haven't looked into the necks, a bit much? But that is, (seriously) a FINE looking specimen - I've clicked for weeks, brah. I hope it sounds good! Don't need no posers!
I honestly really like the neck, it's comfortable to play and feels thin. I think the zglide thing is probably a little bit of cork sniffer snake oil bullshit. It sounds great they my 5 watt practice amp, have yet to plug in to anything bigger, as all the big gear is in the studio and I haven't been there since March cuz of the 'rona.

I dig the glittery AF aesthetic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

words

Muffin Man

James1214

Also, it only set me back 300 bones including shipping.

words

words

Lumpy

I love sparkle finishes. But I don't have enough swagger to play one.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

Love sparkle stuff. I had an old PA head that was covered in red sparkle tuck and roll. I used it as my very first bass amp. Eventually traded it for a real bass amp.

James1214

Quote from: Lumpy on August 15, 2020, 11:06:00 PM
I love sparkle finishes. But I don't have enough swagger to play one.
I love playing ridiculous instruments....  I got swagger, but only that 5% larger than average swagger... Definitely not the big dick kind.

words

words

neighbor664

I'd got one of the EH Canyon delay/looper. Mostly because I wanted something with a smaller footprint than my SD Deja Vu or a Memory Man. It works well enough, no surprises. It's one of those multi effect boxes that does many things "so-so", but does no one thing awesome. However my biggest complaint is that it's graphics are almost unreadable. Even close up, in full light, with my reading glasses.

RAGER

I bought this cab last night. I would've bought the amp too if he didn't want to to separate. He also had an early Marshall bottom cab I wanted as a pkg deal but it already sold Dammit.

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

That was probably a square deal, if both were 1200 - how much for just the cab?

RAGER

Exactly what I thought it would be. I thought oh 1200 for both. That means he wants 400 for the cab. Totally doable. So I did. Full Orange stack now.

I really wanted that Marshall cab too. To finish off my Marshall stack. He'll have another one. I bought my top cab from him. The bottom cab was probably 700 no speakers 1200 with I'd bet.

He's had that Marshall cab for a while too.  I just felt like spending money last night.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

That does sound square. Good times.

partner for the grendel

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Muffin Man

mortlock

RAGER

They're engineered to look that way. We had them put in about 4 years ago.

Amps all stacked up. Marshall has a MV and I'm running two 16 ohm Orange cabs into the Ultimate attenuator Into the 8 ohm tap on the 1972 Orange OR120.

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy