Main Menu

what's YOUR band up to?

Started by justinhedrick, July 18, 2011, 09:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

seems like a good place to post this to me!

our band scrapped all of our songs back in october and are working on a new set list. hope to play out towards the end of february.

Hemisaurus

I do that too often, get sick of playing the same shit with 3 or 4 different guitarists, retool and start again. There's a couple of iterations never even made it out live :-\

Discö Rice

My band's looking to start gigging in March. Not sure we're gonna make that deadline, but it'll be close to it. If nothing else we'll fill the dead space between songs with hideous noise.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on January 17, 2012, 11:39:54 AM
I do that too often, get sick of playing the same shit with 3 or 4 different guitarists, retool and start again. There's a couple of iterations never even made it out live :-\

damn it hems, get you a guit-fiddler and lock him in yr basement!

zachoff

Trying out a new drummer tonight!  Hope he works out and ends our 6 month search.

mortlock

Quote from: Discö Rice on January 17, 2012, 11:59:30 AM
My band's looking to start gigging in March. Not sure we're gonna make that deadline, but it'll be close to it. If nothing else we'll fill the dead space between songs with hideous noise.
hey disco..when you get ready for a gig let me know..foot and mouth disease wants to play..maybe we could get bloater on board as well..im trying to string a few dates together in the spring and this would be a great place to start..if you guys are into coming up to my neck of the woods, ill set something up..
whats you new band all about..??

cat shepard

rayinreverse

playing with Yob on Saturday. Pretty stoked.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: justinhedrick on January 17, 2012, 12:00:07 PM

I'm up for most, I think it could be interesting with live electronics, or organ, or whatever, doesn't need to be a guitarist, unfortunately we can't find anyone ::)

last guy never even showed, called me to say that the drive was gonna be too much for him, it's 30 miles, and I was going to him, so wtf?

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on January 17, 2012, 01:41:15 PM
Quote from: justinhedrick on January 17, 2012, 12:00:07 PM

I'm up for most, I think it could be interesting with live electronics, or organ, or whatever, doesn't need to be a guitarist, unfortunately we can't find anyone ::)

last guy never even showed, called me to say that the drive was gonna be too much for him, it's 30 miles, and I was going to him, so wtf?

shit, i drive 30 miles to practice each time . . .

Lumpy

Quote from: rayinreverse on January 17, 2012, 12:57:15 PM
playing with Yob on Saturday. Pretty stoked.

Sweet.

Mortlock I'll play your NYC show. I bet Gabe is down too, just gotta figure out where.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Hemisaurus

Reggae band I used to drive 45 miles for, our singer/guitarist for that band used to come through from Urbana, like 100 miles one way. Nobody is interested in this kind of music, you look at the local board, it's punk or metal for the kids, and crap, and I mean bad, awful, shitty, stinky, fucking crap covers for the grown-ups. Yes please I want to play Nickelback in my declining fucking years, and worship wankers like Van Halen. </bitter> ;)

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on January 17, 2012, 01:58:26 PM
Reggae band I used to drive 45 miles for, our singer/guitarist for that band used to come through from Urbana, like 100 miles one way. Nobody is interested in this kind of music, you look at the local board, it's punk or metal for the kids, and crap, and I mean bad, awful, shitty, stinky, fucking crap covers for the grown-ups. Yes please I want to play Nickelback in my declining fucking years, and worship wankers like Van Halen. </bitter> ;)

i know exactly what you mean.

what was the guys name from urbana? i don't suppose i know him, but maybe . . .

Discö Rice

Quote from: mortlock on January 17, 2012, 12:32:34 PM
hey disco..when you get ready for a gig let me know..foot and mouth disease wants to play..maybe we could get bloater on board as well..im trying to string a few dates together in the spring and this would be a great place to start..if you guys are into coming up to my neck of the woods, ill set something up..

Quote from: Lumpy on January 17, 2012, 01:57:33 PM
Mortlock I'll play your NYC show. I bet Gabe is down too, just gotta figure out where.

Yeah! Definitely! Morty - that band's a two piece, drums/vox & bass/vox . High energy, noisy, heavy.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Zero

Played a bunch of great shows last year: Chopper fest (with Zachoff), Carnage on Larimer, Doomfest, opened for a bunch of fun bands.

Playing with YOB this week, recording a full length in February and playing with Backwoods Payback in March. Bunch of killer tentative shows in the works too. This year should be fun.

Corey Y

Both are writing at the moment. Mental Waste moves a lot faster (in tempo and in progress) than Cold Mourning, we've already got 5 or 6 songs waiting for lyrics, so we'll probably have another release out by summer. We're just starting to jam out songs for Cold Mourning, so I'm sure we probably won't have enough ready to start recording an album until the fall at least.

clockwork green

Nameless, songless and a drummer in too many projects. Aside from that we've got a bunch of riffs I really like and two great musicians to play with.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

RacerX

SANDIA MAN has been working in our new bassist Ramon. He's done 2 shows with us so far, and is doing a great job.
Livin' The Life.

gatorsnot

A389 Records anniversary bash Jan 21.  LP drops Jan 31 on A389 Records.  Junior Bruce - the headless king

A review

http://americanaftermath.net/2012/01/13/review-junior-bruce-the-headless-king/#more-9493

mortlock

Quote from: Discö Rice on January 17, 2012, 04:18:11 PM
Quote from: mortlock on January 17, 2012, 12:32:34 PM

Quote from: Lumpy on January 17, 2012, 01:57:33 PM

Yeah! Definitely! Morty - that band's a two piece, drums/vox & bass/vox . High energy, noisy, heavy.
nice..let me know whe you get a line on something..ill see what i come up with too..

core9

We are in the studio recording our next album, to be released in March or April.

http://cursetheson.bandcamp.com

lordfinesse

Playing with Graveyard and Radio Moscow tonight. We're way excited about it.
Billy Squier 24/7

MichaelZodiac

Quote from: lordfinesse on January 18, 2012, 12:44:48 AM
Playing with Graveyard and Radio Moscow tonight. We're way excited about it.
Congrats! Saw Graveyard when they came through here a couple of months ago. Really great show, they played well over an hour including songs from both albums.

Still in rehearsal mode with my band. For the moment no rehearsals though due to exams. We'll get started again in february. And then hopefully a first show/demorelease in May or June.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Chest Rockwell

er, hallo, long time missing in action person... I started a band, THORUN, with some people i didnt know about a year and a half ago. We did a 1st EP which is free to download, but the tempos and mix on it are out at some points and the tuens aren't completely cohesive or have some filler riffs. We were just getting to know eachother.

Our 2nd EP is far better and I'm happy to put my name to it. We've had really good online reviews and quite a few download and CD sales (yeah like, less than a hundred but that's fine by me!). I think it's a pretty fun easy listen, good to do the dishes to.

We've done about 12 shows now, the last 5 have been pretty much playing the new EP and one old tune. The last 3 shows have been tight as fuck, we have it down now. We have a few shows lined up, we get local offers pretty regularly and usually get a good crowd and a cheer.

im absolutely chomping at the bit to take the music to the next level now, bigger grooves, heavier riffs, more light and dark, move away from any post-rockisms.

our 2nd EP is listenable here...

http://thorun.bandcamp.com/album/chorus-of-giants-ep-new-release
I play bass in THORUN

Facebook  www.facebook.com/Thorunband
Music       www.thorun.bandcamp.com
Youtube   www.youtube.com/user/Thorunband

moose23

Listened to the Thorun stuff a few times now. Great stuff, I hear a bit of Slomatics in there too which is always good in my book. Love that cover artwork too.