Main Menu

Spotify

Started by black_out, July 23, 2011, 11:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black_out

Any of you other dudes on spotify yet? I gotta say, I'm pretty damn impressed. Runs smooth as shit, it's clean and intuitive, and I'm getting it for free at the moment. Not sure how long it's gonna last, but I think I'll actually spring for the $5 a month for unlimited use. As a long time SoulSeek user, I never thought I'd say that.

p.s. I know this probably belongs in gen. disc, but that ain't my bag.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

VOLVO)))

Quote from: black_out on July 23, 2011, 11:40:40 PM

Yeah, who cares, whatever? I'll look at it, it might be neat.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Pundan

I use it all the time while working. (I work with IT infrastructure, servers and switches and so forth so there's much sitting down in sound isolated rooms). I've had it for a year and half or so, but I don't pay for it yet.
Just right now I can live with the ads, and I have never needed more than the 10 hours of music I get for free. But the only reason why I don't pay for it is because there's not that many bands that I'm interested in who's on Spotify. So now I basically load my own MP3s into it along with some free music and I mix that throughout the working day.

black_out

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 23, 2011, 11:46:00 PM
Quote from: black_out on July 23, 2011, 11:40:40 PM

Yeah, who cares, whatever? I'll look at it, it might be neat.

this is me not pretending I care weather or not you check it out or not?
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

clockwork green

Just got it today on my computer and phone. It seems like I'm limited on the size of my playlist on my phone, I was hoping to be able access the whole thing from outside of my home. For songs I don't already have it's great. I can often find a few different versions of some classic songs and it's really fast.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Volume

I've used it a couple of years, haven't started using premium yet though. The catalogue is getting better and better and you can find some pretty obscure bands (like my band, haha). The adds and time limit are annoying, but even if you don't want to pay it's great for looking up stuff. There have been lots of complaints from artists about the royalties though. Apparently you don't get much even if you have a lot of plays.

clockwork green

Yeah, I was surprised to find my band on there...they must have gotten it off of itunes. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

black_out

Quote from: Volume on July 25, 2011, 04:56:30 AM
I've used it a couple of years, haven't started using premium yet though. The catalogue is getting better and better and you can find some pretty obscure bands (like my band, haha). The adds and time limit are annoying, but even if you don't want to pay it's great for looking up stuff. There have been lots of complaints from artists about the royalties though. Apparently you don't get much even if you have a lot of plays.

I was wondering how the royalties work out. I noticed my bass players old band is on there, too, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know what spotify is.

neighbor664

So far I'm underwhelmed. It seems to do everything my rhapsody subscription does.

black_out

Quote from: neighbor664 on July 25, 2011, 09:09:42 PM
So far I'm underwhelmed. It seems to do everything my rhapsody subscription does.

never used rhapsody. any price difference? one or the other seem to have more music available? I'm really digging using this at work, but if there's something better out there, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

neighbor664

Quote from: black_out on July 25, 2011, 09:56:02 PM
Quote from: neighbor664 on July 25, 2011, 09:09:42 PM

never used rhapsody. any price difference? one or the other seem to have more music available? I'm really digging using this at work, but if there's something better out there, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Rhapsody is $12. The monthly spotify is $9.99. So spotify does have that. The free version of spotify has annoying ads. I'd consider going over to the pay one to save $2, but I'm not looking forward to duplicating the kind of library I've built up over the last two years on rhapsody. Too lazy to be cheap. The spotify gui is friendlier I suppose. I hear they have a shit ton of music the others don't. Who knows if it's anything I care about though. Maybe my tastes aren't obscure enough for it to matter? I'm not seeing it as that drastically different yet though.