Heaven & Hell or Blizzard of Ozz?

Started by Isabellacat, August 08, 2011, 09:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

Marilyn Manson sucks!!!

..but yea Ozzy DID snort a line of ants in front of Motley Crue once.....

and he did bite the head off a bat(during the Diary of a Madman tour?).The biting the bat's head is'nt an urban legend,actually happened.

GodShifter

Yeah, old Ozzy had to get a rabies shot for that one, as I recall. Didn't he also bite the head off of a dove? Or is that urban legend, too?

I remember he played a festival in the Cotton Bowl, years ago, where he shaved his head, but wore a wig for, at least, part of the show and then took it off, stunning the crowd. That seemed like a weird bill, too. Like maybe Loverboy, Foreigner, Ozzy, and somebody else. I'll see if I can find the bill and the show.

GodShifter

Yep, my memory isn't as bad as I thought it was. It was called the "Super Bowl of Rock N' Roll" and it was in 1982. But it wasn't a Texxas Jam (though many think it was). The other band I couldn't think of was LeRoux (who the fuck are they?)/

gatorsnot

Quote from: GodShifter on November 18, 2011, 10:45:51 AM
Yeah, old Ozzy had to get a rabies shot for that one, as I recall. Didn't he also bite the head off of a dove? Or is that urban legend, too?

I remember he played a festival in the Cotton Bowl, years ago, where he shaved his head, but wore a wig for, at least, part of the show and the took off, stunning the crowd. That seemed like a weird bill, too. Like maybe Loverboy, Foreigner, Ozzy, and somebody else. I'll see if I can find the bill and the show.

I recently saw some ozzy documentary where Sharon was saying ozzy didn't want to do the show so he shaved his head to try and get out of it.  Sharon supplied him a wig and of course got ozzy on stage.

GodShifter

Dude, I totally remember that tune and the band, now. To be honest, I kind of dig that  ;D

(I remember liking them as a teenager, too)

vinyldinosaurus

Quote from: GodShifter on November 18, 2011, 03:10:10 PM
Dude, I totally remember that tune and the band, now. To be honest, I kind of dig that  ;D

Me too.

Isabellacat

Quote from: GodShifter on November 18, 2011, 10:45:51 AM

That actually happened too! He bit the head off a dove at some record industry executive meeting for JET Records in early 1980. Some meeting they had before Blizzard was released.Sharon had this bright idea of releasing doves in the air when Ozzy entered the room as she thought that would make a good impression with them. Something about the record executives was that they were'nt that impressed with Blizzard of Ozz as they thought that style of music was out of style at the time and they were hoping for something more New Wave sounding.

Ozzy was coked out and very drunk when this happened.So they released these doves and one of them lands on Ozzy's hand while he drunkenly sat on one of the record exec's lap,and he was so out of it he just bit the head off in front of all these record industry people. It made really big headlines. I guess this convinced them to release the album afterall. OZZY RULES...

cat shepard

Anybody ever hear the Rod Stewart rumors about having to get his stomach pumped of semen? This rumor floated around the same time as the puppies being passed around with demands to slaughter it before the performance could commence in the area where I grew up? These rumors reached this area about three weeks ago.

GodShifter

Yeah, sure, that Rod Stewart rumor was huge in the 70's. Word was he passed out on stage and had to have his stomach pumped due to having, like, a pound of semen in his stomach.

Isabellacat

lol

Ohh gawd, I remember hearing that rumour a longtime ago in the 80's. Not true tho. I read that rumor started around the time 'Do You Think I'm Sexy' became a hit to ruin Rod's career.

Can semen really be so toxic that emergency stomach pumping is required?

Since it consists only of water, sugar, proteins, and some harmless trace ingredients, I know for sure it's not harmful.

cat shepard

Quote from: GodShifter on November 19, 2011, 10:05:15 AM
Yeah, sure, that Rod Stewart rumor was huge in the 70's. Word was he passed out on stage and had to have his stomach pumped due to having, like, a pound of semen in his stomach.
5 gallons
Quote from: Isabellacat on November 20, 2011, 12:11:22 AM
lol

Ohh gawd, I remember hearing that rumour a longtime ago in the 80's. Not true tho. I read that rumor started around the time 'Do You Think I'm Sexy' became a hit to ruin Rod's career.

Can semen really be so toxic that emergency stomach pumping is required?

Since it consists only of water, sugar, proteins, and some harmless trace ingredients, I know for sure it's not harmful.
i think it was supposed to be because there so much. .like 5 gallons . There was a bass player further up in the mtn.s here who went by the moniker Cod Stewart, think he died though.

Isabellacat

Heaven and Hell is a heavier album riff wise, but Blizzard of Ozz has catchier songwriting. Ozzy's a better melody writer than Dio was too,despite Dio having more vocal range...Ozzy's vocal melodies are way more catchier and memorable.

libertycaps

Blizzard of Oz was one of the first lp's in my 13 years old collection, so it holds a special place. Glad to have found a replacement original press Jet(tm) copy. Not many clean vintage copies around because this lp was played to death by pimply 13 year old headbangers like myself. Randy Rhodes guitar playing is intelligent, passionate and just suberb. Ozzy's pen was mighty. Quite a feat to go from singer to songwriter in such quick time really. There's an 80's freshness to it and yet some 70's hippie idealism still intact on alot of the more social/political minded tracks. Brilliant lp. Definitely my fave Ozzy solo album.

I still haven't given Heaven & Hell much of my time. As hard as i've tried, Dio's vocals and lyrics never really "clicked" for me like Ozzy's did.  

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Isabellacat

I still stand by my choice of Blizzard of Ozz today!

Especially after personally interviewing both Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley over the years. After much more indepth insight from them,it makes me appreciate the album even more.

I still keep in touch with Bob,and he's been meaning to hangout with me in Cali when he comes to visit the bay. He told me he wants to take me to one of the members of Night Ranger's music studio in Walnut Creek. Can't wait to party with him lol. Oh and Randy Rhoads definitely smoked weed while making Blizzard according to Bob,although Lee Kerslake is surprisingly straight edge.

JLKOWAL

ISABELLA - you chose a real hard question to answer but I will go for H&H - I always had some kind of connection to darker albums and DIO did just that. ;D ;)