acoustic guitars and clean tones

Started by Isabellacat, August 13, 2011, 03:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hashbrowns

You know it's funny what you guys said about distortion hiding mistakes. When I'm playing on a little practice amp at home distortion can cover mistakes for sure. However, once I'm rehearsing with my group at doom like levels of volume distortion amplifies every little tiny mistake I make. Like if I'm playing clean a string I'm not using can be slightly ringing out and I wouldn't even hear it but since I'm at 11 fuzzed out it causes wicked feedback totally killing my tone and making people grimace haha. Yeah I found that when I'm messin around without plugging in I'll be playing a little sloppy but it sounds killer than I plug in and crank it and those same licks I was playing sound like mud cause of small mistakes. I guess to an uneducated ear it might sound no different but I think that distortion and volume force me to play meticulously to avoid sounding like a wall of feedback and noise. When I miss a power chord even slightly it feels like someone punched me with dissonance.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

RAGER

Acoustics are great and all but usually rough out songs first on a flugelhorn. Then when you pick up your electric it makes it a lot easier.
No Focus Pocus

cat shepard

Just put all your pain into it and learn to really mean it. It will sound great. If it doesn't and you think you are, you're not. Im saying if you can link the emotional equal to the technical in true harmony your dissonance will ring true.