Bad Deals (a good counter-point to Hot Deals)

Started by Baltar, September 05, 2011, 09:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spookstrickland

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 06, 2011, 09:33:06 PM
Go CL ;D but why are they so down on meta-searches, bastards?

Ya that really pissed me off I used to use that jaxxed site to find all sorts of cool shit. WTF craigslist you retards!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

At_Giza

http://www.gbase.com/gear/acoustic-150-1969

Acoustic 150s didn't look like that until 1972, and if there's one thing I don't like, it's an overpriced, false advertised, piece of musical equipment.

Metal and Beer

Quote from: At_Giza on September 09, 2011, 01:49:44 AM
http://www.gbase.com/gear/acoustic-150-1969

Acoustic 150s didn't look like that until 1972, and if there's one thing I don't like, it's an overpriced, false advertised, piece of musical equipment.

^ Agree. That's a second-generation, '72 to '76, they're 125W, and 400 bucks = LOL
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

At_Giza

Yeah, I hate that one, I would pay to get it remade into a T. On top of that it's just too expensive for what it is.

And the $2300 T is the only T I would pay >$1000 for, because of all the documentation.

And then there's this: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/clt/2605874741.html

bitter

^ You gotta be shitting me. I totally missed that one! I go to school in Lynnwood, maybe I'll swing by and offer $4.50  ;D
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

At_Giza

You should, I'll roll over and be like, "Hey, did someone give you a lowball offer? I'm here to off you $4.51."  ;D

bitter

HA! People like that watch too much American pickers and think any and all memorabilia is collectible at top dollar value.

VOLVO)))

There's a fuck ton of price gouging assholes on ebay, I rarely even bother with that shit. There was a guy selling a Chinese Gibson as a "replica" asking 600 dollars. I sent him a link to the exact guitar, and he said "OH MAN! NOW I HAVE DOCUMENTATION FOR IT!" It's up for 800 now. I've been flagging it all day.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

At_Giza

Quote from: bitter end on September 25, 2011, 11:53:41 PM
HA! People like that watch too much American pickers and think any and all memorabilia is collectible at top dollar value.
Yep. I have a Hendrix poster, printed in 1970, looked it up just to be sure of it, but it wasn't worth much. Maybe $50 to the right buyer. Just goes to show that need to realize that just because something is old, not in print/production, or because they've never seen another thing like it, it's worth lots and lots and lots of gold. Ran into a lot of that kind of thing yesterday at an antique mall. Didn't see one single thing worth buying.

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 25, 2011, 11:59:36 PM
There's a fuck ton of price gouging assholes on ebay, I rarely even bother with that shit. There was a guy selling a Chinese Gibson as a "replica" asking 600 dollars. I sent him a link to the exact guitar, and he said "OH MAN! NOW I HAVE DOCUMENTATION FOR IT!" It's up for 800 now. I've been flagging it all day.

Yeah, flagged it too. Problem with eBay is that it shows what the aforementioned "right buyer" would pay for things. Drives up prices beyond what things are truly worth and shows us only the price people who pay top dollar for things will pay. Irritates the hell out of me. There's an Acoustic 271 and 371 from the same seller, $900 and $1000 respectively. Way too much than for what they're worth, even with all the work this dude says he put into them. If I had loads of cash to burn I would get them, because I want, want, want them, but I would never spend more than $600 for each of them, and that's even pushing it.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

At_Giza

Shut up.

There's one on the 'Bay right now for $600 too much. xP

VOLVO)))

Quote from: At_Giza on September 26, 2011, 01:10:52 AM
Shut up.

There's one on the 'Bay right now for $600 too much. xP

Yeah, one sold the other day for -400?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

At_Giza

Yeah, just sold one just like it for $200. There's also a second gen 150 with a 2x15 cab on there for $400, I think. Relatively good deal, I think.

Yeah, this one: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/msg/2607643714.html

I'd buy it if I could justify it.  ;D

VOLVO)))

Hal, if I find shit up there, will you go get it for me?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

At_Giza

Hell yeah, I don't see why not (though I can't say there are very many good deals worth shipping up here heh).