Bad Deals (a good counter-point to Hot Deals)

Started by Baltar, September 05, 2011, 09:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal and Beer

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

VOLVO)))

Yeah, that's dumb. I always have the same reaction when I see beta leads for more than 350. Makes me mad.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mike_Sims

VOLVO)))

Do we have anyone from Nebraska? I want to send someone to kick that guy in the throat.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Metal and Beer

VOLVO)))

I think that site is rigged. Wouldnt put it passed goodwill.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

I collect vintage stereo gear and I've picked up some winners at the Goodwills around here, so I'm not going to complain.  I've never bid on any of their stuff online though.

The Shocker

Metal and Beer

Am I reading that right? The 370 with matching 301 for 375 bucks? This should be in the Hot Deals thread in my opinion...the other two you posted, yeah that's a bit much but matching sets like that get more rare all the time? I wouldn't pay that much for either set unless I was mad at my money

EditBecauseImStoopit: 375 starting bid, not Buy It Now

At_Giza

Yeah, it should be, especially if you live in California. Figured it would make good contrast for the two grossly overpriced sets.

If I had money coming out the ass I would buy them too. Put a ridiculously high bid on them and be happy and shit, but yeah, the second one is a waaay better deal probably won't make it above $1000 because there's no shipping, but whatever. Better condition, comes with covers... is closer to me.  ;D

I imagine the sets are rather numerous, just not as actual sets (broken up, in people's garages and storage sheds, landfills), these days people who really want one will buy the new ones from here: http://www.acousticbassusa.com/

Though I think those are a bad deal unto themselves. New, SS, >$2000? Yeah, pass. Oh yeah, that's just the preamp.  :P

Metal and Beer

Holy fucking shit, 1,999 for just the preamp?? The originals are ten times cheaper and very likely higher quality.

Wow.

At_Giza

Yeah, it's boutique price gouging at it's finest.

The 360s are harder to find than the 370s, so they're naturally going to be a little more expensive that the 370. Either way, they're essentially the same amplifier in two different generations. If I could find a 360 I would snatch it up as fast as possible. 

Lumpy

Quote from: Instant Dan on October 20, 2011, 09:11:33 PM
http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/2628424263.html

Not terrible price for a mint, clean Sunn and speaker cabinet, where everything is in working condition. I've seen a lot worse for prices.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bitter

Quote from: Lumpy on October 20, 2011, 09:29:03 PM
Quote from: Instant Dan on October 20, 2011, 09:11:33 PM
http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/2628424263.html

Not terrible price for a mint, clean Sunn and speaker cabinet, where everything is in working condition. I've seen a lot worse for prices.

The CL ad is gone now so I can't confirm, but that exact rig was for sale (Head was a '68 I think) up in my parts for $600. Looked just as clean. The ad was up for about a week when I saw it so I just passed on it.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Metal and Beer

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

At_Giza

Meaning that it will be at the least $1750 when on sale wherever the hell they're sold.

VOLVO)))

They're too expensive for not so much pedal. Fuck that shit.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.