Bad Deals (a good counter-point to Hot Deals)

Started by Baltar, September 05, 2011, 09:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Instant Dan on October 26, 2011, 02:17:11 PM
This a bad deal for me, personally.
http://houston.craigslist.org/msg/2657436365.html
I've got one of 'em sitting on top of my theremin ;D

Hey where did those funky icons come from?

Lumpy

I'd guess it's priced more than double what it's worth.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Hemisaurus

Remember what I said about Illinois being a bad place for deals :'(

Lumpy

Everybody thinks their crap is worth more than it is... that seems to be universal.

One bad thing about Craigs List... you can't enjoy watching these jokers get 'no bids'.

At_Giza

Then again all of us Cragslisting people get lowball offers and suffer in the privacy of our own home.

THE SHIT I LIST ISN'T EVEN OVERPRICED!!  >:(

hashbrowns

Damn dude. I'm about to walk and go pick that up myself.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

justinhedrick

Quote from: hashbrowns on October 26, 2011, 08:14:25 PM
Damn dude. I'm about to walk and go pick that up myself.

right? why wouldn't he just throw it away? if it didn't sell for $20, i doubt it sells for $15.

are you in IL?

Hemisaurus

That's a good cab design, hey Justin can you snag me it, if you don't want it, I'll come get it?

PS I'm not saying there are no good deals, just fewer and further between, too many people selling kack for 10% of store price.

Hemisaurus

Oh that's miles away from you, never mind. I could have snagged that $50 Peavey 2x15 in STL and couldn't be arsed. Think I may have reached speaker limit, unless it's really interesting.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 26, 2011, 08:35:11 PM
Oh that's miles away from you, never mind. I could have snagged that $50 Peavey 2x15 in STL and couldn't be arsed. Think I may have reached speaker limit, unless it's really interesting.

yeah, it's about 25 miles away, which isn't bad, but for a shitty MDF cab that MIGHT not work . . .

i need a peavey 2x15. but i'm holding off to just build my 2x12/2x15 hybrid.

Metal and Beer

Hems, the new icons are for embedding Soundcloud files, might could come in handy in the Jam Room for sharing gear examples and such
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Hemisaurus

nobody on here makes music, they just talk bs about it.

Metal and Beer

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Lumpy

Dude doesn't want to pay 15 dollars for a cabinet, if the speakers aren't working ???

Actually that cabinet will be heavy as fuck - (big 2x15 made of MDF)

bitter

its the will trade for sailboat guy again  ::)

I don't even want guess at what his individual prices are like.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/2709265574.html
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

At_Giza

bitter

fuck that noise, but it's what I figured. some of that cosmetic wear is substantial enough to make me wonder about issues with the electronics. not worth the hassle, but thats a mighty harem.

mortlock

i didnt like the digitech pedal i got..go figure..

At_Giza

Quote from: bitter end on November 19, 2011, 12:34:53 AM
fuck that noise, but it's what I figured. some of that cosmetic wear is substantial enough to make me wonder about issues with the electronics. not worth the hassle, but thats a mighty harem.
I'd love to go take some pix of this one dude's sailboat that I know, it's a nice one, worth around $250,000.  Be like, "I have this one, but I want that much for it, and your shit, as much as I want it, ain't even gonna cover even half the $50,000 let alone the 200 grand on top of it. So, you know, sell your house or something dude, 'cause these 'collectible amps', if we can really call them that... Just aren't gonna do it."

bitter

Quote from: At_Giza on November 19, 2011, 03:26:30 AM
I'd love to go take some pix of this one dude's sailboat that I know, it's a nice one, worth around $250,000.  Be like, "I have this one, but I want that much for it, and your shit, as much as I want it, ain't even gonna cover even half the $50,000 let alone the 200 grand on top of it. So, you know, sell your house or something dude, 'cause these 'collectible amps', if we can really call them that... Just aren't gonna do it."

:D It's seriously getting to the point where I'm tempted to get something new/built as apposed to waiting around for "that" deal to come along. The prices are so close in some instances that I'd rather not buy an older, smashed to shit vintage amp with all the unknown variable associated with older gear.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.