Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelZodiac

Michael Gira is a dick. fact.

Not really musicians but producers:
Billy Anderson
Steve Albini
Jack Endino
Sanford Parker

Each has their own sound and personally I think every band (I mean this literally, every band around the world) could benefit from an Albini production but that's just me. The new Toxic Holocaust record isn't done by Endino and it shows though the record is a move forward musically. I like how Sanford Parker thinks along with a band and comes up with some cool stuff, I know the dudes from Cough& Nachtmystium are really excited about working with him in general.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

clockwork green

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on September 07, 2011, 07:18:35 AM
Michael Gira is a dick. fact.

Even if true it wouldn't diminish my interest in working with him. My interest in him is purely artistic. A lot of my favorite records were probably made by assholes that weren't the nicest folks and that's fine with me if that's not what I'm after from them.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Instant Dan

Yeah, I am not going to be friends with the guy, I am just going to work with him. Don't forget a lot of great albums have happened when members were fighting with each other heavily.

Guitars(vocalists):                                    Bassists:
Scott Kelly                                               Reeder
Pepper Keenan                                         Bogart
Wino                                                       Mike Dean
Iommi                                                    Jack Bruce
Victor Griffin                                           Dixie
Josh Homme                                           Lemmy
Kevin Shields                                          Al Cisneros
Jay Bennett/Jeff Tweedy                         
Matt Pike
Jim McCarthy
Mario Lalli

The Shocker

Isabellacat

I've also dreamt of making a song with Bjork (Icelandic singer, not Brant)..

mortlock

miles davis
peter brotzmann
anthony braxton
borbetomagus

peyotepeddler

the whole yawning man crew would suffice right about now, i've been on a "nomadic pursuits" kick for sometime

Danny G

Wouldn't mind doing an album with Ben from Brought Low. Hey Ben, whatca up to this weekend? \m/,
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

rayinreverse

Endino will work with anyone,schedules allowing.
My friends Thunderfist have done 2 records with him.

johnny problem

SpaceTrucker

Guitar: Jesse Ed Davis (deceased)
          Mick Abrams(might be dead)
          Matt Pike (word)

Bass:  Tim Bogert
         Glenn Cornick
         Jaco Pastorius(I will Eq his amp though)

Drums: Bill Ward
          Dale Crover
          John Densmore

Organ: Vincent Crane

Producer: Im gonna go with Jack Endino, and I know this sounds odd but Terry Knight. Those grand funk and bloodrock records are heavy as balls. I know I could sit here and think of more but I'm stopping here.

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Baltar

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Metal and Beer

Derek Trucks, Norwood Fisher, Jimmy Bower, Ross Karpelman, Wino, Kiffin Rogers, Sanford Parker, Brian Daniloski, Vince Burke, Erik Larson, Danny Nick, Jeff Morgan, Rafael Martinez, many many more...
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Hemisaurus

I think Max Calavera has you beat, didn't he put ultrasounds of his unborn son on one of his albums ;)

grimniggzy

Would like to chill, smoke & record with Brant Bjork
I've been listening to Jalamanta a lot lately.
I guess deep down I wish summer would start again already.

Metal and Beer

Dude, Brant Bjork is an excellent choice. He can play all insts. well but more importantly he "understands"...he's got the right heart/soul/feeling/mojo..
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Chovie D

Quote from: strangelight on September 06, 2011, 10:01:56 PM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 06, 2011, 11:57:34 AM
I suppose I could drop Endino, I don't know of anything he's done that is on my must have list, but he seemed like a nice guy ;)

jack endino helped me with my physics homework when i was in high school. dude answers every email, to a fault.

Jacks a great guy. So nice and incredibly smart. He's recorded some of my absolute favorite albums... such as TAD's Gods Balls.
He operates out of a small studio here in seattle and keeps it accessible to local bands which is a great great thing. He's a pillar of this community and just a sweet guy.

Hemisaurus

See just everything I see him in, or read about him, he seems like such a nice guy. You should check out his website on Mexican Fender Amp Clones, it's pretty funny.

bbottom

Volume

Brant Bjork or Jean Paul Gaster or maybe even Dave Grohl would be cool on drums.
maybe Al Cisneros on bass or someone more straight forward, some 8th notes guy.
Josh Homme would be interesting on guitar and Nicke Andersson too.
Rick Rubin and me would produce it.

the diddler

Quote from: Chovie D on September 22, 2011, 07:39:27 PM
Quote from: strangelight on September 06, 2011, 10:01:56 PM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 06, 2011, 11:57:34 AM
I suppose I could drop Endino, I don't know of anything he's done that is on my must have list, but he seemed like a nice guy ;)

jack endino helped me with my physics homework when i was in high school. dude answers every email, to a fault.

Jacks a great guy. So nice and incredibly smart. He's recorded some of my absolute favorite albums... such as TAD's Gods Balls.
He operates out of a small studio here in seattle and keeps it accessible to local bands which is a great great thing. He's a pillar of this community and just a sweet guy.

Troof.  And dude's always been that way.

I'd love to do a record with Lanegan, and Danny from Tool would be a fun sort to spend some studio time with....and the Wright bros, and alan sparhawk, and..... too many other fuckers 

Chovie D

I first met Jack n the late 80's when he was touring with Skin Yard and they stayed at my house in Madison Wisconsin. He was super nice back then as well and amazed me with his vast knowledge of all things musical.

Ive never actually tracked with him, tho he's mixed and mastered some albums Ive played on. Id love to track wiht him some day and i know i will have that pleasure and honor at some point. He was playing drums in my friends band not long ago but I think they called it quits.

I met albini once, he wasnt a dick to me ...but then we didnt speak at all. i was with my friends in Killdozer in chicago when oe of their amps blew during soundcheck, we hussled over to albinis and borrowed one before the gig