Main Menu

Permanently On Pedals

Started by Hemisaurus, September 12, 2011, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instant Dan

Very little, if any, compression of the sound.

Hemisaurus

CONFESSION: I started this thread because I'm too lazy to order a bypass switch for my fuzz ;D

bitter

Can't you rig an instrument cable to do that???

I saw a local shop create a makeshift channel selector for a used amp by plugging a cable into the footswitch jack and wrapping some aluminum foil on the opposite end. pop the foil on and off to toggle between channels. Ghetto as shit, but worked.  :D
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

Mike does run a compressor up front. That's where I stole the idea from! :D
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bloodofkings

Quote from: Hemisaurus on September 13, 2011, 09:32:35 PM
CONFESSION: I started this thread because I'm too lazy to order a bypass switch for my fuzz ;D

I've thought many times about just wiring my fuzz to "on". So I don't have to think about turning it off.
I can't crap for shit.

Hemisaurus

Send me your fuzz, I'll wire it, and steal the switch.

Sorry, but my tequila bottle is rather empty ::)

mortlock

currently none that are always on..at one point i had a dod death metal pedal that was always on..

Pundan

Quote from: Instant Dan on September 13, 2011, 06:26:22 PM
I think the key is using a loud open head. I always thought a compressor was the secret to YOB guitar tone. Mike turns on the compressor with that Matamp, or now Superbass head, and would run gobs of distortion.
That's how I use it and it's pretty much from where I stole the idea too :) I keep my Matamp GT-1 on Non-Master mode and use the compressor to "boost" the distorted sound of the amp which gives it huge sustain (I don't keep it on at all times as I said earlier). But mostly it get used during clean parts in our songs just to get all the notes to the same volume. We're a three-piece and the compressor pedal helps me get a more fuller sound that doesn't get overshadowed by the bass & drums.

Also a compressor is fantastic toy to use along with delay, phaser and so forth for the trippy stuff. I never knew I needed one until I tried 'em.

Derelict78

None ALL the time but my DE Darkboost is on most of the time along with my modded DS-1